- We are new creatures in Christ. 2 Co 5:17
- We have been made partakers of the Divine Nature 2
- We are a new self, in the likeness of God, created
in righteousness and holiness of the truth Eph 4:24
- But, we still live in a body of flesh! We have not
been transformed yet! cf. Romans 8
- We live between two worlds.
Text: Romans 7
An illustration 1-6
An explanation 7-14
An affirmation 15-25
a) An illustration: the relationship between the
Christian and the Law. 1-6
b) An explanation: of the relationship between The
Law and Sin. 7-14
c) An affirmation: the inevitable dilemma/paradox
for the believer 15-25
1. We do what we hate.
2. We love the Law, but we donâ€™t do what we love.
3. The emotional rejection: â€śwretched man that I
4. The Dilemma ends in Hope: Jesus redeemed us
from the curse of the Law and from the power of sin
In your dilemma, look to Jesus
During your battle with sin: look to Jesus! Illust:
Baseball players and the coach
In your victories: look to Jesus!
In your defeat: look to Jesus!