Copperfield Bible Church | SermonAudio

Yvonne Duff from Mauritius
Daniel J. Phillips | 2 Timothy

Sermon10/23/19 6:11 AM
Martha Taylor from Texas  Find all comments by Martha  Taylor
Lord, Teach Us to Pray, Pt 1
Kevin McAteer
Can't understand the people who make comments. I miss a lot because of this . I know if I were present I would be able to get what is being said. But I listen on Sermon audio. This is not a complaint but just a fact.

Sermon9/9/18 4:29 PM
Nell from Houston  Find all comments by Nell
Very convicting. Preached from the Word through a pastor's heart. I found this very timely for a season of learning to make a commitment to a particular local church. If you love the Lord, if you love His Word, if you want to learn more how to love the lost and fellow sinners in the church, you must listen to this.. Jn 13:35

Sermon8/23/16 2:11 PM
Various from Ohio and California  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Various
Prophets in the Church
Daniel J. Phillips
This sermon really helped me understand what the Biblical meaning of prophet is and how I should be using the term! Thanks, Pastor Dan.

Sermon5/3/15 10:14 PM
Neo  Find all comments by Neo
Vital Truths About The Holy Spirit
Daniel J. Phillips
“ Helpful ”
Some very good teaching on the doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and handy when the wacky cultists come a' knockin, or when engaged in a discussion with your barking pentacostal friends. There are some serious misunderstandings that abound about the third member of the Trinity and Dan really helps explain clearly, from Scripture, the important role that the Holy Spirit plays in the life of a believer.

Sermon2/27/15 12:16 AM
Neo  Find all comments by Neo
Conference Q&A Session
Various Speakers
“ Very good answers ”
The questions that are addressed are informative and consistent with the theme of Scriptural sufficiency, and I generally love Q&A sessions like this one. I was interested to hear the answers regarding the necessity of seminary for pastors, as I've had the misfortune of being in a number of churches with very poorly-trained novices who felt they could pastor just because "they read a bunch of books" or some such silliness. While not a necessity, sure, a seminary education makes for a pastoral leader who is going to feed good, rich food to his congregation each week and not just teach as a lark, and I've been burned enough that if a pastor of a church hasn't gone to seminary I'm very reluctant to lead my family there to follow his leadership. One other thought: the "Titanic/book" question was a clever one, and actually made me chuckle.

Sermon2/26/15 10:17 AM
Neo  Find all comments by Neo
“ Fantastic ”
Dan is one of the finest teachers I know of, rich with his understanding of the languages of Scripture. This message about Scriptural sufficiency was excellent.

Sermon2/26/15 10:14 AM
Neo  Find all comments by Neo
“ Good stuff ”
Phil's teaching is always fantastic, and his message about the sufficience of Scripture was excellent. I'm a little puzzled by one thing though: in his message he said he quit blogging due to having nothing else to really tackle, but I thought he left blogging, according to his last post, due to health issues, his doctor having told him he was "burning the candle at both ends", so to speak. Which one was it? Just something I wonder.

Sermon2/23/15 12:17 AM
Neo from Texas  Find all comments by Neo
“ Good panel discussion ”
Some good material covered here in panel discussion about the sufficiency of Scripture in apologetics, and I think Phil's discussion about eh regulative principle was helpful as well. I do think Pastor Dan's response regarding headcoverings was a tad blithe and dodgy - having just listened recently to William Einwechter on the topic (his message on SermonAudio) I would have hoped for something a little more like that, but I suppose it was off-topic.... or maybe, like Christians smoking, or the issue of deliberate childlessness, I guess this just remains one of those taboo topics no one wants to seriously talk about. Easier to punt.

Sermon1/10/15 11:40 PM
Neo  Find all comments by Neo
“ Good ”
This was a very good message, and helpful. I wish I could have been part of the church and able to submit questions, as my question about election has been this: when the unbeliever who happens to be familiar with reformed theology stands before the judgment seat, what's to stop him from asking, fairly, "how is this just to be condemned for my sins if I was elected for this fate?"

Sermon12/24/14 7:30 AM
Michael A Coughlin from Ohio  Find all comments by Michael A Coughlin
"In Christ"
Daniel J. Phillips
“ To God be the Glory ”
This was really encouraging to me as a believer. I felt like I learned a lot and was put at rest in some ways by being exhorted to believe the scripture. But the depth of the meaning that you bring out is really excellent. May the Lamb receive the reward for taking a sinful son of Adam and causing him to preach such truth!

Sermon12/21/14 4:03 PM
Chaplain59 from Arkansas  Contact via emailFind all comments by Chaplain59
The 'But You' Factor
Daniel J. Phillips
Thanks Pastor Phillips for sharing this message. Needs to heard by the whole churc, especially here in the U.S.. And by me! Wish I had a written copy of it. Thanks for your faithfulness to the Word of God!

Sermon11/25/13 3:36 PM
laity  Find all comments by laity
comments
“ an observation ”
One thing impressive about this is that Dan came back to his flock and shared what he learned. I used to belong to a reformed Baptist church where the pastor, the other elder, and his cliquish friends in the church would go off to conferences like this, on the church budget, and it was little more than a theological vacation. As laity you'd never even know that they went, or who was there or what they learned, as they never bothered sharing (but it was no problem taking church funds to pay for the trip, the conferese, the lodging, etc.) Kudos to Dan for sharing and shepherding his flock with what he learned, as laity do like to know what elders learn from these type of conferences.

Sermon11/11/13 10:21 AM
Neo from Texas  Find all comments by Neo
comments
“ Good, but... ”
Good summary of the conference, but the listeners would be better served by listening to the actual messages from the conference, as this is just a summary of what the principal speakers talked about.

Sermon6/6/13 8:47 AM
janine elizabeth from louisiana  Contact via emailFind all comments by janine elizabeth
Spurgeon - The Security of Believers
Daniel J. Phillips
comments
This was great and what a wonderful, clever idea as to being in guest speakers of old, dear brothers who have gone before us, to "preach" during your break season. Thank you.

Sermon6/5/13 9:46 AM
Ken Wood from San Angelo  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ken Wood
Spurgeon - The Security of Believers
Daniel J. Phillips
comments
And Dan, you did o.k. too.

Sermon12/3/12 2:09 PM
Michael Coughlin from Ohio  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Michael Coughlin
The Leader's Family Life
Daniel J. Phillips
Thanks, that is very helpful. I appreciate your constant focus on actually understanding what God said and not "what it means to me." You have opened my eyes to so much deeper teaching with your blog posts and when possible I listen to your preaching.

Sermon9/25/12 2:48 PM
Covenants: God's Map of History
Daniel J. Phillips
Hey Dan, well done. I never have heard you preach, but I have read your writing. This was such a great explanation. It will be required listening for my wifey.

Sermon8/16/12 11:17 AM
Dan Phillips from United States  Contact via emailFind all comments by Dan Phillips
What Comes Next for Me?
Daniel J. Phillips
comments
Hi Steve, thanks for listening. Fair point. The 'immah is pleonastic in 3:6 (less so in v. 12) if it merely means "in (general but non-spatial) relationship with her." You know? The pronominal suffix on le'ishah (to HER husband) already says that. So I take it as spatial, as the ESV does ("her husband who was with her"; cf. HCSB, NET, etc.). Hope that helps

Sermon8/15/12 5:02 PM
Steve Drake  Contact via emailFind all comments by Steve Drake
What Comes Next for Me?
Daniel J. Phillips
comments
Hi Dan, I enjoy listening to your sermons on-line. Good stuff! Had a question and comment about 'What Comes Next For Me?' Do you consider Gen. 3:6 'with her' to be spatial or relational? From the sermon it sounds like you were saying spatially, that Adam was right there with Eve when the serpent was asking her questions and didn't intervene or do anything. I have always looked at this in relationship to 1 Tim. 2:14, 2 Cor. 11:3, to be 'relationally', not 'spatially'. Gen. 3:12 uses the same Hebrew phrasing as 3:6 when Adam says 'whom thou gavest to be 'with me'. Your thoughts?

Sermon3/23/12 4:50 AM
Yvonne Duff from Mauritius  Find all comments by Yvonne Duff
The Pastor's Call
Daniel J. Phillips
I pray that the Lord will bless you beyond what you can imagine as you pastor this body of believers. I particularly appreciate your stand on the all sufficiency of Scripture.

Jump to Page : [1] 2

Rev. Noel Hughes
Yea, He is altogether lovely!

Song of Solomon 5:16
Ballyclare Free Presbyterian

Go With God
Dr. Andy Bloom

Hourly: Seekest Thou Great Things?
Dr. Bob Jones III
Bob Jones University
Staff Picks..

Dr. James M. Phillips
#7 Charismatic Gifts Examined

The Near Cult Charismatic Move
Discover The Word With Dr...

Sermon: The Temporal and the Eternal
Tom Gabbard

Though we are weaker than our enemies, our Father is stronger. ... Howels

Watch
Fire Tablet
Wear
Android TV
Amazon Echo

2-MINUTE TIPS

SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video New!
Church Finder | Info