First Reformed Church | SermonAudio

MyChurch: reformedyubacity | Set
MyChurch Code#: 73837
“Thankyou”
DC from UK
Sam Powell | The Epistles of John

Sermon2/1/19 11:55 AM
Sam Powell from Yuba City, California  Protected NameFind all comments by Sam Powell
Confidence in Prayer
comments
I am so happy that the sermons are a blessing to you! Thank you for your encouragement.

Sermon2/1/19 5:47 AM
DC from UK  Find all comments by DC
Confidence in Prayer
Sam Powell
comments
“ Thankyou ”
This sermon has really helped me gain insight into God's will, this point of being in His will or knowing His will has never been clear to me. The grace and love of our beautiful Saviour is heard throughout this message,I truly thankyou so much Pastor Sam Powell for this, at a time of immense challenge in my life, I listen to your messages here each week and am being strengthened and encouraged. God bless you in everything.

Sermon10/23/18 6:35 PM
DC from UK  Find all comments by DC
Who Am I?
“ Thankyou ”
Dear Pastor Sam Powell, the love of Christ shared in your messages has been life changing for me at a time of intense difficulty and trauma. I love the Lord Jesus and am finding through your messages online a great source of strength, inner joy and of course challenge, yet with grace and clarity so I'm able to receive. Thank you. I pray God will continue to bless you and all connected to you in your service to Him.

Sermon7/22/18 1:42 PM
A Canadian. from Canada.  Find all comments by A Canadian.
David's Rise and Fall
Sam Powell
Many insightful points. Thank you, I enjoyed this.

Sermon6/11/18 11:20 PM
Alex from Yuba City  Contact via emailFind all comments by Alex
God's Answer to Elijah
Sam Powell
“ The LORD is the God of The Remnant ”
1 Kings 19:18. The LORD knows and keeps those who are his (7000) . They did not worship Baal.

Sermon3/25/17 11:38 AM
MB from WA  Find all comments by MB
Murder with the Tongue
So amazingly healing. Thank you

Sermon2/19/17 8:03 PM
Suzanne Vogel from East coast  Contact via emailFind all comments by Suzanne Vogel
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
This sermon was suggested to listen to by 'ACry For Justice'. Thank you. This sermon encouraged me and gave me great hope, as I have been recently just learning how to overcome the mental oppression an abusive marriage of 35 years and still presently in has isolated me. I have never heard a teaching like this before. I have quietly pulled away from church as it fed the abuse even more, and the kind folks from 'A Cry of Justice', made me aware that I was not alone, and many of us who are abused were led to a safe place to go on Sunday, even if it's only through my I-Pad. Thank-you. I look forward to listening to more.

Sermon1/4/17 11:00 AM
Angela Wittman from Southern Illinois, USA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Angela Wittman
Dealing With Abusive Men
Sam Powell
comments
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
I sincerely pray and beg those in church leadership to listen to this sermon, as well those in the congregation. Thank you.

Sermon12/29/16 11:05 PM
Barbara Roberts from Melbourne, Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Barbara Roberts
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
I co-lead A Cry For Justice with Ps Jeff Crippen cryingoutforjustice.com Jeff and I consider Ps Sam Powell a true friend and colleague who is speaking the truth about abuse and advocating for the victims of abuse. Jeff Crippen's sermons are here: http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_detail.asp?sourceid=crc Jeff has a 21 sermon series on Domestic Abuse: http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?sourceOnly=true&currSection=sermonssource&keyword=crc&subsetcat=series&subsetitem=Domestic+Violence+and+Abuse And my book "Not Under Bondage: Biblical Divorce for Abuse, Adultery and Desertion" shows that the Bible DOES allow divorce for domestic abuse. Find it at any book retailer, or get it from notunderbondage.com

Sermon12/9/16 3:46 AM
Daughter from UK  Find all comments by Daughter
Wisdom in Wicked Times
Sam Powell
“ it isn't just baking a cake, but a celebration ”
The bible doesn't say not to bake a cake? Of course not. It's not just about baking a regular cake. Why participate in what God calls an abomination? In Jeremiah 7v18 The women baked cakes also, but for the queen of heaven. It's what is being celebrated that's wrong.

Sermon12/6/16 1:44 PM
Mrsb from Canada  Find all comments by Mrsb
comments
Yes, once a person is saved there is no where to call home on earth. The desire is constantly to be with christ and to leave everything here. To live for Christ ( or at least to try) is to be a weirdo to everyone else ever after, but seperation is the call. Like Christ's experience, it is a lonely path. Elisabeth Elliot has written an excellent book about this experience in her own life.

Sermon12/6/16 1:39 PM
Mrsb from Canada  Find all comments by Mrsb
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
This is very good. I do not have a husband like this at all but i was a counsellor in a women shelter years ago. I still have a very great burden for abused children and am very obsessed with praying for them. I read constantly, as reflected in the comments, that churches rarely believe or support the women. Pastor jeff crippen also ministeres almost exclusively to this issue and may be a resource on how to get help if people need it. These men do not stop, are not repentant, no matter how much they say it.

Sermon7/20/16 2:16 PM
Becky from Canada  Find all comments by Becky
“ Blessed. ”
ALL of God's Word is precious but I have always felt drawn to the Book of Ruth. Thank you Pastor Powell for this series and reminding us of the Lord's wonderful love for His remnant. These sermons and others by like-minded pastors nurture the hurting souls more than you can imagine. Many of us are without sound Christ honouring fellowships. I pray your congregation not take their assembling together for granted. Blessings, IN CHRIST and "healingInHim".

Sermon4/27/16 5:25 PM
Becky from Canada  Find all comments by Becky
“ Do Not Forsake the Oppressed! ”
Rev Powell is amongst the very few within the church which pointedly shares the uncomfortable portions of Scripture for what it is. He confronts us with not turning away from helping the vulnerable. To not betray ourselves by desiring the status of "Christian" as opposed to living it out as Moses did ... not seeking to remain within the pleasures of Egypt.

Sermon3/21/16 3:58 PM
Vanessa from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Vanessa
Dealing With Abusive Men
Sam Powell
comments
“ Thank you! ”
Thank you for this sermon. I've been struggling for understanding in this area in particular.I Thank GOD for answering my prayer and leading me to this site. I'm so grateful that there are others who understand. This site is a Blessing!

Sermon3/11/16 4:55 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
comments
“ Significant truths ”

Sermon3/11/16 2:34 PM
Lottie from Ohio  Find all comments by Lottie
comments
Thank you for reminding me, in so many words, that while I'm observing the wicked person and shaking my head, to remember how UNLIKE the Lord I really am.

Sermon2/14/16 7:57 AM
Becky-Sue from Canada  Find all comments by Becky-Sue
comments
“ Do Not Fear - Trust God ”
This message was very timely for me as I ponder the future. The fear of the unknown? Thank you Rev Powell for this exhortation from God's Word and I pray others will be blessed as well. All messages for AM, PM and Sunday School messages offer food for those who are willing to hear and receive The Truth.

Sermon9/12/15 11:03 PM
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida  Find all comments by H Hudson
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
This is an excellent exposition of the many forms of false prophets and their teachings.

Sermon7/4/14 11:08 PM
Pamela from San Diego  Contact via emailFind all comments by Pamela
Dealing With Abusive Men
comments
"Blessed Sermon!" Thank you Pastor Powell. You understand. According to my extensive Bible studies as of late, and the opinions of many evangelists, your sermon is....relieving to my heart. I love my Lord Jesus Christ with all of my heart and have been so conflicted while trying to heal from abuse. I wish your church was nearby. I would feel protected and loved as one of your flock. I need a church but as a divorcing and abused woman, I worry about more condemnation added to what I escaped. God Bless You!

Jump to Page : [1] 2