Topical Survey of Romans Cornerstone Bible Church...
Play! | MP3
PowerClips is an exclusive feature which enables you to convert a selected clip from one of your sermons into an animated video creatively styled with strong, visual elements in bold typography. (Click left for an example).
A letter to unknown people.Â
* The Epistle to the Romans is Paulâ€™s Opus Magnus.
* Paul did not know these brethren in person.
II THE LETTER
* The longest of Paul's writings.Â Without a doubt
recognized as Pauline by the early church.
* This letter was delivered to the church by Phoebe
a woman recognized as a deacon (a servant) in
Cenchrea, a church which was close to Corinth.
* He calls Gaius â€śa host to meâ€ť (Ro.16:23).
* Paul mentions Erastus, â€śa city treasurerâ€ť, who
sends greetings from where Paul was writing (16:23).
III THE WONDER OF ROMANSÂ
* It is just a letter.
* It was written to a church probably spread into
many smaller congregationsÂ throughout the city of
* The letter was written to and for common people.
* This is the book, that caused Luther to rediscover
* This event triggered (unintentionally for Luther)
the schism that led to the ProtestantÂ Reformation.
* Paul wanted to visit them and communicate the
Gospel he preached.
* He wrote a summary of his Gospel!
* If this letter is the Gospel, it is scary to think
about todayâ€™s gospel, which resembles very little
about the content of this book.
* 2 Peter 3:17 commands us to â€śgrow in grace and in
the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.â€ť
* Learning Romans is one of the greatest means to do
* Romans is a magnificent example of Jesus words to