ONE SACRIFICE FOR SIN Tune to: "THERE IS A FOUNTAIN" CM/DOUBLE Words by JIM BYRD
1. The blood of bulls and goats could not Our sins remove or cleanse; Salvation from our guiltiness, Upon the Lord depends. No sacrifice could satisfy, That which the Lord commands; No offering that man could bring, Could equal His demands.
2. But lo! The Savior from above, The Father’s own dear Son, Came down to save us from our guilt, By Him the work was done! When Jesus died on Calvary, The law was magnified; There truth and mercy were displayed, And God was satisfied.
3. The Lord in justice freely saves, For Christ was crucified; He rose and ever intercedes For those He bled and died. O sinner come by faith to Him, Your wretchedness confess; And may your hope forever be, His blood and righteousness.
Today’s Speaker: Eager Avenue Grace Church extends a warm welcome to Pastor Gary Shepard. Gary will conduct both the 10:00 am and 11:00 am services today. Pray for him as he delivers God's Word.
Television Broadcast: Our Reign of Grace Television program is being broadcast on WFXL Fox 31, Channel 4. The program will air every Sunday morning at 11 AM.
Radio Broadcast: Sunday morning at 10:30 am on Mix 107.7 FM
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;Ephesians 2:1
The greatest evidence of spiritual death is that men and women who do not know the true gospel and do not trust the true Christ can remain so and be satisfied. They are content being deceived and deluded by the offerings of false religion. The only remedy for such a condition is the quickening power and grace of God. This He did for the believers at Ephesus and must do for all He saves. When He comes to the sinner in life-giving power, they behold the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. The truth is preached to them and they then believe iti. They trust Christ alone for everything and believing on Him they show that they have “passed from death unto life.” Being alive spiritually, they cast off the grave clothes of self-righteousness and the idolatry of their former religion and look by faith to Christ alone as He is in truth. Paul confessed, “I was before, a blasphemer.” Only when made alive by God do we know we were dead!
--- Gary Shepard
THE GODLY WALK OF BELIEVERS
When it comes to the godly walk of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious reality of God’s grace is this – Before we take the first step in the walk of faith, we are already completely justified, sanctified, fit, and entitled to all of salvation unto final glory, all based on the righteousness of God worked out and found in Christ and imputed to us. We are to run the Christian race, persevere in the faith, walk in the light, seek to bear fruit and be instruments of good works, not in order to become saints, but we are to do all of this as having been made full-fledged saints by virtue of the sovereign grace of God in Christ alone. It is THIS kind of grace that motivates us by love and gratitude to walk after and mind the things of the Spirit. This is the godly walk of believers in newness of spirit.
--- Pastor Bill Parker
SAVED BY GRACE
In reading the Scriptures, I not only find that salvation is by God’s grace alone, but also that grace is shown to sinners in a way that honors His justice in the punishment of sin through the death and resurrection of Christ. What does the Bible say about divine grace?
1. GRACE WAS GIVEN TO SOME SINNERS IN CHRIST FROM OLD ETERNITY. "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (2 Timothy1:9).
2. GRACE IS FREELY GIVEN BUT ALWAYS ON THE BASIS OF THE SUBSTITUTIONARY DEATH OF CHRIST. "Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24).
3. GRACE IS A SOVEREIGN GIFT OF GOD. "And He said, I will make all My goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy" (Exodus 33:19).
4. GRACE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY ADDITIVE FROM MAN. "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work" (Romans 11:5-6).
5. GRACE FOR GUILTY SINNERS IS ONLY TO BE FOUND IN CHRIST. "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).
6. GRACE IS THE POWERFUL MOTIVATING PRINCIPLE THAT GOVERNS A BELIEVER’S LIFE. "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace" (Romans 6:14).
7. AS GRACE IS THE THEME OF OUR SONG IN THIS WORLD, SO IT WILL BE IN ETERNITY. "By the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Corinthians 15:10).