Topical Survey of Romans Cornerstone Bible Church...
Play! | MP3
PowerClips is an exclusive feature which enables you to convert a selected clip from one of your sermons into an animated video creatively styled with strong, visual elements in bold typography. (Click left for an example).
Thesis: The tension of Romans 6-8 is the sinful
person we are born as versus the new creation we are
as a believer in Christ. We experience future eternal
life spiritually right now in the midst of temporal
struggles and frustrations.
* Assurance of eternal life is not with us, but God
* Faith is built on Jesus blood, not our sweat
Paul has four strands of argument in Romans 6:
1. NEW CONDITION (v. 1-11) * Review - earlier lesson
2. NEW COVENANT (v. 12-14) * Review - earlier lesson
3. NEW MASTER (v. 15-18)
* Gospel is not a license to sin. Believer is now
a slave to righteousness
* Believer has new tendency/disposition to obey
* Believer will still buckle, struggle, buck -
but they are yoked to a new master = Christ
4. NEW ATTITUDE (v. 19-23)
* we are dead to sin (not living in it).
* shame of sin = motivation to sanctification
1. We don't have to sin
2. Sin remains attractive
3. The flesh cannot be redeemed
4. We will still die
* In Christ, we have the power to obey