Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsroomALL
Events | Notices | Blogs
Newest Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Language
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -21 sec
Top Sermons
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Broadcaster Dashboard
Members Only

Breaking News All | Prayer | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  4/22/2021
SUNDAY, DEC 6, 2020  |  56 comments
England’s Top School Fires Teacher for Thought Crimes
Will Knowland is now the most famous man in England, having been fired from his job at the country’s top school for “questioning radical feminist orthodoxy” in a remote video lesson.

However, his cancellation has not been as smooth a process as the perpetrators might have hoped. Mr. Knowland’s students, for one thing, are fighting to get him reinstated. Their devotion to their teacher won’t surprise anyone who knows the man in question. It certainly hasn’t surprised me. Five years ago, I was fortunate enough to study under Will Knowland’s tutelage for a brief time, during which he changed the whole course of my education. He taught me for just two weeks, but in that time he persuaded me that studying what I wanted where I wanted was a goal within my reach. Imagine my horror, then, when I found out some weeks ago that he had been fired for thought crimes during a lesson set aside for discussing ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.nationalreview.com
COMMENTS  locked  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 56 user comment(s)
News ItemSystem Notice
SermonAudio.com
This forum thread has been closed by SermonAudio.
No further comments are permitted for this news item.

News Item12/6/2020 3:21 PM
Dr. Jim is not Dr. Tim | Yonder, Nebraska  Find all comments by Dr. Jim is not Dr. Tim
Great wisdom and love from Quiet Christian once again.

Dr. Tim, I hope you know I’m just messing with you and Jim in good fun.

56

News Item12/6/2020 3:13 PM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
Hey Tim, I hope you will consider what I gave you. I know we have had differences in the past, and I want to apologize to you for my rudeness towards you.
I know sister MS and I have given a list of sermon recommendations on another thread, I hope you may consider listening to one or two of them.
55

News Item12/6/2020 3:01 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
This is sort of out of context – sorry.

But since the article used the term radical feminist; let me say this. A radical feminist is on the left side of a bookshelf and a conservative/evangelical feminist is on the right side. (the bookshelf concept is not my own) But, both are on the same bookshelf. We tend to excuse the right side and criticize or recognize the left side. In reality, the left side doesn’t confuse the body of Christ, but the right side often does.

Better said; the left side is a wolf and the right side is a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

P.S.

Amen Pilgrim. I have been blessed also by our exchanges and I have learned much from you over the years.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I'm sure that both of us fully adhere to the above. And when I write something that might seem to disagree with the above, you are kind enough to let me explain.

54

News Item12/6/2020 2:56 PM
Dr. Tim | Way Down Yonder  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
If only I could convert some of the manure on here into useable fertilizer!
53

News Item12/6/2020 2:52 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
Frank wrote:
She has no argument against what we have written, but she either ignores it or sets up strawman arguments; just like you said. She even brought up the pope again. You have often stated that is a dead religion, but she persists.
She cannot be Jesus’ servant because Jesus was in fact a man. And of course the apostle Paul was a misogynist.
Yes brother, I would say that most understand her real agenda, but few speak out against it. But when Jim from Lincoln says what he says, they are prompt in their criticism.
They either don't recognize evangelical feminism or support it. Why else be apathetic?
I deleted my former post and now have posting it again, so I can add this. I have never heard you once say that you are trusting your salvation to any work you have done or are doing. I thought everyone knew and understood this:
Philippians 2:13 “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
Frank, you and I have been emailing each other for a long time now, and it has been a blessed experience. I have read several of your articles, and I know that you ascribe everything you are to the grace of God, and his working in you. Phil 2:13 says it all.
52

News Item12/6/2020 2:45 PM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
The Gospel is about Christ and His finished work. John Calvin is not the author or originator of truth, he is the golden calf of Reformed Calvinism. This is another branch of Satan's church, it's subtlety is far more deceptive than, say, Roman Catholicism, even though they both fit under the umbrella of mystery Babylon.
Christ is the heart of the bible, He is revealed throughout. He is to be exalted, not Christ plus x,y,and z. Christ died to save His sheep, this is found in His word. Calvin does not reveal this, the Spirit teaches this. The traditions of men always taint the truth of God's word by adding their own thoughts/works. Example, Calvin's infant baptism. That is a work added from Roman Catholicism, it taints the true Gospel and makes it accursed.
Christ saves sinners, He is the surety. He isn't simply 'offered', He accomplished the redemption of and for His people. He is the propitiation/satisfaction for His people.

'But God demonstrates His love to "us", that of us being still sinners, Christ died for "us".' Romans 5:8
Paul says 'We preach Christ crucified' - why? What is the significance of 'Christ crucified'?

51

News Item12/6/2020 2:32 PM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
Now don't forget folks that Christ Jesus spoke and taught in terms of calvinism.
In point of fact it would not be entirely wrong to call Christ a calvinist.

TULIP of course confirms the teaching of Christ as well as the doctrine of Scripture.

That is the 'truth' about sovereignty and omnipotence.

Articulating the Gospel is in fact teaching the truth and doctrines of Scripture, according to calvinism.
Anything else would simply not be truth and would not be calvinism.

Quote:-
"The Bible, as revelation of God, teaches the following facts of basic significance to the Calvinistic system: that God, Who has revealed Himself in His Word, is Sovereign over all things, and that God differs essentially from all things created by Him; that as regards religion, or the relation of God to His image-bearer, man, it holds this to be of the nature of a covenant, and as such was already specially revealed to original man in the state of righteousness; that the world today does not exist in a pure state but is fallen in sin. Furthermore, regarding the fallen world, the Bible maintains: that man is totally depraved and that the world, over which God placed him as ruler, exists today in a corrupt state as a result of sin;" (Henry Meeter)

50

News Item12/6/2020 2:31 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John Lee wrote:
Everything you said below is true. Yes, we are Jesus’ servants or we don’t belong to Him. I wonder how many times the word servant or bond slave was used in the NT. And how those terms can be misunderstood is the biggest mystery. She has no argument against what we have written, but she either ignores it or sets up strawman arguments; just like you said. She even brought up the pope again. You have often stated that is a dead religion, but she persists.

She cannot be Jesus’ servant because Jesus was in fact a man. And of course the apostle Paul was a misogynist.

Yes brother, I would say that most understand her real agenda, but few speak out against it. But when Jim from Lincoln says what he says, they are prompt in their criticism.

They either don't recognize evangelical feminism or support it. Why else be apathetic?

I deleted my former post and now have posting it again, so I can add this. I have never heard you once say that you are trusting your salvation to any work you have done or are doing. I thought everyone knew and understood this:

Philippians 2:13 “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”

49

News Item12/6/2020 2:24 PM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
The elect follow Christ, we never look to 'self'. Look to CHRIST ALONE!!
The below is spot on--
"By Judgments understand, the judgment of the great Whore, as it is called in Revelation the 17th; namely, hypocrisy, or man’s confidence in his own works, which hath made all the kings of the earth drunk with the wine of her fornications; namely, hath bewitched all forms of religion to trust in their own works, and not in the living God; or to join something with Christ; as the Galatians were bewitched to join Circumcision and the keeping of the Law; and now all forms are bewitched to join works of merit, or good endeavors, great zeal, and wisdom, or covenant keeping, right baptizing, right communion, right speaking and acting, as other holy men have done, or the like; anything that Christ may not be all; and therefore this hypocrisy is called Mystery, Babylon the Great, the mother of whoredom, and of all abominations of the earth; for she hath been in all professors of religions, and have corrupted all Administrations of God, &c., and therefore that judgments of God be poured out upon the carnal mind, in which she lives and acts, is to the servants of God sweeter than honey, and more to be desired than much fine gold." http://supralapsarian.com/Richard_Coore.htm
48

News Item12/6/2020 2:09 PM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
John 3:16 in context. Christ was addressing Nicodemus, a religious Jew. What was their mindset? God was a God of the JEWS only. So, Christ teaches Nicodemus, that 'God loved the world in this way, He 'gave' His only Son that 'all the believing', for the original is 'pas ho pisteuon', which means all the believing. The translators chose a poor translation 'whosoever' which doesn't even fit the original wording. All the believing would not perish, but have eternal life. Here's how you can determine who God loves and who He saves- 'all the believing' refer to both Jew and Gentile sinners called by God to Christ. These are the 'world' John references to, they are also the ones God loves, the proof is that He 'gave' His Son for 'all the believing'.

Avoid Calvin like the plague, he taught error, he was a universalist and an Arminian, as his commentary testifies to - 'Our Lord Jesus suffered for all, and there is neither great nor small who is not inexcusable today, for we can obtain salvation through him...Let us remember, on the other hand, that while life is promised universally to all who believe in Christ, still faith is not common to all.' https://calvinandcalvinism.wordpress.com/2007/08/29/john-calvin-on-john-316/
****Follow CHRIST****, NOT Calvin, Arminius,Graham,etc.

47

News Item12/6/2020 2:03 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
Frank wrote:
What a wonderful thought Pilgrim. I had not even pondered the sanctification thought, but it certainly explains our post salvific walk with the Lord. Praise His holy name.
Frank, I love that expression "post salvific walk with the Lord". Amen, daily walking with him, spending time in his word (being sanctified through the word), spending time in intercession and prayer, serving him with a sacrificial heart, worshipping him who has done all needful.

Yep! Praise the Lord!

I see that LB has erected some more strawmen to knock down. Has she been reading a book called, "How to build strawmen in an argument and then knock them down again"? Actually, it is deliberate lies on her part, and everyone else on these boards knows it. Perhaps she doesn't realise these posts are seen worldwide, so that she can glory in her shame?

46

News Item12/6/2020 2:01 PM
The Quiet Christian  Find all comments by The Quiet Christian
O Lord, thank You that You have such mercy for Your fallen creatures that You put on our skin, lived out lives, and then died on our behalf. We are all really just tares and wolves, O Lord, tearing at one another in disagreement as if we could know You better than our brother or sister. Nay, Lord, but You know us. And in spite of who we are and our deep indwelling sinfulness, You love us anyway and always have. Please, O Lord, have mercy on us and relieve us of our sins so wr may not burden each other with them anymore. In Jesus' name, Amen.
45

News Item12/6/2020 1:59 PM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
Michael Hranek wrote:
For God so loved the WORLD that He gave His Only Begotten Son that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Since He emphasized WHOSOEVER I will too
Michael;
Long time since I've spoken with you MH.
Hope all is well with you.

Now "whosoever" obviously cannot mean everybody on the planet - so there is a selection and only the elect are saved.

Whosoever "believeth" again cannot mean everybody since only the elect receive the gift of God which is 'faith'

So Calvinism is accurately interpreting the Word of God as usual Michael.

You really must make friends with John Calvin, Michael.

44

News Item12/6/2020 1:55 PM
Michael Hranek | outside the clinic  Find all comments by Michael Hranek
Dr. Tim wrote:
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Michael, there are a number of very learned scholars on this forum who have become so educated that rather than believing the scriptures, they attempt to explain that they really don’t mean what they say.

Dr. Tim
May the Lord greatly bless you in your faith and ministry. I heard what you have said.

Applying and expanding on a quote from Ronald Reagan:

The problem with Liberals, Leftists, Marxists, Legalists and Apostates is not that they are ignorant BUT that they know so much that simply is not true.

Thank God! He has given us the Bible, His Holy Word, so we can know the Truth forever settled in Heaven for ourselves no matter what "popes, protestant or catholic demand we believe"

Whew! I got rambling there

43

News Item12/6/2020 1:53 PM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
I was referring to you and your buddy, not James. Since it came from me, I think I know who I am referring to. Are you now without sin Frank? Are you perfect in what YOU do?
I gave Christ's definition on repentance, but the stony heart cannot comprehend it. Instead, the natural man insists upon his idolatrous ways to earn merit. you don't understand who God is, what He demands - perfection - and how no man can meet that standard try as he may.
****The elect battle their flesh, yes***. Why? To earn merit? To be saved? To show evidence proof? No, reverence for Him, love for Him, is why, and even with that, HE must give us strength....
Tag teaming against those who mark/call out heresies/false teachings is the natural response of fallen man. There has to be revenge, there has to be belittlement, name calling, i.e., 'feminist' 'antinomian'. The sin nature insists upon it,yet these same kind deny they 'sin'. You don't even know all the sin within your own hearts. Does God accept anything from the sinner as perfect? Again, no. 'for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.' Phil. 2:13
The male ego is a prideful sinful thing, when it is struck against, ugliness results. Pride is present in the heart of EVERY sinner.
42

News Item12/6/2020 1:52 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John Lee wrote:
Yes and amen bro. And I would say the same, as I have been for over a decade here on SA.
All the preachers worth being called preachers on SA, and they are in the majority, always, and I mean always, tie together the two doctrines of Justification and Sanctification and see them as one, though separate.
Justification is a work of God in the heart of sinners, making them saints by faith in Christ crucified. This is the only way of being made justified (declared righteous), because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and justification is by faith alone in Christ alone. (cf. Reformation's Five Solas.)
But justification is never alone. Always it is accompanied by sanctification, because Jesus Christ is our sanctification, as well as our wisdom, and righteousness, and redemption. If you have the Lord, you have all these four also.
No sanctification, no redemption. No wisdom, no redemption. And so on.
LB is a sinner rather than a saint? I believe it. The evidence is there. She proves her point.
What a wonderful thought Pilgrim. I had not even pondered the sanctification thought, but it certainly explains our post salvific walk with the Lord. Praise His holy name.
41

News Item12/6/2020 1:47 PM
John Lee | Wales  Find all comments by John Lee
Frank wrote:

Yes brother, and when we say this they ignore it.
And let me add this; everything that pertained to my salvation was from above; not from me.
Yes and amen bro. And I would say the same, as I have been for over a decade here on SA.

All the preachers worth being called preachers on SA, and they are in the majority, always, and I mean always, tie together the two doctrines of Justification and Sanctification and see them as one, though separate.

Justification is a work of God in the heart of sinners, making them saints by faith in Christ crucified. This is the only way of being made justified (declared righteous), because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and justification is by faith alone in Christ alone. (cf. Reformation's Five Solas.)

But justification is never alone. Always it is accompanied by sanctification, because Jesus Christ is our sanctification, as well as our wisdom, and righteousness, and redemption. If you have the Lord, you have all these four also.

No sanctification, no redemption. No wisdom, no redemption. And so on.

LB is a sinner rather than a saint? I believe it. The evidence is there. She proves her point.

40

News Item12/6/2020 1:39 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
James Thomas:

I can assure everyone that even though you are a man, you would not have misunderstood who LB was calling a wolf and a tare.

The fact that she felt she had to clarify that is in and of itself silliness.

39

News Item12/6/2020 1:34 PM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
My only desire is to warn of the wolves here, and to glorify God. As for James, he isn't the 'tare' I was referring to. "people are made to believe that if they keep clear of open Popery, they are free from antichrist; when at the same time, antichrist reigns as powerful in every other denomination, as in the Church of Rome. But the great deceivers are those that counterfeit the doctrine of Christ with more delusive art, and bring their inventions to a more apparent resemblance, to make them pass for realities...And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.” {Rev.11:7} But who is this beast? It is not men, kingdoms, or states; for however these may be corrupted with the stench of the bottomless pit, yet as men, or as powers, they did not proceed from thence. This is no other than the false Christ, or the darkness, false doctrines, false worship, false ideas of God, and false objects set up with a pompous appearance of devotion, religious zeal and formality, to stand in the place of the true Christ. {II Thes.2:4 J. Johnson
pulling verses from their context to 'prove' conditionalism doesn't fool the elect of God.
38

News Item12/6/2020 1:31 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John Lee wrote:
Yes, it is amazing, but antinomianism is making a comeback.
It neglects the fact that God reconciles sinners to himself, through Jesus Christ. The reason? Because sin separates us from God.
Shall we, who are saved, continue in sin?
All together now.....

Yes brother, and when we say the below they ignore it or say we are confused or say we are taking something out of context. Hate is a horrible thing and distorts thoughts.

And let me add this again; everything that pertained to my salvation was from above; not from me.

37
There are a total of 56 user comments displayedSubscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last




You've Got To See This
Pastor Joe Hillrich

Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06

Dr. James M. Phillips
#85 Paul's Experience of Grace

Acts From The Greek Text
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Don Green
Is Marriage Still Worth It?

Marriage and Courtship
Truth Community Church
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Mark S. Wisniewski
La Magia Abandonada

Hechos 2020 - Spanish
Iglesia Nueva Obra en...
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Leading a Post-COVID Church

Free eBook by Thom Rainer - A Past­or's Guide to Min­istry Chall­enges & Opp­ort­un­it­ies
https://churchanswers.com/l..

Sermon:
Why Chafer Seminary?
Dr. Andrew Woods




SA UPDATES NEWSLETTER Sign up for a weekly dose of personal thoughts along with interesting content updates. Sign Up
FOLLOW US


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
ChurchOne App
Watch
Android
ChurchOne App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
2-MINUTE TIPS

NEWS
Weekly Newsletter
Unsubscribe
Staff Picks | RSS
SA Newsroom
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Stats
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Webcast | Multicast
Solo Sites New!
Internationalization
Listen Line
Events | Notices
Transcription
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Upload via RSS
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox

SUPPORT
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us
Stories
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Privacy Policy

TECH TALK
Tech Talk Zoom // Episode 06
Copyright © 2021 SermonAudio.