2000 years ago, the best - and unquestionably, the most powerful - sermon on the Resurrection of Christ was preached.
• The apostle Peter was the preacher. • The location was Jerusalem. • The occasion was the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2).
Since then countless sermons have been delivered on this grand theme.
But ... ‘Why Preach The Resurrection?' Why so often? Why still today?
I am going to slightly rearrange R. A. Torrey's famous statement on the resurrection and add one clause to it - so that I can use it as an outline by which to address the pressing question of this hour: ‘Why Preach The Resurrection?'
The bodily resurrection of Christ is:
1. FOUNDATIONAL TO OUR FAITH ... 'The Cornerstone of Christianity!'
2. FUNDAMENTAL TO OUR FUTURE ... 'The Everest of Believing Hope!'
3. FACTUAL TO OUR FORENSICS ... 'The Gibraltar of Christian Evidences!'
4. FATAL TO OUR FOES ... 'The Waterloo of Infidelity!'
Ian Brown succeeded Dr Ian Paisley as minister of Martyrs Memorial in August 2013. Prior to this he pastored the Free Presbyterian congregation in Northern Ireland’s Maiden City, Londonderry, from 1987 to 2013. He is the author of several books, notably: “Belfast Boat – Titanic,...