Topical Survey of Romans Cornerstone Bible Church...
Play! | MP3
PowerClips is an exclusive feature which enables you to convert a selected clip from one of your sermons into an animated video creatively styled with strong, visual elements in bold typography. (Click left for an example).
Thesis: Man doesn't realize how bad he really is.
Before a holy, righteous and perfect God, our
standing before him is far worse than we think or can
In chapter 3, Paul expounds on his already idea of
man's universal guilt in God's sight after having
detailed three reasons for the gospel - God's
revealed wrath; His irrevocable judgment; and the
culpability of both Jew and Gentile.
Paul demonstrates universal condemnation by:
I. ASKING RHETORICAL QUESTIONS
* Why Jewish advantage if they failed
* Is God unjust in lawgiving
* Why does God condemn in using sin
* If no salvation in law, why use it
II. ANSWERING IMAGINARY DIATRIBE
* Israel's disobedience vs God's covenant
* Not God's fault they failed - shows God's
righteousness and perfection of law
* Sin shows our failure, vindicates God
III. APPEALING TO SCRIPTURE
* Gentiles guilty because they broke law
revealed in conscience
* Jews guilty because they broke law revealed
to them by Moses
* "All have sinned"
CONCLUSION: The law shows us our sin. It reveals
how bad we are in every aspect of our being - action,
thought, desire . . . . well beyond what we think and
understand. It should lead us to come before God in
total hopelessness in self, to trust in the One who
kept the law perfectly for us.