What Is A Pastor?
1. How does the Bible describe a Pastor?
> 4 Terms:
1. Elder or Presbyter Acts 20:17
2. Overseer or Bishop Acts 20:28
3. Poimen 1 Peter 5:1-2
4. Steward Titus 1:7
> All the terms describe responsibilities of the
2. The elder speaks about what the man is.
1. The bishop/Overseer speaks about what he does
2. The Pastor speaks about the man's stewardship
of God's Flock
3. The Pastor must have a vital personal
relationship with Jesus. 1 Peter 5:1-5
1. Willing to be a witness regarding the
sufferings of Christ
2. Willing to be a martyr for Christ
3. Pratice greatest must ba servant of all
4. A vital and real relationship with the Gospel
4. A pastor must have a loving concer for God's
1. Ensure the sheep are kept away from things that
will harm them
2. What is the role of the Pastor reqarding sheep.
1 peter 5:2-3
5. There are some dangers
1. Thing of him as another sheep with no authority
2. Raising the Pastor too high think of him as a
Pastors are among the sheep, but they are to have a
loving care and concern for the sheep with an
attitude of desire to serve God's people and the