Faith Baptist Church | SermonAudio

•  Apple TV
•  Chromecast
MyChurch: faithbaptistavon | Set
MyChurch Code#: 00290
“Great Sermon!”
James Martin from United States
Be careful who you place yourself under authority. Amen!
Marc Monte | Principles from Proverbs

Sermon3/4/07 11:01 AM
Norman Smith from New Haw,Addlestone,Surrey  Contact via emailFind all comments by Norman Smith
“ Sermon full of practical help ! ”
I have listened to a number of this dear brothers sermons recently, on sermonaudio,and have always enjoyed,and been blessed by what i have heard. This sermon is full of help and practical soundness ,as brother Marc shares his thoughts on some things he has learnt over 40 years. If you want a sermon that is not too deep theologically at this time,but something that would build you up in your most holy faith practically,then i wholeheartedly recommend this...well worth half an hour or so of your time.

Sermon2/15/07 3:37 AM
D. Kucan from Melbourne  Contact via emailFind all comments by D. Kucan
comments
“ Good sermon ”
This sermon presents a general defense of Tithing for the New Testament church. However the some of the arguments the speaker presents in favor of Tithing for N.T. Christians is very weak (i.e. Tithing predates the Law therefore, it is still applicable today; that would then mean that circumcision is also applicable today because it too predated the Law! Overall the message is useful if one wants to learn the general arguments put forth in favour of Tithing today.

Sermon2/13/07 10:34 AM
Bev from Colorado Springs  Find all comments by Bev
comments
Preaching the TRUTH is rare today! This death of Anna has been heavy on my heart I keep asking myself what is wrong with our society? This is an excellent sermon, I praise God for the truth being spoken. I have three teenagers, I pray parents will know their resposibilty, this sermon reminded me of mine.

Sermon2/12/07 2:38 AM
jude from Brisbane, Australia  Contact via emailFind all comments by jude
comments
“ Ouch! straight to the point ”
The title of the sermon caught my eye. I agree with all your points of who is to blame. How tragic this young ladies life was, and how sad like you said, that years ago her life wouldn't have been spoken about through shame and embarrasement. Shame on society, more shame on the church. We do not blush anymore, and nothing shocks. What an example to young people, of how sin will use, and then kill. Society shouldnt have anything to attract christians. Did she ever hear the gospel. What has really upset me, is thats it for her. No more chances. Thank you, we do need to speak out.

Sermon2/4/07 12:43 PM
MarcyJoy Lawrence from Minneapolis  Contact via emailFind all comments by MarcyJoy Lawrence
Peace In Our Hearts
Marc Monte
comments
“ Very helpful ”
once again, this preacher has shown me how to apply scripture in a way i never would have thought of and that is invaluable to me. thank you very, very much!

Sermon2/4/07 7:56 AM
Daniel from Maryland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Daniel
“ Excellent Sermon! ”
Every Christian needs to listen to this sermon. Israel is the Jewish homeland. Now and forever! Ani ohev et Israel! Bracha vehazlaha Pastor Monte!

Sermon2/4/07 7:27 AM
Reheating Your Heart
Marc Monte
“ Heart-stirring and comforting ”
I very much appreciate this pastor's way of comforting and encouraging. His words go right to my heart and wont be forgotten. thank you.

Sermon2/4/07 6:12 AM
Marcy Joy Lawrence from Minneapolis  Contact via emailFind all comments by Marcy Joy Lawrence
Put a Lid on Your Problem
Marc Monte
comments
“ This sermon was a REAL help ”
Ive listened to many sermons searching for some relief to my despair, and this one by far has been the most help to me. I was comforted and encouraged by this pastor's empathy and down to earth perspective of this topic. I finally can see some light at the end of my dark tunnel. thank you so much.

Sermon1/27/07 11:38 PM
Daniel from Maryland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Daniel
comments
“ Refreshing! ”
It's refreshing to hear Pastor Monte preach the Rapture the way the Bible reads. He even disproves the mid-trib and post-trib and prewrath views. I say its refreshing because, unfortunately, so many pastors are teaching theological anti-semetism. I cannot wait to listen to Part 2.

Sermon1/27/07 4:26 PM
Daniel from Maryland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Daniel
Put a Lid on Your Problem
Marc Monte
comments
“ Encouraging! ”
I awoke feeling down, but after listening to this sermon I feel revitalized and restored. This is a great heart-warming sermon with some great laughs. Thank You Pastor Monte.

Sermon1/15/07 1:00 AM
Daniel from Maryland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Daniel
Perfect Peace
Marc Monte
An uplifting sermon indeed! Just what I needed to hear due to very recent mishaps by myself(no not the Ravens this time hehe). Blessed be the name of the LORD! The grace of my LORD is hard to fathom, but he sure does love me and continues to provide for me.

Sermon1/10/07 6:46 AM
Kieran Mac Court from Ireland  Find all comments by Kieran Mac Court
Well thought out and presented take on the role of the church. Answered a question that's been niggling at me for the last month or so, about church answers to requests for help from individuals outside the assembly. Pastor Monte, you've done it again!

Sermon1/3/07 4:33 PM
Christian from Switzerland  Find all comments by Christian
comments
“ very wise counsel ”
This is some very helpful admonition concerning the internet and its dangers. This is not only important to children but also to adults. May God help us to use this tool to His Glory.

Sermon11/7/06 8:14 PM
Daniel M Lattieri from Altoona Pa.  Contact via emailFind all comments by Daniel M Lattieri
comments
Islam is the enemy of Christianity more so than America. They believe that America is a Christian country, because we profess to be, and if liberals had their way we would not be a Christian nation. In the Continent of Africa they are killing Christians, not Americans. All over the world they are killing christians. They hate us because we believe the God of the Jews is the only true God, and their god Allah is a false god. Why are they not going after atheists or even Buddhists? are they not enemies of Islam? Liberals will tell you that Allah and the God of the bible is the same god. Not true. The God of the bible is the God of Israel and the only true God for the christian. Blessed be the name of the Lord God of Israel.

Sermon11/7/06 3:43 PM
Reserved for obvious reasons. from Saudi Arabia  Contact via emailFind all comments by Reserved for obvious reasons.
comments
“ The truth and nothing but the truth! ”
Living and working in the birthplace of Islam I am continually amazed at how blind the average muslim is to the violent character of their faith. God bless you for your courage to speak out.

Sermon10/26/06 11:35 PM
AMC from Illinois  Find all comments by AMC
Friendship, Part 1
Marc Monte
This is a crystal-clear, wonderful sermon that discusses a terrific way to think about friendships (and it's not just for youth): there should be something about them that challenges you personally, some ability or attitude that is better than yours so that they can sharpen your "dullness" and vice-versa. A friend isn't superior to you in everything, but when you make a friend, choose someone who can challenge you in some way because the character of your friend will afffect you! "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." Skim the cream from every man. The right friend will seek to improve you. Real friends don't criticize just to be critical. A true friend gives counsel that's characterized b sweetness and earnestness. "Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful." This means that a true friend may hurt with the truth if he really cares. People who only tell you what you want to hear are not your friends. There's A LOT more discussed in this sermon, I've only scratched the surface. Worth listening to the entire sermon no matter your age.

Sermon8/22/06 11:16 AM
Katie from Minnesota
This was one great sermon and may have saved me from making a decision that would have destroyed my family. Thankyou Pastor Monte, and God bless you for telling it like it is.

Sermon7/21/06 12:05 PM
Dan Black  Contact via email
This guy is awsome i met with him last week . How great our God is to call men like this

Sermon4/24/06 8:11 AM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Contact via email
comments
“ Almost A Great Sermon! ”
Not necessary for Pastor Monte to make fun of Calvinist doctrines. Monte is objecting not to Reformed Theology as much as hyper-Calvinism (or "sub-Calvinism" as RC Sproul calls it; Sproul has written against hyper-Calvinism) so he would likely agree with 99.44% of "Calvinist" doctrine. One objection to Calvin here is that he's not a Dispensationalist - I will have to research this, because I thought Dispensationalism didn't exist until the 19th century. Also of note is the LBC, chapter 9, especially paragraphs 3 and 4. And, Calvinists would agree that anyone who genuinely wanted to be saved would be among the elect.

Sermon4/19/06 6:53 AM
Scott McMahan from Internet  Contact via email
Calvinism: Who So Ever
Marc Monte
comments
“ Courageous! ”
This series will be more controversial than the Islam sermons :) I applaud Pastor Monte's courage to post these sermons in a Calvinist bastion. They're thought provoking and challenging. I used to believe pretty much along the Arminean line, but the more I dug into it, the more I came to see that the doctrine of total depravity was the one key that separated true Bible Christianity from all world religions and even other quasi-Christian beliefs. All the other Calvinist points are outworkings of total depravity. The only conclusion I can draw from personal experience, history, and the modern world is that man is totally depraved and we can't save ourselves.

Jump to Page : back 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] more

Stephen MacKenzie
Can Gays Be Saved?

Romans
Fishers of Men Bible...

Sermon: Dr. Hoyt Chastain Debate #2
Dr. Hoyt Chastain

Mortification of the flesh is the true place of power in the Spirit. ... W. Kelly

Watch