The promises of God are the entrance into eternal
1. We have promises being presented to us from
everywhere, we are skeptical of them. And this is
where hope comes in. Hope looks at the promises that
have been made and assigns a likelihood to those
promises. This is why we need hope, because we are
2. Hope is the expectation of the good that is
promised. The greater the expectation of good, the
greater the likelihood that we will believe the
promise and make changes accordingly.
3. We often learn by trial and error. this is the
ordinary way we learn to hope in God's promises. We
learn that God always delivers on His promises! But
it often takes us failing to believe God's promises
before we learn to trust God's promises.
4. A promise is a revelation of God's intention to
bless us. Of course, there might be conditions and
stipulations connected to the promise, but the
purpose of the promise is to reveal what God intends
5. Why do we give up on God? Why do we doubt God's
promises? There is absolutely no reason to doubt
God. There has never been a promise that God did not
keep. Got cannot lie.
6. We believe the promise. This is why we need to
know what God's Word says. For every situation, God
has made us promises concerning it. But how can we
believe God if we don't know what he has promised?
7. Apply God's promise. How do we apply His
promises? We meditate on them. The more you
meditate on God's promises, the more they will affect
your understanding of your situation and then the
more you will be able to depend on the promises.
Pray God's promises.