We Preach Christ and Him Crucified - 1 Corinthians 1:23
For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake. 1st Thessalonians 1:5
Wisdom from the Proverbs:
Proverbs 3:9-10 "Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: so Shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine."
Gems from Stephen Charnock
1) God does not govern the world only by His will as an absolute monarch—but by His wisdom and goodness as a tender father. It is not His greatest pleasure to show His sovereign power, or His inconceivable wisdom—but His immense goodness, to which He makes the other attributes subservient.
2) Let us look upon a crucified Christ, as the remedy of all our miseries. His cross has procured a crown—and His passion has expiated our transgressions. His death has disarmed the law—and His blood has washed a believer's soul. His death is the destruction of our enemies, the spring of our happiness, and the eternal testimony of divine love!
Christ Is Precious
“Unto you therefore which believe he is precious” (1 Peter 2:7)
It is impossible for those who believe in Christ to fully express the preciousness of Him to them.
1) He is precious to every believer because He is their life. “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life” (1 John 5:12).
2) He is precious to every believer because He is their clothing. The best robe that the Father gives or imputes to every son that He receives is the righteousness of Christ. It is the robe of His spinning by His perfect obedience and sacrifice.
3) He is precious to every believer because He is their food. Just as the Israel of old feasted on the Paschal Lamb, so God’s spiritual Israel feasts on the Lamb of God. We continually feast upon his flesh and drink His blood; we continually look to His one sacrifice that atones for all the sins of His elect.
4) He is precious to every believer for He is our hiding place. In the storms of life we say with the psalmist: “Yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be over past” (Psalm 57:2).
Gems from Rupert Rivenbark
1) In order for us to receive anything, God has to perform a spiritual work of salvation in our souls.
2) Trying to get some man to understand anything in this bible is something NO man can accomplish, unless God go before him and cause him to understand, listen and trust.
3) Everything in heaven for us is by and through and because of Jesus Christ the Lord.
4) Salvation is by Divine Choice, He elected us and He sent His Son to redeem his people.
5) Regarding Irresistible Grace: If God Calls you, 40 mules could not keep you from coming even if you were tied to them. God does as He pleases!
6) If the Lord opens the door, the only people going through it are the sheep.
7) There’s NO uncertainty with God.
8) Whatever this book is saying; it is the Truth!
9) Because God does not change, the Son cannot change and the Holy Spirit will not change therefore we will make it unto the end.
We Preach Christ and Him Crucified - 1 Corinthians 1:23 Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare. Psalm 75:1 Wisdom from the Proverbs: Trust in the Lord...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
We Preach Christ and Him Crucified - 1 Corinthians 1:23____________________________________________ The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. Psalm 19:7...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
We Preach Christ and Him Crucified - 1 Corinthians 1:23 ____________________________________________ The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Psalm 24:1...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Bulletin for September 20th, 2020 _______________________________________________ We Preach Christ and Him Crucified - 1 Corinthians 1:23 _______________________________________________ Bulletin Scripture: James 5:16 Confess your faults...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
September 6th 2020 Bulletin Bulletin Scripture: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7 Words of Wisdom from the Proverbs Proverbs 1:1-4 The proverbs of Solomon the son of...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
August 23rd, 2020 Bulletin Bulletin Scripture: Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. Amazing Love! The seed of...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Psalm 105:1 “O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.”*****All the whole volume of perfections!“Whom do I have in Heaven but You? And I desire nothing on earth but You. My flesh and...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Psalm 3:8“Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: Thy blessing is upon Thy people. Selah.” ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Jesus Christ is a Threefold King:First, His enemies’ King; Secondly, His saints’ King; Thirdly, His Father’s...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
1 Thessalonians 5:9 “For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ”/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*Jesus Christ Shall Not Fail!Isaiah 42:4 “He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till He have...[ abbreviated | read entire ]