Sign in or signup

4,258 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
AUG 27, 2016
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -29 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | FF | SA News
FRONT PAGE  |  8/27/2016
TUESDAY, AUG 31, 2010  |  9 comments
8 in 10 Churchgoers Think Sex Offenders Belong in Church
Nearly 80 percent of churchgoers surveyed by Christianity Today International (CTI) said they believe sex offenders belong in the church under appropriate supervision.

When asked, however, how they would respond if a known offender expressed a desire to serve in a ministry at church, almost half of the survey’s 2,500 respondents said they would be opposed.

“One-fourth (26 percent) of respondents think a known ex-offender should be allowed to serve in a leadership position in church. One and a half times more respondents (38 percent) think they should not be allowed to lead,” added Cynia Solver of Solver Solutions, who crafted the report on the "Sex Offenders in the Church" survey. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

Greatest need of the church?
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The Word of God and the Church • Dr. Mark Minnick | 11/5/2014
•  The Skeleton, Part 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 8/15/2014
•  Church Discipline Part 1 • Jeff Noblit | 2/22/2007
•  Don't Neglect Meeting Together • Dr. James White | 11/27/2011

   08/27/16  |  Chinese House Church Rejects Orders to Stop Religious Activities
   08/27/16  |  Online dating is massive among US evangelicals
   08/26/16  |  ‘Open Bible can stay on US Air Force Major’s desk’ • 7 comments
   08/26/16  |  Ken Ham Rebuts Lutheran Leader Who Says Noah’s Flood ‘Not... • 13 comments
   08/25/16  |  Pew: Americans giving up on God, miracles • 136 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/26/16  |  States Sue Obama Administration Over Mandate Forcing Doctors to... • 1 comments
   08/25/16  |  Powerful Earthquake in Italy Kills More Than 150 and Shatters... • 47 comments
   08/24/16  |  Target Stock Plummets as Boycotts Surge • 7 comments
   08/23/16  |  Teenage Girl Ditches Smartphone For Flip Phone To Find Peace • 10 comments
   08/23/16  |  Federal court blocks Obama’s transgender-bathroom order • 8 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   08/26/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-26-16 • 1 comments
   08/19/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-19-16 • 1 comments
   08/15/16  |  SermonAudio Tip: Broadcasters, Upload Shorter Videos for Free! • 1 comments
   08/12/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-12-16
   08/05/16  |  Feedback Friday for 08-05-16 • 1 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 9 user comment(s)
News Item9/1/10 12:18 AM
Rick  Find all comments by Rick
Silofolous wrote:
lol that was my post not his. Thanks for the compliment.
As to your comment though, I would say if anyone wouldn't because of concern for others it would be the murderers (general) , because they don't discriminate. Keeping out a child sex offender saves the children, keeping out a murderer saves everybody, if you understand what I'm saying. I don't intend to sound so cold, but I understand my point could be taken as such.
Sorry for the mistake. I'm kinda old for all the computer stuff, so I hit the wrong things sometimes.
God bless and goodnight.
9

News Item8/31/10 11:37 PM
Silofolous | USA  Find all comments by Silofolous
Rick wrote:
There is no need for that friend. I was agreeing with your post, and anwering what I though to be an honest quetion, believing you really wanted an answer. I am a pastor and have delt with this and many other things.
If you really want an anwser on how we handle some of these things, I'd be glad to share. But if your questions are just to raise objections, I'm not availabe for that.
God Bless, and keep up the good heart you have for reaching the lost. The Lord will honor you.
lol that was my post not his. Thanks for the compliment.

As to your comment though, I would say if anyone wouldn't because of concern for others it would be the murderers (general) , because they don't discriminate. Keeping out a child sex offender saves the children, keeping out a murderer saves everybody, if you understand what I'm saying. I don't intend to sound so cold, but I understand my point could be taken as such.

8

News Item8/31/10 4:17 PM
Rick | Alabama  Find all comments by Rick
2Rist wrote:
As to "concern for children" I assume that concern extends beyond the walls of the church building into the whole community? This being so I further assume there is a facility within your community for dealing with sex offenders and other criminals.
Alternatively you could have a couple of bouncers at the door of the church and ensure that unseemly and villainous characters are kept out. In doing so you could claim "ownership" of the church and suspect all callings which you don't personally authorise.
Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
There is no need for that friend. I was agreeing with your post, and anwering what I though to be an honest quetion, believing you really wanted an answer. I am a pastor and have delt with this and many other things.

If you really want an anwser on how we handle some of these things, I'd be glad to share. But if your questions are just to raise objections, I'm not availabe for that.

God Bless, and keep up the good heart you have for reaching the lost. The Lord will honor you.

7

News Item8/31/10 3:58 PM
2Rist  Find all comments by 2Rist
As to "concern for children" I assume that concern extends beyond the walls of the church building into the whole community? This being so I further assume there is a facility within your community for dealing with sex offenders and other criminals.

Alternatively you could have a couple of bouncers at the door of the church and ensure that unseemly and villainous characters are kept out. In doing so you could claim "ownership" of the church and suspect all callings which you don't personally authorise.

Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

6

News Item8/31/10 3:40 PM
Rick | Alabama  Find all comments by Rick
Silofolous wrote:
Of course sex offenders belong in church!
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?
Romans 10:14 (ESV)
You say: Well, you don't need to go to church to hear preaching. Street evangelism will be sufficient.
So what is this street evangelist going to say should a sex offender repent and truly be saved? " Well, just stay by yourself, and don't commune with other believers as the writer of Hebrews tells you to do".
Paul, speaking to the church in Corinth, reminds the members that many of the CONGREGATION were murderers, homosexuals, adulterers, thieves, etc. But that they were washed and sanctified.
What makes being a sex offender any worse than being a murderer, an adulterer, or one who is sexually immoral (which may even include being a sex offender, I don't claim to know the Greek)?
Very good response. As to the last point though; the difference of concern would be that of the safety of children. Close supervision would be wise.
5

News Item8/31/10 3:30 PM
2Rist  Find all comments by 2Rist
Frankly this sounds like a completely meaningless survey. Why this kind of questioning should be carried out I am at a loss to imagine.

Question "Should a sinner go to church?" - Yes. Obviously church would be empty without the sinners in the pews and the pulpits.

Question "Why should anybody go to church?" - Because they feel called to do so. As to their previous "record" in the community; - Criminals are accepted and by grace they change. If not they go to prison.

4

News Item8/31/10 3:18 PM
Silofolous | USA  Find all comments by Silofolous
Of course sex offenders belong in church!

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

Romans 10:14 (ESV)

You say: Well, you don't need to go to church to hear preaching. Street evangelism will be sufficient.

So what is this street evangelist going to say should a sex offender repent and truly be saved? " Well, just stay by yourself, and don't commune with other believers as the writer of Hebrews tells you to do".

Paul, speaking to the church in Corinth, reminds the members that many of the CONGREGATION were murderers, homosexuals, adulterers, thieves, etc. But that they were washed and sanctified.

What makes being a sex offender any worse than being a murderer, an adulterer, or one who is sexually immoral (which may even include being a sex offender, I don't claim to know the Greek)?

3

News Item8/31/10 2:16 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
If churches merely avoided entrusting *any* adults (ex-cons or not) with the care of young people during meeting times, the sex offender risk would be greatly reduced.

But since church traditions trump Scripture, this will happen only rarely, I fear, so we'll continue seeing news stories like this: Youth minister found guilty of molestation

2

News Item8/31/10 1:58 PM
revivalandreformation | Canada  Find all comments by revivalandreformation
Sex Offenders belong in prison, not in church. If a "Sex offender" comes to church he better be there to get genuine help or he needs to be told to leave and don't come back. Once one of these perverted monsters gets their hands on an innocent child, that child is ruined for life.
1
There are a total of 9 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
High School Students Dissected BRAINS OF ABORTED BABIES
connor from ca: "absolutely horrendous, they have seared their conscience with a..."
-9 min 
School District: Shh, Don't Tell Parents a (“Transgender”) Boy...
penned: " connor pennelope wrote: 'nothing funnier than hearing a southerner read..."
-28 min 57 
How Can Black Lives Matter When 20 Million Black Babies Have...
connor from ca: "unfortunately, i'm afraid we have created 'races' and it will be..."
-1 hrs 12 



Mike Allison
An Enemy Because of Truth

Galatians 4:10-18
Sunday - PM
Madison Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Daniel J. Phillips
Prophets in the Church

Life in Christ
Copperfield Bible Church
Play! | MP3

Don Green
Authority and Love

Truth Community Church
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Ralph Bouma
The Sexual Revolution

Radio
Gospel Chapel Ministries
Play! | MP3

Sponsor: Clinton Cash Exposes Crooked Clintons
www.puritandownloads.com/cl..

SPONSOR | 5,000+

SPONSOR




                   
God never fails those who trust Him. ... Alexander Simpson

Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal


MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
Apple TV New!
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Apple Watch
Android Wear
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription
PowerClips New!
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domain
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BW
JSON API New!

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Support Us | Feedback Fridays New!