Topical Survey of Romans Cornerstone Bible Church...
Play! | MP3
PowerClips is an exclusive feature which enables you to convert a selected clip from one of your sermons into an animated video creatively styled with strong, visual elements in bold typography. (Click left for an example).
Thesis: In validating and vindicating the one true
gospel to the Romans, Paul continues his defense by
using Abraham's faith as the prime example the grace
1. PREMISE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (v. 13-14)
* Not a mixture of law and faith
* If Promise by law, then promise will be
nullified - no one can keep it.
2. RIGHTEOUSNESS BY FAITH (v. 15-16)
* law can only bring wrath
* Abraham received Promise before law
* by his faith he gained Promise
3. PARADIGM OF FAITH (v. 18-21)
* Not mere intellectualism, involves putting
tangible trust/faith in God - i.e. you
"trust" railing when you lean on it.
* conviction of certainty of things not seen -
not desperate unfounded hope
* encouraged by promise vs blessing - assurety
of promise despite circumstances
4. RESULT OF FAITH (v. 22-25)
* convicted faith = credited righteousness
* anyone with like faith is saved - receives
CONCLUSION: Don't seek validation outside of gospel;
be justified by believing God's promise through His
Son; and sin is fought through understanding our
acceptance through grace - fight from view of being
already victorious, not to gain it