Topical Survey of Romans Cornerstone Bible Church...
Play! | MP3
PowerClips is an exclusive feature which enables you to convert a selected clip from one of your sermons into an animated video creatively styled with strong, visual elements in bold typography. (Click left for an example).
Thesis: Paul wrote Romans to a church in Rome -
desiring to preach the gospel to them and expound the
theology behind it. In our text, he shows that God
is a righteous, perfect Judge and cannot excuse the
guilty. We must know the bad news (everyone is
guilty) before we can receive the good news (Gospel).
GOD'S JUDGMENT IS . . . . . . . . . .
1. NOT AVERTED DUE TO KNOWLEDGE OF TRUTH
* Judging others condemns same sin in self
* We are hypocrites in our words vs our actions
2. NOT REVOKED DUE TO TEMPORARY BLESSINGS
* "God is good", how could he condemn me?
* God's patience designed to lead to repentance
* "playing" with God increases future wrath
* You will be judged according to works - but
whose works will be accounted to you?
3. ETERNAL IN ONE OF TWO VERDICTS
* 100% law keeping - can't - eternal death
* defer to Christ's perfection - eternal life
4. BASED ON STANDARD OF LAW
* Everyone culpable - either direct knowledge
of written law or law written in heart
* We all sin against what we KNOW is right
5. MEDIATED BY JESUS CHRIST
* Judgment day is a certainty
* Jesus is "good news" remedy to judgment
CONCLUSION: God's wrath is coming for the guilty -
and all are guilty. But Jesus provides acquittal for
those who put their trust in his law keeping and his
wrath-taking, having him become your advocate.