No media found for this sermon; please check back later.
On Being A "Free-Will" Presbyterian
• First, let’s settle on a definition
• We must distinguish between liberty and ability.
• The BIG picture – “Human Nature in its Fourfold Estate”
The Estate of Is it possible
to sin? Is it possible to not sin?
• How is it possible that a person can move from an estate of Sin to an estate of Grace? (Matthew 19:26; James 1:18)
• What to do if you might still be in the estate of Sin.
• What to do if you are confident of being in the estate of Grace. “Applying all diligence” . . . (2 Peter 1:5,10; 3:18; 3:11, 14)
• Realize moment by moment that there will still be a final everlasting condition.
• Recognize and value the uniqueness of Christ Jesus, the “only begotten of God.” How would He, the God-Man, fit into the matrix above? We do know that having a perfect human nature He had a free will (Matthew 26:36-46).