JEHOVAH CAME IN HUMAN FLESH Tune: "I SING THE MIGHTY POWER OF GOD" CM/DOUBLE Words by JIM BYRD
1. In bondage, guilt and helplessness, Poor wretched sinners lay; Without a ray of hope within, Like sheep we went astray. But God in lovingkindness cared, This fills us with relief; He sent His dear be-lov-ed Son, To bear our sin and grief.
2. Jehovah came in human flesh, He dwelt among the lost; Then to the cross the Savior went, And paid our ransom cost. O praise the Lord for with that death, Our God was satisfied; Christ honored justice and His law Was fully magnified.
3. What matchless wisdom was displayed In Jesus crucified; And all for whom He bled and died, Were saved and justified! Since brought to see His glories we In Him alone find rest; And all who know Him savingly Are in His beauty dressed.
SCRIPTURE READINGS: MORNING: EPHESIANS 1:1-14 EVENING: JOHN 11:1-10
SEEING THE KING There is one word in the Bible which in itself forms a complete library, and that word is Christ, the uncreated Word. And when the redeemed and regenerated child of God, brought from the Adam-darkness of a state of nature into a state of grace, is savingly acquainted with this divine Word, he is then made "wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 3:15). And as the Lord the Spirit leads him on, in daily acts of faith, by living upon, walking with, and rejoicing in the glorious person and the finished salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ, he is brought also to what the apostle calls, "all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God and of the Father and of Christ in Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:2-3). And what tends to endear this science to the awakened soul yet more is that in learning to know Christ, we learn at the same time to know ourselves. For in exact proportion as He is exalted in our view and His glory is more and more manifested to our spiritual apprehension, we sink in our own esteem, and get out of love with ourselves. In the contemplation of His holiness, acting as a mirror, we contrast with it our deformity. We feel as Job felt, and say as he said, under the deepest sense of soul humiliation, after the Lord had answered him out of the whirlwind; "I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear, but now mine eye seeth Thee: wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes" (Job 42:5-6). And such will be the self-loathing of every truly regenerated child of God, under similar circumstances. There cannot but be solemn and awful apprehensions of our own fallen and sinful nature, when the spiritual eye is enlightened to see "the King in His beauty" (Isaiah 33:17). ‚ÄďRobert Hawker
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." (Matthew 5:6)
PREACHING THE GOSPEL "Woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" (1 Corinthians 9:16) What is it to preach the gospel? 1. It is to tell the truth about the triune God. He is the holy, eternal, omnipotent and unchangeable Sovereign of His creation. He does His will throughout the realms of nature, providence and grace.
2. It is to tell the truth about man. All fell in Adam‚Äôs transgression, are spiritually dead and under the dominion of sin and Satan and without righteousness, goodness or spiritual understanding. None have the desire or the ability to seek after the God of the Bible.
3. It is to tell the truth about salvation. In the covenant of grace, God ordained the salvation of a multitude who were chosen and entrusted to Christ their Surety. He took them into eternal union with Himself and in time established righteousness for them and redeemed them from the curse of the law by His death and resurrection. The Spirit sends them the gospel, imparts life and faith to them and seals them until the day of redemption when they will be glorified. "Salvation is of the LORD" (Jonah 2:9).
4. It is to tell the truth about Christ. The great "I AM," the Son of God, was made flesh to save His people from their sins by His substitutionary death thereby enabling God to be "a just God and a Savior." He arose because of their justification and ever lives to make intercession for them. Having finished the work of redemption, He has been given power over all flesh to give eternal life to those the Father gave Him. Someday He will come again and judge the world in righteousness. The wicked will be cast into the lake of fire and the saints will abide with Him in paradise forever. ‚ÄďPastor Jim Byrd
‚ÄúNeither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.‚ÄĚ (Hebrews 9:12) THE FREE GRACE OF GOD Tune to ‚ÄúTHERE IS A FOUNTAIN‚ÄĚ CM/DOUBLE Words by JIM BYRD
THANKFULNESS FOR CHRIST Tune to ‚ÄúCOME YE THANKFUL PEOPLE COME‚ÄĚ 126.96.36.199./Double Words by JIM BYRD 1. Sing aloud this hymn of praise, Hallelujahs let us raise; Bless the Lord of earth and skies, Let thanksgiving ever rise. View...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
GIVE GLORY TO THE LORD Tune to ‚ÄúI LOVE THY KINGDOM LORD‚ÄĚ SM Words by JIM BYRD 1. Our God and Father praise, For free and sovereign grace; In love He purposed to redeem And save a chosen race. 2. Give honor to the Son, Who...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
UNCHANGING LOVE Tune to: "MY FAITH HAS FOUND A RESTING PLACE" CM with Chorus Words by: JIM BYRD 1. Christ is our gracious Lord and King, Our sympathetic Friend; His love for all His chosen ones, Will never change or end. CHORUS: O love of...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
IN CHRIST I AM RESTORED TUNE TO ‚ÄúO FOR A THOUSAND TONGUES‚ÄĚ CM WORDS BY JIM BYRD 1. ‚ÄėTis written in the Word of God That all are full of sin; That due to Adam‚Äôs guilt and fall, No soundness is within. 2. Faced with my shame...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
WHY SHOULD THIS RANSOMED SINNER FEAR? TUNE "FROM EVERY STORMY WIND" LM WORDS BY JIM BYRD 1. When troubles like a mountain rise, O let me trust my Lord most wise; When storms assail and billows roll, Still rest in Him who saved my soul. 2. For...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
ALL THINGS TOGETHER WORK FOR GOOD TUNE: ‚ÄúAM I A SOLDIER OF THE CROSS?‚ÄĚ CM WORDS BY JIM BYRD 1. O may each child of God rejoice, As we our steps survey; For God ordained our earthly path, And wisely chose our way. 2. No need...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
MY BROTHER-FRIEND Tune to "O FOR A THOUSAND TONGUES" CM Words by JIM BYRD 1. Poor, weak and sinful though I am, I have a heav‚Äônly Friend; Christ Jesus is His precious Name, He loves me without end. 2. Though I was ruined by the fall, Christ bore...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
SING THE PRAISES OF THE LORD Tune to "LOVED WITH EVERLASTING LOVE" 77.77/double Words by JIM BYRD 1. Now behold a mystery, Christ Himself the Deity; Came into this world of woe, Came to pay the debt we owe. Son of God mighty to save, His own...[ abbreviated | read entire ]