Sovereign Grace Baptist Church | SermonAudio.com

•  Chromecast
MyChurch: vayahiy
MyChurch Code#: 43836
Sovereign Grace Baptist Church
Jon Cardwell  |  Anniston, Alabama

Sermon11/18/08 7:20 AM
Mark F. from Dublin, Ireland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mark F.
Eternal Sacrifice
Jon Cardwell
Jon, You are so right. We, as preachers, need the passion and annointing if we are to truly preach the gospel as our forefathers did. This is an excellent devotional message on this subject. May God raise us passionate pastors in his church for the glory of Christ!!! Your grateful brother, Mark F.

Blog11/15/08 12:18 PM
Jon Cardwell from Moreno Valley, California  Protected NameContact via emailGo to homepageFind all comments by Jon Cardwell
(Blog entry no longer available)
NOTE: When using a Bible in the English language, Galatians 3:24–4:2 is one of the passages where a King James Version expresses the importance of this truth better than any other. The ASV, the NKJV, and the NASB as “literal” translations fail; & certainly, the thought translation of the NIV and the paraphrase of the NLT fail to convey in English the proper illustration here. This is why the Westminster divines appealed to the autographs of the original languages as inspired, authentic, and the final authority in all controversies of religion (Westminster Confession, ch.1 para.8).

And further note, that I’m not advocating the use of the KJV only, though it’s use by English speakers, even in the KJV’s difficulties and some of its poor translations (yes, there are a few places), this version can be used of the Spirit to alert us to scrutinize the text, 1st as Bereans (Acts 17:11), & if possible, in a scholarly approach through the original languages.

And finally, this doesn’t mean that I would insist that all become apt, able, or academic with regard to Hebrew, Greek, and Chaldean. To suggest that would contradict the Westminster Confession (& 1689 London Baptist Confession that I hold), from the same chapter and paragraph cited above. It's helpful but not necessary.

Sermon11/15/08 3:38 AM
Mark Fitzpatrick from Dublin, Ireland  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Mark Fitzpatrick
The Blood of the Lamb
Jon Cardwell
comments
“ Powerful!!! ”
Dear Jon, Truly powerful and inspiring! May our merciful God continue to use your mouth and zeal for his kingdom and glory. In Jesus' name. Your brother, Mark.

Sermon11/12/08 8:04 PM
John Ploughman  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by John Ploughman
A Good Word for Wives - 17
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
“ Stand Alone Chapter! ”
When reading this, I thought of my lovely wife, and how good God is to me to give such a one to put up with me. This is extremely IMPORTANT for men to take heed of... and also a message for pastors in how we speak of the church. Last year, a pastor within the Emergent Church Movement wrote a book entitled, They Like Jesus But Not the Church. Wow. That would be like me inviting a friend over for coffee, who brings his wife, and I tell him that he can come in but she can't because I don't like her. He probably wouldn't want to be my friend anymore. I wonder what Jesus thinks about such book titles when we say something like that about His beloved bride, whom He gave His life for. I pray that all of you men enjoy this reading! Be blessed, brethren!

Sermon10/16/08 10:14 AM
Jon Cardwell from Moreno Valley, California  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Jon Cardwell
The Blood of the Lamb
Jon Cardwell
comments
Thank you, Sister Sharon, for your encouraging words. I was hesitiant to do the video but received steady encouragement to do so... and am blessed to hear that you were blessed. May the Lord continue to bless you through all the resouces at SermonAudio.

Sermon10/14/08 2:04 PM
Wayne  Find all comments by Wayne
On Patience & On Gossips
C. H. Spurgeon
comments
'If we must talk, at least let us be free from slander, but let us not blister our tongues with backbiting. Slander may be sport to tale-bearers, but it is death to those whom they abuse. We can commit murder with the tongue as well as with the hand. The worst evil you can do a man is to injure his character' C H Spurgeon

Sermon10/10/08 2:01 PM
bill d from ny  Contact via emailFind all comments by bill d
On Religious Grumblers
C. H. Spurgeon
time to rise.. bless you and our lords followers

Sermon10/8/08 9:52 AM
Sharon Smith  Find all comments by Sharon Smith
The Blood of the Lamb
Jon Cardwell
comments
“ Beautiful Testimony! ”
Thank you Pastor Cardwell for sharing your testimony. I was truly blessed watching the video, and plan on sharing it with others. Though our outward man is decaying, our inner man is being renewed day by day. One day, we will be perfect in body and soul. When we see Him, we shall be like Him - looking for that blessed Hope and glorious appearing of our Great God and Saviour. Blessings on you and your family, dear brother in Christ.

Sermon10/4/08 6:36 PM
One Prodigal from Saint Paul, MN  Contact via emailFind all comments by One Prodigal
The Cup of Wrath
Andrew Bonar
comments
This is an excellent sermon - one that should be heard by all. Thanks for re-preaching it with such fervor and compassion!

Sermon10/3/08 6:25 AM
Phyllis Hammons from Ruidoso, New Mexico  Contact via emailFind all comments by Phyllis Hammons
comments
Pastor Jon, I was so blessed listening to your testimony and message of Christ Crucified. How I thank God for your dedication to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ! I pray that God continues to bless and use you in His work.

Sermon9/21/08 7:50 PM
Dwayna Litz  Find all comments by Dwayna Litz
comments
This is one of my favorite sermons I have ever heard in my life. I will always treasure it...and listen to it again and again. I have found that "just another sermon by Jon Cardwell" is always an extraordinary one. I can't express how I hunger for deep teaching. This sermon sure does fill up a hungry heart with the Bread of Life. I took notes and was riveted as I listened by the prophecies pointed out of Jesus from the Old Testament to the New, and Psalm 69 is more precious to me now than ever. I thank God for this sermon from Him to my heart and life, through His servant, Jon Cardwell.

Blog8/13/08 8:02 PM
Or...

I could have saved you all quite a bit of reading by simply writing this instead:

Our purest and most reverent worship of God, even in glorified bodies in that Day, is only given by God’s grace because, apart from God’s grace that comes by Jesus Christ, no glory, honor, or praise given to the holy God will ever be as glorious as what He most richly and worthily deserves.

Even then, this statement falls short of the glory that our holy God deserves.

Sermon7/28/08 11:33 AM
comments
“ Desiring God. ”
Chief end of man is to want God above anything else.

Sermon7/25/08 2:55 AM
Jenny from Leeds England  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jenny
I just love Bunyan and this was a really good clear speaker. This is good Christology

Blog7/12/08 1:15 AM
Jhawk44  Find all comments by Jhawk44
Well due to liberals we are pretty protected from getting the death penalty.

But as for persecution and prison there's plenty of that to go around

Sermon5/29/08 2:45 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
Thank you for this wonderful message! Amen, Good insight into the Scriptures!

Sermon5/24/08 2:33 PM
Robert from New Jersey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Robert
The Mystery of God
Jon Cardwell
Hear this one! Thank you for this wonderful message! Really great! May God richly bless your ministry!

Sermon5/12/08 11:21 PM
fuchs from Japan  Find all comments by fuchs
“ joy study ”
Dear Dear Dear Pastor Jon, What a best timing! We have studied about "joy" in Christ from last Saturday. Really you gave me Godly fruits of joy and peace.I thank to God,Jon and my brother Kyle with all my heart. And then Please you and Rachel know how much you always keep to give me helpful energy, strength and power for my life.Again thank you very much!!!

Sermon5/1/08 7:50 PM
Peter-John Parisis from Belleville, Michigan  Protected NameFind all comments by Peter-John Parisis
comments
“ Wonderful Teachings ”
It is refreshing to hear a father teach his child about God. A very down to earth teaching about one of the attributes of God. PJ

Sermon4/25/08 4:39 AM
fuchs from Japan  Find all comments by fuchs
“ How happy ”
My dear dear dear Pastor Jon, Thank you very much for your fine voice.Now I will listen to this.Your preaching always makes me have some joyful time. I will study Jesus with his power through all Jon more and more.I want to understand Jesus much more.What a great our GOD! Anytime God provides all good timing and all things to us. I talked this with Kyle on this Wednesday again.Today I find your new preaching . This is just a nice gift from GOD. Thank you very much for God and Jon!!!

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6