Election is not a universally accepted doctrine, some
would even say it is divisive, but the intention in
this sermon is to show God's love and mercy. The
preacher does not set out to enter into combat on the
issue, wave a stick or point a finger, the reality
being that a good understanding of central doctrines
of the Christian faith is liberating.
You are invited therefore to consider the following:
1) What is this doctrine that causes so much fuss?
2) Dealing with difficulties:
- First, is it unjust?
- Ok, but is it fair, then , that man is
- Teach a high view of Scripture
- Is the doctrine just a mystery?
3) What then is the purpose of election
4) What are some of the reasons to preach election?
If you worry that you are not part of the Elect, the
reassuring news is that that's a good sign. Seek the
Lord with all your heart and soul and you will find
Him. He will not turn you away, He has promised that.