+++ USE THE CALVINISM CD LINK BELOW TO GET 60 CLASSIC CHRISTIAN (REFORMATION, PROTESTANT) CDs FOR FREE IN SWRB's 3 for 1 CD SUPER SALE (FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY) +++ http://www.swrb.com/Puritan/calvinism-bookshelf-CDs.htm
The thoroughness of Owen on the subject if Justification by Faith may be seen by the chapter headings:
1. General considerations needed before explaining the doctrine.
2. Justification by faith generally acknowledged, but the meaning of it is also often perverted. There are two kinds of faith in Scripture.
3. The Nature of Justifying Faith; the faith by which we are justified.
4. How faith is used in justification. Who affirms it? Who denies it?
5. The proper sense of the words justification, justify, important. They are always used in a forensic sense under a juridical scheme.
6. Distinction between a first and second justification. The whole doctrine of the Romish church grounded on this distinction.
7. Evangelical personal righteousness; the nature and use of it. There is no evangelical justification on our personal righteousness.
8. The nature of imputation. The first mention of it is in Gen. 15:6.
9. Imputation of sin unto Christ testified by the ancients.
10. The principal controversies about justification discussed.
11. The arguments for justification of the righteousness of Christ. Our personal righteousness no cause of justification in the sight of God.
12. Nature of the obedience or righteousness required unto justification. Perfect obedience under the covenant of works.
+ CLICK ON THE 'OUTSIDE WEB LINK' BELOW TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET 60 NEW SWRB CDs FOR FREE (FOR A LIMITED TIME)