Old Paths Strict Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

Old Paths Strict Baptist Church
Pastor Michael Pickett  |  Choteau, Montana

Sermon1/13/18 2:12 PM
June A. Nadolny from Holland, Ohio  Find all comments by June A. Nadolny
God Is Faithful
Pastor Michael Pickett
comments
“ An encouraging word for the Lord's people . . ”
- continued - How good it is to know the “comfort of the scriptures” ( Rom.15:4), especially when we are passing through deep waters. “Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:” (Psalm 146:5 ) Pastor Pickett . . your ministry is the means through which God has been pleased to instruct, bless, strengthen, and encourage me in my walk with the Lord. "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding." (Jer. 3:15) May God's hand be ever upon you for good.

Sermon1/13/18 2:01 PM
June A. Nadolny from Holland, Ohio  Find all comments by June A. Nadolny
God Is Faithful
Pastor Michael Pickett
comments
“ An encouraging word for the Lord's people . . ”
It is true . . “ . . . God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” This is a promise of God that I have proved by blessed experience in recent troublous times, as well as in the past to be true. All too often I have spent valuable time fretting about the matter to no avail, but when I sought the Lord's face in prayer, and cast my burden on Him, I knew for myself the peace that passeth all understanding. ( Phil. 4:6; Ps. 55:2) In times of weakness, trouble and distress when I felt as though there was no way out, when I felt the situtation to be hopeless, when with the psalmist I was overwhelmed in my heart, ( Ps. 61:2 ) when I called upon the Lord, when I cast my burden on Him, then He graciously came to my aid and delivered me out of my distresses.(Ps. 107) How often the Lord has allayed my anxieties and silenced my fears with those gracious words “Peace, be still” (Mark 4:39) and I too felt that “great calm” that came over the sea and wind at the command of the Lord. - continued -

Sermon12/24/17 6:28 PM
June A. Nadolny from Holland, Ohio  Find all comments by June A. Nadolny
Sins Passed Away
Pastor Michael Pickett
comments
“ A most comforting sermon ”
- continued . . I would add . . What a blessing to be “chosen in Him” (Eph. 1:4) What a comfort and how reassuring it is to have Christ for my Advocate; and to know Christ my great High Priest prays for me and intercedes on my behalf. (John 17:9; Heb. 7:25) I borrow the words from the hymn that I often consider so aptly titled: Jesus . . What a friend for Sinners" Jesus! what a strength in weakness! Let me hide myself in him; Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing, He, my strength, my vict'ry wins.

Sermon12/24/17 3:53 PM
June A. Nadolny from Holland, Ohio  Find all comments by June A. Nadolny
Sins Passed Away
Pastor Michael Pickett
comments
“ A most comforting sermon ”
Those who say the OT is irrelevant are poor misguided souls. Our Lord himself instructed his followers that the prophets of old spoke of Him (Luke 24:27) as did the Apostle Peter (1 Peter 1:10-11) In my own experience, I have found it truly a blessing to see for myself by searching the Scriptures how the OT prophecies find their fulfillment in the New. What a wonderful prophecy of Christ as our Advocate is found in this OT text. How good it is to have the Lord on our side to rebuke Satan . . the accuser of the brethren . . when we are under his fierce attacks. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" What a comfort it is to know that my sins which testify against me are all forgiven in Christ, and that he has taken away my filthy garments. Isaiah 61:10 "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." Thank you Pastor Pickett for drawing out from this OT text the glorious gospel truths that are to be

Sermon12/15/17 1:19 PM
June A. Nadolny from Holland, Ohio  Find all comments by June A. Nadolny
God in the Midst
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ A most uplifting sermon ”
What comforting words are found in this text. How wonderfully Christ has fulfilled this prophecy and is set before us as a loving and caring husband, to whom His people are betrothed forever. (Hos. 2:19-20) Thank you Pastor Pickett for carefully expounding this beautiful passage of Scripture to my soul through which I was blessed, strengthened and encouraged. It was a most gracious word in season (Is. 50:4) to this weary pilgrim that revived my spirit and rekindled my love for my dear Saviour and Lord. How good it is to know that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the midst of His people and to sense his nearness to us in a very personal way. And as you so well said, knowing that He rejoices in us should give rise to us ever rejoicing in Him.

Sermon6/25/17 2:29 PM
Yolanda from AZ  Find all comments by Yolanda
Who Is On The Lord's Side
Pastor Michael Pickett
What an absolutely refreshing sermon that turns the affections heavenward.

Sermon2/27/17 7:04 PM
Ralph & June Nadolny from Holland, OH  Find all comments by Ralph & June Nadolny
I Will Feed My Flock
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ A warning to the hirelings . . . ”
How solemn is the word of God spoken against those shepherds who fail to feed the flock, those who are living sumptuously at the expense of their flock whom they shamefully fleece. They are the hirelings (John 10:12-13) which our Lord warned us about who feed them with feigned words and cunning speech leaving them mal-nourished and weak. Praise God for protecting his people from these ravening wolves, and for those few faithful shepherds who are not lords but ensamples, who feed the flock of God with the wholesome words and sound doctrine of the gospel and diligently watch over the souls of those whom the Good Shepherd has entrusted in their care. Pastor Pickett is one such shepherd. He will surely receive the Lord's commendation . . “well done thou good and faithful servant.” How blessed we are to be amongst the sheep of the Lord's own hand (Ps. 95:7) and under the care of a faithful under-shepherd whom the Lord himself called to this great work. How blessed we are to sit under Pastor Pickett's ministry through which our souls are nourished with gospel truth . . the truth as it is in Jesus, where no man goes away hungry. (Matt. 5:6) “And I will give you pastors according to mine own heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding." - Jer. 3:15

Sermon11/19/15 10:29 PM
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida  Find all comments by H Hudson
Well to find Rest
Pastor Michael Pickett
comments
“ Beautiful Sermon! ”
There is tremendous passion that comes out of this sermon that will be a blessing and strengthening for the True Christian, saved by Grace. Ruth speaks to us so deeply that we love her Naomi like our own family.

Sermon11/19/15 9:26 PM
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida  Find all comments by H Hudson
The Son Makes Us Free
Pastor Michael Pickett
Very peace giving sermon. Our relationship with Jesus Christ is filled with peace and tranquility and strength, we just have to call on Him.

Sermon10/1/15 5:44 PM
John Steele from Yorkshire - England  Find all comments by John Steele
The Snare is Broken
comments
Through many dangers, toils and snares. Thankyou Jesus for your deliverance!

Sermon1/28/15 2:49 AM
maureen from wigan england  Contact via emailFind all comments by maureen
Our Times in Thy Hand
Pastor Michael Pickett
All scripture! Of which we get our comfort

Sermon9/22/14 1:47 PM
Nancy Collins from Ohio  Contact via emailFind all comments by Nancy Collins
Stand Fast
Pastor Michael Pickett
Great Sermon. This message is so true .

Sermon1/8/14 11:30 AM
Arthur and Kathleen Vick from Columbus, Ohio  Protected NameFind all comments by Arthur and Kathleen Vick
None Can Come
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ Thank you for this timely message! ”
Whatever prompts the soul to pride, Or gives us room to boast, Except in Jesus crucified, Is not the Holy Ghost. That blessed Spirit omits to speak Of what himself has done, And bids the enlightened sinner seek Salvation in the Son. He never moves a man to say, "Thank God, I'm made so good," But turns his eye another way, To Jesus and His blood. Great are the graces he confers, But all in Jesus' Name; He gladly dictates, gladly hears, "Salvation to the Lamb". J. Hart, Gadsby's Hymns 32

Sermon11/26/13 5:38 AM
maureen from wigan england  Contact via emailFind all comments by maureen
Face to Face
Pastor Michael Pickett
Very beneficial pastor Pickett was recommended to me by Andrew who went to kevin prices church at Kendal

Sermon7/5/13 10:54 AM
Faye from Atlanta, GA (USA)  Find all comments by Faye
In The Last Days
“ NOT TO LOSE HOPE !! ”
For those who are longing for The Lord's return, this is an encouraging word delivered through one of His faithful pastors.

Sermon3/9/13 9:54 AM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Not of Man's Will
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY !! ”
I was brought up in a Southern Baptist church. I knew nothing about Salvation by Grace Alone. While still a child, I did the "walk the aisle thing" to the singing of the hymn, Just As I Am. I was raised in a church that held Arminian Billy Graham in such high regard that what he believed and taught replaced the scriptures. By going forward at what was called “the invitation song” ("making a decision for Christ" as Graham would put it) and becoming a member of the church and being baptized, I believed that I was a saved person. I had believed a lie! No conversion had taken place. I was not converted until age 50 and it did not involve walking down a church aisle, church membership, nor baptism. My salvation was ALL of God’s wonderful grace! What an awful doctrine and belief is Arminianism because rather than man giving all the glory for their salvation to the living and true God, they carve out a slice of glory for themselves (Christ plus Man’s Choosing Him equals Salvation). It is a lie from hell. May The Holy Spirit continue to use Pastor Pickett to vehemently speak out against this heresy.

Sermon2/21/13 4:33 PM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Walking with God
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ GOD AND ENOCH IN AGREEMENT !! ”
What better society can be found than what Enoch had? I so much was blessed by this sermon that focuses on the man, Enoch, who was rapt in communion with God. Scripture (Amos 3:3) says, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" Enoch "walked with God" and God was pleased with him because he agreed with things as God sees them -- he loved righteousness and hated iniquity.

Sermon2/14/13 4:12 PM
Faye from Atlanta, GA  Find all comments by Faye
Trust in the Lord
Pastor Michael Pickett
“ TRUSTING GOD IS WISE !! ”
Though the crucifying of the flesh is very painful, it gets us to where we need to be in The Lord ... trusting in Him and living for Him rather than self. Indeed, it is my experience that God does honor His promise "I shall give thee the desires of thine heart" to those who delight themselves in Him. As pastor Pickett is careful to point out in this message, all those who are in Jesus Christ are to be about the business of seeking to know God's will through His Word that has been given unto them and to do it. God's Word does WARN -- "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" (Proverbs 14:12).

Sermon11/20/12 8:32 PM
Magdalene from Singapore  Find all comments by Magdalene
What Price for Our Soul
Pastor Michael Pickett
Thanks for a good encouraging message.. God bless your ministry.. Just a note re the Overview.. There is a typo error - the word "loose" should be "lose". God bless Mag

Sermon8/12/12 5:12 PM
Ricky Meadows from southeast US  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ricky Meadows
He cannot deny Himself
Pastor Michael Pickett
Thank you Pastor Michael for such a uplifting message from our Lords word.I use to live Chouteau and was employed at Skyline Lodge as maintenance man. I did attend the other Baptist church and was very grived at the other church I attended as my spirit wanted to obey and please God more than I was being taught. I have just returned to the states from a two year stint in England and I am praying about whether to return to Montana Choteau in particular. If I have your permission I will keep you informed as He leads me. Thank you and may God continue to bless your ministry.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4

A Careful and Balanced Summary
Generations Radio

Sermon: Correcting Spiritual Coldness
Dr. Peter Masters

Southampton, PA | zip
Southampton Primitive Baptist Church

Come Worship with Us - Curr­ent Sermon Ser­ies: Who is Jesus?
https: