CODE #

Christ Church New Albany
John Snyder  |  New Albany, Mississippi

Sermon11/10/17 4:03 PM
Kate from Chicago  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kate
Judges Explained by God
John Snyder
I didn't realize how much encouragement was found in the book of Judges. Enjoying this series, will have to listen a couple of times to absorb more of it. So thankful God is a steady God in a world that is so unsteady. Great comfort for the believer.

Sermon10/16/17 2:51 PM
Kate from Chicago  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kate
The prayers alone, at the beginning of these sermons, are a sermon in itself. No one prays like this. You really should consider putting these into a prayer devotional, kind of like Spurgeon's Morning and Evening. The Church needs to learn how to pray and while many will not do a 12 week study, many buy devotionals. Each prayer is filled with the gospel message, each prayer can reach a sinner to repentance but also deepen a believer's life. Each prayer reminds the believer of his lowly position and Christ's exalted position. Each prayer sets the believer in the right position to receive His daily grace. If y'all don't put these in a book then I just might :)

Sermon10/14/17 4:44 PM
Kate from Chicago  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kate
All the More Diligent
Chuck Baggett
Challenging sermon, thank you!

Sermon10/4/17 12:05 AM
Kate from Chicago  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kate
The Hope of Predestination
John Snyder
That was one of the most thorough and humble sermons I've ever heard on predestination. Such an uncomfortable topic to discuss with believers and one that I would never talk about with unbelievers. Gracefully done, well explained, a truth in the scriptures that we must come to terms with if we want to understand His sovereignty.

Sermon9/25/17 3:57 PM
Kat Kal from Chicago  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kat Kal
The Call
John Snyder
"He makes them beautiful with His beauty because it's a call of grace." 3 That is a wonderful truth, a resting truth.

Sermon9/22/17 3:55 PM
Kate from Chicago  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kate
Seeing the Facts
Lanny Autry
Strong scriptures, but they are in God's word therefore true. It's telling us something about God that we may not know and understand so we should listen-this is my new approach to scripture, may God reveal and confront my wrong motives when approaching the throne. I pray He does. I watched Nabeel Qureshi's funeral services last night and his mentor spoke. Nabeel had asked a strong believer to mentor him through his dying process. The man told him you may not be happy about it. Nabeel said, I'm ready for it. One day Nabeel was struggling through some scriptures and told his mentor. He was approaching them as though he could toy and analyze God's word with wrong motives, his mentor saw this. He rebuked him and sald, "Nabeel, all scripture is God breathed and true, get on your knees and repent of your attitude." And beautifully Nabeel kneeled in this mentor's kitchen and prayed in repentance. Wow, may we all have the right attitude like that and Habakuk. First, what man has the nerve to confront a dying man who Is also very "famous" in Christian ministry. That mentor must fear God more than man and that mentor cares more about God and the believer than himself. I think most of us in the body are lacking that type of discipleship and mentoring, which keeps us as infants. It's a

Sermon9/21/17 2:06 PM
Kat Kal from Chicago  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kat Kal
These prayers and sermons completely knock me down, stop me in my tracks, and impact me at a very deep level. This is the way scripture is to be taught. If it does not convict the heart and put the fear of the Lord in you, you must be dead. Though it slays me, it is also healing me. Thank you for the boldness of your churches sermons. This type of teaching/preaching is hard to find.

Sermon9/6/17 6:05 PM
Kate from Chicago  Contact via emailFind all comments by Kate
The Throne Above All Thrones
Ian Hamilton
Just listened to a local sermon on line on the subject of finding spiritual rest-it was awful. Sermon went down the list of all the have to's to find rest. 1 go to church 2. Give offering 3 sing praises 4 go out and do service for your community-forget your family that's not your ministry-yes, the preacher actually said this. GET BUSY. My heart sunk at such awful advice. I remembered our dear brother Ian Hamilton's sermon on Beholding Christ. Go back to the root, go back to the source. Go to Christ and adore Him. Sit with Him, learn from Him- He is our prize! NOT get busy in the church and you'll find your energy. Not once in that opposite like sermon did I hear any seeking after Christ, it was all that man should do. Oh Lord, have mercy on us and send out GOOD Teaching like our dear brother Ian Hamilton's. Keep sending out God worthy sermons such as this. Thank you.

Sermon9/5/17 8:49 PM
Irene Davie from Canberra, Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Irene Davie
Romans 8:28 - Introduction
John Snyder
“ Excellent sermon ”
The message and teaching in this sermon, is excellent and so necessary. My husband and I greatly benefitted from this. Looking forward to hearing more.

Sermon5/12/17 11:03 PM
Jason Varnon from Belden  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jason Varnon
Joy
Andrew Davies
“ Excellent sermon and exposition of Scripture ”

Sermon8/28/16 10:27 PM
Carol Jordan from SC  Find all comments by Carol Jordan
Informal Talk
Paul Washer
comments
I listen to Paul each night and I have grown a lot because of his sincerity of his love for Jesus and the gospel. I am looking forward to seeing him in heaven!!!

Sermon7/1/16 7:07 PM
Paul Andrews from Orlando  Contact via emailFind all comments by Paul Andrews
Informal Talk
Paul Washer
comments
“ Balanced promises & truth ”
So much of what Paul expounds here is the reality of his experience. The pleasure to have the grace and truth of the Christian life so well magnified in this talk is priceless. The pearl of great price truly is our Lord God and His Christ...our kinsman redeemer!

Sermon4/28/16 5:34 PM
Dannine Harkins from Providence  Contact via emailFind all comments by Dannine Harkins
comments
I am so thankful. I have been listening for weeks with my bible. How can I possible worship something I don't know. Now I see God and my brokeness. I thought I was saved but I was struggling so much and I know all about my idols they are a symptom of complete and utter lack of knowledge of the gospel. We present the gospel people respond and then if your like me it is like is this it... Search no more. I am so astounded I can't breath it is absolutely amazing. Christ is absolutely amazing. I am so broken.

Sermon12/20/15 12:41 AM
David H J Gay from Bedfordshire, England  Protected NameFind all comments by David H J Gay
comments
“ Excellent ”
Listen to it! Heed it!

Sermon4/16/15 1:41 PM
Gina B  Find all comments by Gina B
Informal Talk
Paul Washer
comments
I have to agree with Ryan, that how Paul handled a cell phone ringing said everything about his faith. He would have spoiled his testimony had he been rude in any way, even though it would have been perfectly human. The message itself is very important and spoke greatly to me. I appreciate this very much.

Sermon4/1/15 12:49 PM
Luckson  Contact via emailFind all comments by Luckson
comments
Powerful sermon

Sermon10/27/14 2:58 AM
Ryan from Wisconsin  Find all comments by Ryan
Informal Talk
Paul Washer
comments
I thought that Paul was very Christ-like in how he responded to the cell phone that went off during his talk. Coincidentally, this week, I happened to see a youtube video where a pastor is reading from the Bible about the love of God, and a lady's cell phone goes off. The lady must have accidentally left the ringer on, and did not know what to do other than answer and say she could not talk. When the phone first rang, the pastor was immediately angry and let out a disgusted groan. Then he marched over to the lady, grabbed her cellphone, and smashed it on the floor, all before returning to reading about the love of God! I could not believe the sheer hypocrisy I was seeing. And so, I wanted to mention that to show the contrast between a Christian who has the love of God (Paul, in his response to the cell phone) and one who professes to be a Christian and yet does not have the love of God. I am grateful to hear Paul's sermons and know by instances such as this, that he has the love of God in his heart.

Sermon10/19/14 7:57 AM
Ken from West Texas  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ken
Informal Talk
Paul Washer
comments
“ This is good. ”
"Don't despise your inheritance." So true! Thanks for the reminder.

Sermon2/10/13 8:32 AM
Mike Brown  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mike  Brown
Behold Your God Trailer
John Snyder
Great message to start before I go to church like to share with those hope they come to Christ Jesus Lord

Sermon7/11/12 1:26 PM
BJN from South Carolina  Contact via emailFind all comments by BJN
John, I appreciate the Christ centeredness of your sermons. This sermon was especially helpful for me. Thank you

Pastor Cory Griess

Evangelism Awakening
Camp Meeting

Dr. Peter Masters
Commands with a Meaning

Leviticus
Metropolitan Tabernacle

Sermon: A Real Shepherd's View of..
Pastor Keith Burd

Christ takes possession of us on earth and for us in heaven. ... Anonymous

Watch