1. Much of what is taught about salvation in the professing church is false. It is false because they have made the matter of salvation something that is within the power of sinners to do or determine, to will, accept or reject.
2. But that is false teaching. The matter of salvation is an eternal matter. It has its foundations before nothing was created. It has its foundations in God's sovereign will and purpose in Christ to choose and create a people to bless in Christ.
3. And the blessing was for these to come to God as holy and without blame-having been adopted as children by or through Christ Jesus.
4. And election by God in Christ was by His grace-that the riches of the glory of His grace may be praised by the vessels of mercy.
5. So, there is no one who actually decides to come to Christ. That is a matter that is beyond their ability. A sinner can not come to Christ unless God chose them and draws them to Christ.
6. So, predestination and election are foundational to telling the truth of what Christ accomplished for His elect, called saints.
7. Christ did not come to procure a salvation hoping that someone will be kind to him and choose Him. He accomplished a full salvation for those that were given Him by the Father so that none of them will perish.
8. There is a lot of gospel teaching here and so listen carefully‚Ä¶ The good thing is that is all free, so you can hear again and again.
Great Sermon! Do hear this teaching again and again as it is of great importance. Most Pastors will not touch this subject of election and predestination before the foundation of the world as it is a great offense to some and a wonderful blessing to those who believe.