And I love my story... even with all the twist and turns, ups and downs, and ins and outs. And, you know what, I'm so blessed that you're a part of the plot, too.
Some of you play a bigger role than others—but nonetheless you're in the storyline. And I'm eternally grateful that you are, and that the Author of my life chose to also include me...in your book. It's a small part, I know, but I believe it's a significant part because He chose to cross our paths...and I love seeing His story for you unfold.
You see, I went from being a villain in the story, one who lived to simply enjoy me, and all I wanted from life, as I ran from and rejected Him who came to this earth and gave His life for me, to an unashamed and unapologetic vessel of His mercy. And to be honest...I wouldn't change my role for anything.
The King, who is the Hero in my book, showed me mercy and interrupted my rebellion and invaded my life with His redeeming grace, relentless love and refreshing word. He forgave me, took me under His wing and He's teaching me how to love and serve like Him. (Romans 9:23)
As King David would say...
"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with You" (Psalms 139:13-18).
So, from day to day, the stories He's written for each of us... are being unveiled right before our eyes! It's your story...so I encourage you to embrace it gladly, endure it gratefully, explain it graciously, and enjoy it gloriously. Get aquatinted with the Author, He'll help you fix your eyes upon King Jesus, and use you mightily as His kingdom continues to interrupt and invade lives.
Bedrock principles that make up the gospel of the kingdom: the fundamentals of the gospel.
The good news about:
1. The Author (The Author of life and abundance has a Creator, who, as Maker, has Authority over ALL His Creation. And it (His creation) was created and exits to bring Him glory. Satan didn’t touch the fruit of the abundance, he focused on the fruit of the forbidden and used the Author’s own words to take advantage of His creation: in the day you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall surely die.)
2. The Alienation (of humanity, being separated from their Maker because of sin, resulting in man becoming products of the fall, children of wrath, man acting independent of God.)
3. The Accountability (of sin, death, despair, deception, darkness, disease to the Maker and His authority over His creation.
4. The Answer (a promise from God, from the very beginning God graciously clothed and covered Adam and Eve, condemned them from
5. The Atonement (grace for sin, the righteousness of Christ is imputed to us when we trust and turn to Him in faith and repentance.)
6. The Awareness (the gospel message makes us aware, that we have been in rebellion to God and His ways.)
7. The Acknowledgement (of faith or rebellion to all the above and confess and commit in faith your trust and life to Jesus and His message or go on in your rebellion without Him.)
And always remember, in His books, he who has been forgiven of much, also loves much... good glory, hallelujah. And it’s impossible to have faith in Christ, trusting Him and His message and not have a love for His messengers, the people of God (Luke 7:40-50). When the truth is in us, it’s in us forever (2 John).
John said...”whom I love in truth, but not ONLY I, but also ALL those who have known the truth, BECAUSE of the truth which abides in us and will be with us FOREVER” (2 John 1:1-2).
People of the truth, love people of the truth. Let me reinforce that... people of grace and truth, love people of grace and truth. It’s a family thing... or I should say, it’s a thing we get from our Father. Yep, those born of grace and truth love those born of grace and truth. It’s a family quality we inherited from the strong genes of our Father. Glory... you find me anyone that doesn’t love the people of God and I’ll tell you straight up... my Father isn’t their father, and they ain’t my brother or sister. His DNA of grace, truth, love and Jesus are permanently in His children (they inherited them when they were born again) and they love their siblings. Glory...
To KNOW truth is to KNOW grace... to know grace and truth is to KNOW love. To know grace and truth and love is to KNOW Jesus. To know grace and truth and love and Jesus is to KNOW how to love grace and truth and love and Jesus. And to know how to love grace and truth and love and Jesus is to KNOW love FOR those that ALSO love grace and truth and love and Jesus. And whosoever that doesn’t KNOW love FOR those that love grace and truth and love and Jesus doesn’t love grace and truth and love and Jesus. And whosoever that doesn’t love grace and truth and love and Jesus cannot possibly KNOW grace and truth and love and Jesus.
GRACE and TRUTH and LOVE, which are all found in JESUS, are the magnets that draw and eternally unite the brethren together. God doesn’t make any apologies about it nor any excuses for it... those that don’t KNOW love FOR His sheep, don’t KNOW their Shepherd or recognize His voice, either.
Check out Pastor Nick’s corresponding audio message, “Fruit Upon Fruit” posted on February 19, 2019.