Grace Immanuel Reformed Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

•  Apple TV
•  Chromecast
MyChurch: girbc | Set
MyChurch Code#: 03826
“Great Sermon!”
Robert Gonzales Jr from California
Good handling of a difficult text.
Pastor Jeff Johnson | Genesis, #49

Sermon7/20/11 9:52 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Romans, #69
Greg Nichols
Amen! Thank you for this wonderful, powerful, message! Much needed in our day.

Sermon11/30/10 3:16 AM
Lia Leigh from Nigeria  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lia Leigh
The Danger of Good Preaching
Pastor Jeff Johnson
Dear Pastor, I have to say the truth: I have enjoyed your good sermon! I am a missionary to Africa. I am a preacher of Christ also. The danger I see here is not only to the congregation but to the preacher also. I have discovered a tendency in my heart 'to like' the people that go to a good church more than them that avoid it. We are praying for revival here. The no one enemy we have discovered is the evil spirit of religion that drives people to church to listen to sermons, do ministry...but still remain sinners. The warning of God to Ezekiel, to be watchful about the effect of the spirit of religion over his own heart as a man of God, has been a great encouragemnet to me all these years. God cares about my heart that I may not be deceived! This is a great comfort to me! God bless you, your family and church. In Christ alone, Lia Leigh.

Sermon11/18/10 6:32 AM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Contact via emailFind all comments by Thomas Sullivan
Romans, #57
Greg Nichols
“ Creation's Controversy with Man ”
Jonathan Edwards wrote: the creation groans with you;the sun does not willingly shine upon you to give you light to serve sin and Satan; the earth does not willingly yield her increase to satisfy your lusts; nor is it willingly a stage for your wickedness to be acted upon; the air does not willingly serve you for breath to maintain the flame of life in your vitals, while you spend your life in the service of God's enemies. God's creatures groan when they are abused to purposes so directly contrary to their nature and end. And the world would spew you out, were it not for the sovereign hand of him who hath subjected it in hope. Joseph Alleine wrote," If inanimate creatures could but speak, your food would say, 'Lord, must I nourish such a wretch as this, and yield forth my strength for him, to dishonor You? No, I will choke him rather, if You will give commission.' The very air would say, 'Lord, must I give this man breath, to set his tongue against heaven, and scorn Your people, and vent his pride and wrath, and filthy talk, and belch out oaths and blasphemy against You? No, if You will but say the word, he shall be breathless for me.' - In this sermon Pastor Nichols explains why this controversy.

Sermon11/14/10 11:37 PM
Linda Sylvain  Contact via emailFind all comments by Linda Sylvain
The Bitterness of Bitterness
Greg Nichols

Sermon9/21/10 2:03 PM
Michael Waters from Akron Ohio  Contact via emailFind all comments by Michael Waters
“ A must hear! ”
Excellent sermon. Pastor Nichols hit the nail on the head. This is a distiction that must be maintained. Hodge and Haldane would have made more sense on this text if they would have understood it in its context. The contetxt is the day of judgment. V13 explains v12. Jews will be judged sticter due to their privilges. Just to have the law is not enought. We must do it. This is the purpose of the gospel(Rom.3:31; 8:4). We hear much about the need to harmonize Paul with James. But what is needed is to harminize Paul with Paul and Paul with Jesus (Matt.37). This is best done by retaining this distiction. John Colguhoun, "Though it is by the surety-righteousness of Jesus Christ, apprehnded by faith alone, that the sinner's person is justified in the sight of God, yet it is by a holy practice that his character can be justified before men." Thank you pastor Nichols. This was a true blessing. Mike Waters Heritage RBC

Sermon8/11/10 9:30 PM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison MI  Contact via emailFind all comments by Thomas Sullivan
Romans, #56
Greg Nichols
“ Spirit Baptism and Assurance? ”
This is a helpful examination of the errant teaching of a subsequent work of the Spirit that is supposed to aid in assurance of salvation. Such a teaching has been held, historically, from such notables as Lloyd-Jones, Thomas Goodwin 1600-1680, and Ann Dutton 1692-1765. But even of hypocrites Edwards warns, "Instead of rejoicing in Christ Jesus, they rejoice in their admirable experiences. Instead of feeding and feasting their souls in viewing the innate, sweet, refreshing amiableness of the things exhibited in the gospel, they view them only as it were side-ways. The object that fixes their contemplation, is their experience; and they are ever feeding their souls, and feasting a selfish principle, with a view of their discoveries. They take more comfort in their discoveries than in Christ discovered." Religious Affections.

Sermon7/27/10 6:06 AM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Find all comments by Thomas Sullivan
I listened to this report and immediately after listened to a report of Edwin Gonzalez called a Cuba Missionary Report, SID=723101656164. The house of mourning is certainly better than the house of feasting, for contemplation. And yet I learned that we often estimate other person's poverty when weighed by our affluent life style. For I dare say the brethren in some of these countries have more joy than we often have. Still, I wish sometimes when I have a child discontent when his present lot, I wish I could just walk with him for one hour through Haiti to put things in perspective.

Sermon5/31/10 8:30 AM
J. Walker  Find all comments by J. Walker
Christian Modesty, #1
Greg Nichols
“ Amen, my brother ”
Thank you, for this assistance in raising our children and instructing on this, necessary subject in balance.

Sermon3/11/10 6:57 PM
“ A Hearty Amen! ”
After hearing 7 other messages from two other RBCs, about contextualization and cultural relevance, this was a welcome reminder of the old paths. There is one question on this subject that in our day would hardly be asked: if the service is embellished for a certain effect, isn't it possible that our worship would be moved more by what the old authors called "animal passions" than true religious affections? This question is asked in Pike and Hayward's Cases of Conscience, 1755, quest. 1. How shall we distinguish between the workings of natural affection, and the real exercise of grace in religious worship? I would say minimally we must attempt to keep our worship pure to avoid natural affections only.

Sermon3/1/10 7:45 PM
Romans, #46
Greg Nichols
“ Solid Exegesis ”
Today I heard messages 44-46. This represents Bible exposition at its best. There is a great combination here, (1)experience since Pastor Nichols has taught Romans 1-8 a few times, (2)passion, (3)accuracy - especially when there is a lot of muddle headed thinking on who is the man in Romans 7:14-25 from D M Lloyd-Jones to Robert Reymond - appendix Syst. Theology, and others, it not only is edifying to hear the text opened up correctly,(4)it is pastoral because we live in these verses until- as Gurnall wrote - 1662, the flesh and the armor go off the stage together.

Sermon2/21/10 4:19 PM
sue b from sh, mi  Contact via emailFind all comments by sue b
Romans, #46
Greg Nichols
Providence prohibited me from being there for part 3 like I had planned. I appreciated this sermon as well. I look forward to when the 3rd is posted. Wish I could be there right now.

Sermon2/21/10 4:16 PM
sue b from sh, mi  Contact via emailFind all comments by sue b
Romans, #45
Greg Nichols
I really appreciated this sermon. Thank you, PN. It was such a healing grace to have been there recently.

Sermon2/20/10 6:49 PM
Sean McDonald from Philadelphia, NY  Find all comments by Sean McDonald
“ Outstanding Sermon! ”
This is the best single sermon I have ever heard on the regulative principle of worship. Pastor Jeff demonstrates that God regulates the worship of the church in a way different from the rest of life; and then proceeds to answer the question of whether the principle still applies under the New Testament. Every example is plain, clear, and forceful. He concludes by explaining that, if we believe that we don't bring anything of our own to God in salvation (Calvinism), we can't expect that we bring anything of our own to Him in His worship. May God be truly glorified through a revival of this principle, and of His pure worship, offered only according to His Word.

Sermon10/6/09 8:37 PM
Thomas Sullivan from Jenison, MI  Find all comments by Thomas Sullivan
Romans #40
Greg Nichols
After having someone leave our church recently because he had embraced N.C.T. teaching, this sermon was so excellent. Pastor Nichols has been very helpful in this exposition to show how each mention of the moral law is supported by its context. That alone made me want to hear it twice today, but the delivery itself is Pastor Nichols at his best. I love this kind of preaching! TMS

Sermon10/6/09 8:20 PM
Mike Waters from North Canton, Ohio  Protected NameFind all comments by Mike Waters
Worship #12
Pastor Jeff Johnson
“ A must hear ”
This sermon is a must hear for all Reformed Baptists. The law upon our hearts is as important as forgiveness of sin and knowing God. We must never give this point up. It is as important as the other two. This is Reformed theology. This is historic Calvinism. This is essential to NC worship. May God bless you dear brother. Never, never, grow tired of preaching the old gospel. A gospel that saves from sis. A gospel that establishes the law. This is my gospel. This is the historic gospel. This is the true gospel. This is the only gospl. Mike Waters

Sermon6/29/09 9:00 PM
Paul Vincent from Toledo, OH  Find all comments by Paul Vincent
Worship #11
Pastor Jeff Johnson
one of the best sermons on worship i've heard in a long time. the church at large could use a good dose of this Biblical truth

Sermon3/1/09 5:05 AM
melba o. dizon from Philippines  Contact via emailFind all comments by melba o. dizon
“ A Word in season ”
Dear Pastor Greg, My kids and I were blessed with your sermon. It was timely that I was on my sickbed recovering from chicken pox. It was indeed a great time to ponder how good and generous our Father is. Praise Him! Melba MCBC member

Sermon1/7/09 12:03 PM
DJC49 from Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
“ One ... POWERFUL ... Sermon! ”
Young people: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE listen to this sermon! I implore you. I BEG you ... it will clear up a LOT of your erroneous thinking about Christian liberty, the deceitfulness of sin, and the POWER that you already possess (if you are in Christ) to live the life and BE the person who God created you to be! I only wished that I had heard a sermon like this when I was still in my teenage years. It might well have saved me a LOT of tears, suffering, and loss. So do yourself a H U G E favor by listening to this wonderful, enlightening, powerful sermon by a form RC who is now a blessed brother in the Lord. And don't just hear it with your ears, but with your understanding. Praise be to God and His delightful Son, Jesus!

Sermon10/28/08 2:14 AM
Mike Nichols from Mount Pleasant, MI  Find all comments by Mike Nichols
Ecclesiology for Dummies
Greg Nichols
comments
“ Historical Reformed Baptist Sermon! ”
I love my dad for preaching this message. Growing up in the Reformed Baptist circle, I saw a lot of legalism done in the name of holiness. Ending a sermon by exposing the 10 Commandments of Reformed Baptist Worship takes guts, and is the right way to tackle stupid and unbiblical man made rules, which in and of themselves are a form of another gospel. I think every Reformed Baptist church should humbly address the 10 Commandments of Reformed Baptists addressed here, and honestly search their hearts to see if they have stumbled into this trap. Thanks, Dad, for being a pastor with a backbone. There aren't a lot of those out there, these days. Love you. --------------

Sermon10/27/08 2:11 AM
David Malone from Heathenland, KY  Contact via emailFind all comments by David Malone
Ecclesiology for Dummies
Greg Nichols
comments
Pastor Greg. Great, great stuff in here. Loved the 10 unwritten commandments. You are dead on. Break out the drums (kidding). Seriously this is great for all of us. Thank you, thank you.

Jump to Page : 1 [2] 3

Paul Mahan
Divide The Child

Solomon & the 2 Harlots
Central Grace Church

Dr. James M. Phillips
The Last Shall be First

Matthew From the Greek Text
Discover The Word With Dr...

Kevin Swanson