Indian Hills Community Church | SermonAudio

MyChurch: soundwords | Set
MyChurch Code#: 06247
“Great Sermon!”
Charlene Fountain from North Central AR
Gil Rugh | Survey of 2 Kings

Sermon4/18/19 11:39 AM
Jennifer Mason from Memphis  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jennifer Mason
I thoroughly agree with you Dr. Rugh, Babylon is Babylon. Peter had no reason to fall into deception in order to throw the Roman government off, Peter understood the price he had to pay in order to follow the Lord. Besides all that, on the day of Pentecost, there were Jews who were dwellers of Mesopotamia, (I believe is, Babylon) who were born who heard the believers speaking in their own tongues. Acts 2:9. What a vast difference from the Tower of Babel incident!

Sermon3/20/19 11:39 AM
Thank you so much Minister Rugh, your explanation concerning Revelation 17 is unmatchable. I’ve listened and studied with many, but somehow when you’d explain about verses 8-12 of chapter 17, the Holy Spirit opened up my understanding. God bless you brother and may he continue to crown your head with much wisdom in His Word.

Sermon3/17/19 8:46 AM
Minister Rugh I thank God for your wonderful word of wisdom and knowledge in His Word. I wish I’d found your ministry long ago, especially since we are living in apostate times where the Word Of God is scarce.

Sermon2/10/19 11:39 PM
Peter from Spain  Contact via emailFind all comments by Peter
“ Re interpretation?? Good message but a little misleading brother ”
Amillenianism does not teach that the NT re interprets the OT they believe that the NT interprets the OT in the light of Christ s coming they are able to interpret the OT in the light of the revelation that Christ brought, they dont teach that the church and Israel are one and the same but that all believers are one people of God, and as for the deception of the pre trib rapture, anyone who knows the bile cannot interpret all of it either one way or another, the bible is different types of literature and each type has to be interpreted in a different way, you are not presenting the 3 different interpretations in a fair way, you inject your opinion immediately “i disagree strongly with this view”you add, why not present the 3views and encourage listeners to go study for themselves? Incidentally the word “thousand” is not only found in Revelation 20, it is used several times throughout the bible and ALWAYS is used in a non literal way,

Sermon6/9/18 3:27 AM
Michael from California  Find all comments by Michael

Sermon2/5/18 8:25 AM
Life On the New Earth
Gil Rugh
“ Problems. ”
How can people with glorified bodies begat children who are sinful and with physical bodies? This cannot be found in the Bible. When we will have glorified bodies we will no marry anymore, says the Bible. There is no teaching in the Bible to say that people with glorified bodies will live along with people with people with unglorified bodies. This is to read into the Scriptures what it does not say. This is human invention put in an invented scheme and Scriptures are forced to be read through this invented scheme.

Sermon9/3/16 10:13 AM
Charlene Fountain from North Central AR  Find all comments by Charlene Fountain
Pastor Rugh, A special thank you to you and to your church for providing your messages. This is a wonderful message for everyone to hear. It is special guidance for those of us who are born again believers.

Sermon8/4/16 11:22 AM
Wayfarer Pilgrim from Lubbock,tx  Find all comments by Wayfarer Pilgrim
Thank you, Dr.Rugh, The development of holiness, or the revulsion of our own indwelling sin, is a war we were enlisted when we were saved. Setting aside the bible as our guide, no longer praying always in the spirit has developed an creature that shrugs their shoulders and accepts their sin as who God made is an anathema. Good bless

Sermon6/22/16 12:36 PM
Hank, Deerfied Beach from Florida  Find all comments by Hank, Deerfied Beach
“ Outstanding Sermon! ”
This Doctrine of Sovereignty is one that is difficult to understand, but Brother Gil does a great job explaining it and making it a part of our salvation. As he mentions, we will look upon our God and be bewildered and blessed that He choose us as one of His own -- we as undeserved yet greatly thankful.

Sermon6/16/16 6:50 PM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Even without a sermon, these verses are self-explanatory. So, I decided why not just put them up and you can look at them while listening to the sermon ? ¶ 1 Corinthians 5:6-13 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. Purge the evil person from among you.---ESV

Sermon5/18/16 1:00 PM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
comments
“ What Is Fair Provision? ”
I never knew what Dr. Rugh, made for a salary all the decades I went to IHCC. I never saw it published in the church newsletter. Of course I should have asked one of the elders looking back at the time I was a member, and see what the response would have been. It's no concern of mine anymore and but just for the members of Dr. Rugh's church. But, this sermon should bring to mind --is my pastor being paid too little or too much? ¶"When I began my ministry as pastor at Bethlehem, it had never entered my mind that I would produce a lot of income by writing. I received modest honorariums of one or two hundred dollars for weddings and funerals. I accepted these with thanks. I did suspect that, if I was faithful, income would rise, and sooner or later I would make more than I needed. Therefore, I believed from the beginning that plans should be in place to put a governor on laying up treasures on earth. Otherwise, little by little I might assume that my wants were my needs, and the expenses would expand, as they always do, to fill the income. So Noël and I put in place a “graduated tithe” from the beginning. That is, we tried to give a greater percentage with each salary increase, not just a greater amount."---Pastor John Piper http://tinyurl.com/z5uva32

Sermon5/14/16 2:08 PM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
comments
“ Who to honor? Good Elders for One Thing! Listen! ”
This is a sermon that should have been pointed out years ago. Elders who are nothing but, ¶ 2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.---ESV ¶ Elders that are to be honored are those who work to the point of exhaustion. It is a right of an elder to be paid, though a right that Paul didn't demand in every situation. ¶ 1 Timothy 5:18 For the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain," and, "The laborer deserves his wages."---ESV ¶ The membership should know what your pastor/elder is getting in pay, to make sure he's getting proper compensation. A church can't proceed against a member of a church, which includes elders, without 2 or 3 witnesses. ¶ 1 Timothy 5:20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear---ESV ¶ The refusal to stop sinning means a rebuke before all. Some leaders go through all sorts of contortions so a person doesn't come before the congregation to be shamed. The thrill of sin is removed by being exposed to the Church. Sentimentalism and partiality have no place here. This is a very good sermon to listen to!

Sermon5/14/16 1:13 PM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
“ Where is a Timothy? ”
I read the PDF file that was associated with this sermon. Particularly, I looked at the church constitution. I have not seen any protection of the laity from elders who are behaving un-Godly! I heard nothing in this sermon that addressed this problem. ¶ I heard, the verses before the ones I give. This is okay, but no answer to the following verses. ¡ ¶ 1 Timothy 5:19 Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 20 As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear. 21 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus and of the elect angels I charge you to keep these rules without prejudging, doing nothing from partiality. 22 Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, nor take part in the sins of others; keep yourself pure.---ESV ¶ ! So, the sermon is mostly okay in my opinion. However, there are those who might be curious where is a Timothy to correct a leadership of a church. Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Churches have no mechanism to correct faulty leadership. So, there is no alternative, one has to leave a church if a leadership goes bad. So, this is an interesting sermon, I agree with Dr. Rugh, don't go to a church that doesn't follow Scripture!

Sermon4/30/16 2:15 PM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
“ Never too many sermons on Elders! ”
I have not listened to a sermon of Dr. Rugh for a while, and since elders have always been a hot topic on SermonAudio, I thought I would give this sermon a listen, since the number of verses isn't that many, so I put up them here: ¶ 1 Peter 5:1 So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a partaker in the glory that is going to be revealed: 2 shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; 3 not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock. --- ESV. The Jamieson, Fausset, and Browns' commentary also related this verse to 1 Peter 5:2, ¶ Titus 1:7 For an overseer, as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain,---ESV ¶ You should have these verses before you as you listen to the sermon. ¶ Dr. Rugh, didn't directly get into some of the topics on elders such as a leadership that treats a church as a cash cow for them, but yet in a way he did, he looked at Ezekiel 34:1-10+ these verses are applicable to church leadership as Dr. Rugh pointed out. So, give the sermon a listen. It's educational.

Sermon12/1/15 3:36 PM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
“ Online Bible Verses for the Sermon ”
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+2%2CDaniel+7%2CDaniel+9%2CMatthew+24%3A15-25&version=NASB ¶ This is the URL for the Bible verses used in the sermon. This way, while listening to the sermon you can just paste (Oh, and often have to fix by removing extra line-feeds that may or may not be there! :-( ) these into your browser. This is from the Biblegateway site which already have these books and verses in one place. Hopefully this will make it much easier for you, especially if you don't have the NASB version, which all of the sermon is based upon.

Sermon10/31/15 8:52 AM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
“ God tabernacles with His people ”
http://scrolls4all.org/feasts/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/03/81_2_001.jpg Material that the foundations stones were made of, for the New Jerusalem http://www.bible-architecture.info/Jerusalem.htm Jerusalem and its temples¶ http://www.biblenews1.com/peace/pictures/hjerusalemdimen.gif The size of the New Jerusalem ¶ This is an unofficial brief ¶ Note this sermon had slides which the pictures aren't available. I have included the URL for pictures that are not from the IHCC site but still help you visualize some of the things that were talked about in the sermon. Also note that URLs in comments to sermons may have to be reformatted to work! ¶ God tells us many exciting things about the future and one of the most exciting things is what God says about our future. We will be received in glory. You have to know the beginning and the ending of the Bible to understand both the beginning and end. Pain suffering, hardship and death ends are told about the Book of Revelation. What was marred and broken of earth is restored. God will be among his people. ¶ A verbal description is given of the New Jerusalem. The glorified saints will live in the New Jerusalem. This city is a 1500 mile cube. There is no temple in the city because God is present there.

Sermon10/29/15 1:34 AM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
comments
“ Abraham, then Isaac, then... ”
Genesis 17:18 Abraham said to God, “Oh that Ishmael might live before you!” 19 God said, “No, but Sarah, your wife, will bear you a son. You shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his seed after him. 20 As for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He will become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But my covenant I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this set time next year.” ¶ I would suggest, Liberty, you look at at the above verses, should be an answer to your question. ¶ Like everyone Abram or as he was called later Abraham had Noah as his father like everyone on earth has him as his father. ¶ Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary for Genesis 10:5---" the isles of the Gentiles—a phrase by which the Hebrews described all countries which were accessible by sea (Isa 11:11,20:6,Jer 25:22). Such in relation to them were the countries of Europe, the peninsula of Lesser Asia, and the region lying on the east of the Euxine. Accordingly, it was in these quarters the early descendants of Japheth had their settlements."

Sermon10/29/15 1:21 AM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
comments
“ Abraham, then Isaac, then... ”
Genesis 17:18 Abraham said to God, “Oh that Ishmael might live before you!” 19 God said, “No, but Sarah, your wife, will bear you a son. You shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his seed after him. 20 As for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He will become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But my covenant I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this set time next year.” ¶ I would suggest, Liberty, you look at those verses, should be an answer to your question.

Sermon10/27/15 11:22 AM
Liberty from Non Traditionalist  Find all comments by Liberty
comments
Can anyone explain Genesis 10:5 - "By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands, every one after his tongue, after their families, and their nations.?" We see that Enoch walked with God and Noah was righteous. So when was the nation of Jews, or Israelites, formed? Where were they before Genesis 10:5. Where is their root? It seems that there was only one nation in the beginning until God divided man.

Sermon10/16/15 10:17 AM
Jim Lincoln from Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
“ Imprisonment--part of God's plan ”
Unofficial brief ¶ Read about the Herods, to see what Christians were up against. They reigned for 100 years from the birth of Christ through Paul's arrest. We need to see the hand of God through all those "normal" events. Paul was in one form of imprisonment for five years, which afterwards he is released. This imprisonment is reported through the chapter 25 through the end of the Book of Acts. ¶ Ac 25:1 The Jews accuse Paul before Festus. Ac 25:8 He answers for himself, Ac 25:11 and appeals unto Caesar. Ac 25:14 Afterwards Festus opens his matter to king Agrippa; Ac 25:23 and he is brought forth. Ac 25:25 Festus clears him of having done any thing worthy of death. ¶ There's a spiritual war going on, The devil, a liar, the father of lies, is slandering Paul. God uses the acts of the followers of the devil, when they get Paul imprisoned, this is part of God's plan. ¶ Matthew 5:10 Blessed are those who have been persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. 11 "Blessed are you when people reproach you, persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven. For that is how they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Pastor Bill Weaver
But Jesus

Sun PM Messages
Auburn Baptist Church

Kevin Swanson
The Joker - Movie Review

Is this a Comedy or Tragedy?
Generations Radio