1. It matters where you start and where you begin in the matter of salvation. IF you start with men, you will always end with men. But God does not begin with men and surely does not end with men. He begins as God and ends as God and that means He does all things to His glory.
2. For us to be in line with the truth we have to appreciate and believe the truth that God purposed salvation not for the alleviation of human misery, but to His glory.
3. And God determined to be praised for His grace and mercy from before the foundation of the world, before any had even sinned. And that means, both sin and the cross were purposed by Him as the means of Him showcasing His glory.
4. And His glory in respect to salvation was in Him getting all the praise and honor for causing life and righteousness to all whom He chose.
5. God is perfect in His ways and thus is Holy and that perfection He has put on display. Only God can give God the proper honor and praise that is due Him, because He alone knows how much He is worth.
6. So, salvation could not be by the act of men and women choosing and deciding for Jesus for that would give glory to creatures. Many professing Christians downplay this because they do not believe in the God of the bible and the matters that He has revealed or taught around this area of not sharing His glory.
7. Salvation Is not by grace and mercy not only because men and women cannot do it. That is true, but it is bigger than that, it is by grace and mercy alone so that God alone would be praised for the riches of His glory by those to whom He does not impute sin. In short, there is no boasting before him and thus there is no free-will salvation in those that