Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream
 
SITE NOTICE | MORE..
Internationalization, Reaching the World! It is our dream to be able to reach every major language group on the planet with great preaching. We've taken a big step towards that goal. You need to read about it here! ! .. click for more info!
 

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -12 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  1/21/2020
TUESDAY, JAN 14, 2020  |  45 comments
Gov’t officials warn against Christian health cost-sharing ministries
Officials in Washington have ordered Trinity Healthshare, one of the nation’s leading Christian health cost-sharing ministries, to permanently stop insuring people in that state and pay a $150,000 fine for failing to meet the legal definition of a healthcare sharing ministry under state law.

“Many consumers here and in other parts of the country thought they were buying a health insurance plan, only to find out that pre-existing and chronic conditions weren’t covered," Washington Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler said in a recent statement. "That resulted in many people facing thousands of dollars of debt for medical expenses they believed would be covered.”

The Christian Post reached out to Trinity Healthshare for comment multiple times for this report but was repeatedly directed to an automated messaging service by representatives. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

   01/20/20  |  Cult ‘anointed by God’ kills 7 in Panama jungle • 5 comments
   01/20/20  |  LGBTQ+ campaigners want Franklin Graham's UK tour cancelled • 8 comments
   01/19/20  |  Survey: Most Pastors Don't Connect World Events to Second... • 40 comments
   01/18/20  |  China creating ‘system of persecution for the future,’ Open... • 4 comments
   01/18/20  |  Religious publication celebrates history of DIY abortions • 29 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   01/21/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Internationalization, Reaching the World!
   01/20/20  |  Died: Jack Van Impe, Televangelist • 5 comments
   01/19/20  |  Trump administration tells schools they can't stop teachers or... • 21 comments
   01/13/20  |  Nebraska Governor Declares 'Day of Prayer' to End Abortion on... • 50 comments
   01/11/20  |  Iran Says It Unintentionally Shot Down Ukrainian Airliner • 23 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 45 user comment(s)
News Item1/20/2020 8:01 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 29 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
John UK wrote:
Mike, if the vegetables are organically grown, and are freshly dug, there is no doubt in my mind that in a strange way, if you eat them, they will make you feel somewhat better. This is God's plan, and it is a good one.
I certainly agree. The government experts here add fluoride to the water in our county to give us "strong teeth" This is totally bogus, but governments know sooo much about good health. I try to avoid contaminated food and water as much as possible. Helps to keep healthy and feel better, and avoid "healthcare" which is no healthcare at all, but sickness care. Just another fuzzy word to make us feel better about ourselves.
45

News Item1/20/2020 5:17 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 32 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
No
Thank you brother, explains much. I disagree, but will not take it any further.
44

News Item1/20/2020 4:47 AM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 33 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
John UK wrote:
Brother, do you believe then that there are some similarities between certain aspects of communism and the teaching of Jehovah in the OT and Jesus and the apostles in the NT?
No
43

News Item1/20/2020 4:45 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 33 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
John, at no time has this been a discussion about the merits of a government run healthcare. That’s a completely different topic that would be very difficult to cover in this type of forum given the character limitations. But you have described Cuba’s universal healthcare. UHC has the problem of limited resources and yes the wealthy are able to work around those limits and the not so wealthy are stuck dealing with those limits.
Brother, do you believe then that there are some similarities between certain aspects of communism and the teaching of Jehovah in the OT and Jesus and the apostles in the NT?
42

News Item1/19/2020 5:41 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 44 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
John, at no time has this been a discussion about the merits of a government run healthcare. That’s a completely different topic that would be very difficult to cover in this type of forum given the character limitations. But you have described Cuba’s universal healthcare. UHC has the problem of limited resources and yes the wealthy are able to work around those limits and the not so wealthy are stuck dealing with those limits.
41

News Item1/19/2020 4:21 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 45 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Bro US, I would be very interested to know which of the following you would like to see in the USA as a standard throughout.

1. The extremely rich can afford to buy their own physician, their own X-ray machines, dialysis machine, etc etc. If you're not extremely rich, tough.

2. The moderately rich middle classes, if they need to have their appendix out, can afford to go private and pay for their treatment because they can afford it. People that cannot afford it, tough.

3. People who can afford to pay health insurance, let them do so, because if they have a medical emergency and need treatment, it is there on tap, payed for by their insurance company. People that cannot afford the insurance premiums, tough.

4. People can entrust their healthcare to guv-funded enterprises (like the NHS), who supply funding from the guv coffers. Very poor people, or the long term sick, have their payments made by the guv, and receive benefits such as housing etc. Every UK citizen is eligible to access the full range of health care, including doctors, dentists, nurses, opticians etc etc.

5. Any other?

40

News Item1/19/2020 3:58 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 46 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
okay because i was mentioned in two comments, will respond.

The NHS has a number of funding sources that affect everyday purchases. There are Value added taxes (VAT) on items paid for by the consumer, business taxes that are passed on to the customer, exise fees on imports that are also passed onto the consumer and the high cost of fuel among those things that the public pay daily. Fuel alone adds to the cost of nearly everything as most products and services are delivered to the point of sale by vehicles. Transporters have to pay for the fuel and therefore include that into the delivery costs, which in turn is added to the cost of the item. The high fuel cost means all goods and services that are purchased have a higher cost due to paying for the fuel that is consumed in getting the product to market. Thus not only do you pay for fuel when you use public or private transportation, you also pay for it at restuarants, at various types of shops and stores, etc. It is part of everyday life. (no different over here)

So you have money that is part of daily expenses throughout the year paying for a portion of the NHS budget. Forgive me for not being able to say that something that is prepaid is "free" at the point of use.

39

News Item1/19/2020 1:16 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Posted 48 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
John UK wrote:
Sister B, there might have been just cause for upset, if Bro US really imagined and was portraying that folks in the UK really thought that the services provided by the NHS were somehow delivered without any cost to anyone.
... in which case, he would have been attempting to upset us, telling us in no uncertain terms that folks who think the NHS services are free, are without doubt fools.
But none of us in the UK say that the services are "free", but "free at the point of use". There is a world of difference between these two.
Surely, taxation always falls along such benefits.
Take care
38

News Item1/19/2020 11:58 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 50 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Mike wrote:
Maybe it's another word to be added to the fuzzy list, bro John. Until now I haven't engaged in this because I know how fruitless discussion can be when the common meaning of words isn't common. I was thinking that when I buy groceries, I might be tempted to make it seem innocuous if I said to myself, "Self, they are free at the point of use." After all, the point of use being the table, it doesn't cost me anything to actually eat them. But then I wonder if it would be for clarification, or in a strange way to make me somehow feel better? Is newspeak alive and well?
Mike, if the vegetables are organically grown, and are freshly dug, there is no doubt in my mind that in a strange way, if you eat them, they will make you feel somewhat better. This is God's plan, and it is a good one.
37

News Item1/19/2020 10:12 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 51 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
John UK wrote:
---
But none of us in the UK say that the services are "free", but "free at the point of use". There is a world of difference between these two.
Maybe it's another word to be added to the fuzzy list, bro John. Until now I haven't engaged in this because I know how fruitless discussion can be when the common meaning of words isn't common. I was thinking that when I buy groceries, I might be tempted to make it seem innocuous if I said to myself, "Self, they are free at the point of use." After all, the point of use being the table, it doesn't cost me anything to actually eat them. But then I wonder if it would be for clarification, or in a strange way to make me somehow feel better? Is newspeak alive and well?
36

News Item1/19/2020 4:45 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 57 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
B. McCausland wrote:
Nothing upsetting, Unprofitable, rather comical to observe your fixation.
Take care
Sister B, there might have been just cause for upset, if Bro US really imagined and was portraying that folks in the UK really thought that the services provided by the NHS were somehow delivered without any cost to anyone.

That would make UK folks out to be fools.

Mind you, the fact that he kept making the same point over and over, could point to him really thinking us to be fools, and he just wanted the world to know that. In which case, he would have been attempting to upset us, telling us in no uncertain terms that folks who think the NHS services are free, are without doubt fools.

But none of us in the UK say that the services are "free", but "free at the point of use". There is a world of difference between these two.

35

News Item1/18/2020 5:47 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Nothing upsetting, Unprofitable, rather comical to observe your fixation.
Take care
34

News Item1/18/2020 2:31 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts and examples, You also have a good day
Thank you brother. I am just so glad that there is no need of medics in heaven, for that there is no ageing, no pain, no afflictions, no infirmities, no death. The former things will have passed away, and there will be a whole new way of living. Every day there will be a good day, praise God!
33

News Item1/18/2020 10:01 AM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
John UK wrote:
Personally I think the National Health Service in the UK is most wonderful, so too is the Fire Service, so too is the Police Force, so too is the Army, Navy and Air Forces. These are all paid for by taxation. How else would you do it?
_________________
Bro US, I have already shown how for some people their medical treatment truly was free, because they were taking out more than they were putting in. Others will put in and take nothing out because they never need it. Therefore some will put in, and others will take out. Car insurance works in exactly the same way; it is compulsory, and some will never claim, others will claim a lot. I might put in £3,000 over ten years and after an accident my insurance company may have to pay out £500,000 to a third party. So I paid the first £3,000 but the rest of it was paid for by others. In other words, not by me.
Thanks for your thoughts and examples, You also have a good day
32

News Item1/18/2020 5:22 AM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Personally I think the National Health Service in the UK is most wonderful, so too is the Fire Service, so too is the Police Force, so too is the Army, Navy and Air Forces. These are all paid for by taxation. How else would you do it?
_________________

Bro US, I have already shown how for some people their medical treatment truly was free, because they were taking out more than they were putting in. Others will put in and take nothing out because they never need it. Therefore some will put in, and others will take out. Car insurance works in exactly the same way; it is compulsory, and some will never claim, others will claim a lot. I might put in £3,000 over ten years and after an accident my insurance company may have to pay out £500,000 to a third party. So I paid the first £3,000 but the rest of it was paid for by others. In other words, not by me.

31

News Item1/18/2020 5:19 AM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
B. McCausland wrote:
US
There is no harm if you wish to rant till you are blue about the ills of a welfare system.
However insisting that 'free at the point of use' is not literally true is ridiculous.
We all know it is financed somehow.
You are playing with words to rant on a topic.
Bye.....
None has been a rant on my part. I haven't said, that I can recall, a thing about the ills of a welfare system. My point, whether or not you choose to acknowledge it, is that your healthcare is not and never will be free at anytime. You pay for it. However this discussion does seem to be upsetting you, so will let the topic go. Good day day sister.

Adriel appreciate your humor brother, may you also have a good day.

30

News Item1/18/2020 4:42 AM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
US
There is no harm if you wish to rant till you are blue about the ills of a welfare system.
However insisting that 'free at the point of use' is not literally true is ridiculous.
We all know it is financed somehow.
You are playing with words to rant on a topic.
Bye.....
29

News Item1/17/2020 6:37 PM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
If I pay for a plane ticket online and then print it out and go to the airport to board my plane, when I go through security, the gates and board the plane I don’t pay any money at the point of use
If every journey by aircraft was free and the taxation collected paid for these flights; - Then that would be closer analogy to "free at the point of use."

Individual Paying for every personal procedure at the time of every visit to the doc is different from collective taxation running a national service.

This info is "Free at the point of use."
However you will still have to pay your electric bill to cover it.

28

News Item1/17/2020 5:06 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
The NHS, sister BMac is the one playing semantics, not I

If I pay for a plane ticket online and then print it out and go to the airport to board my plane, when I go through security, the gates and board the plane I don’t pay any money at the point of use . Would you say the airline is correct to come out and say my flight was free at the point of use? No, because I paid for it, in your case it is through fees, taxes, NI, at the gas pump,etc. Not free at any point

27

News Item1/17/2020 3:10 PM
John UK  Find all comments by John UK
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
• Show All Comments
Deuteronomy 15:11 KJV
(11)  For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.

It could be classified as a principle, of which God is the author. Note that God does not grumble about some being poor.

Before the NHS in the UK, only the well-to-do could afford a physician or dentist. The poor of society merely had to suffer their ailments, which often led to an early death. It is still like this in many countries of the world, where money-grubbers will not lift a finger to help the less fortunate.

26
There are a total of 45 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
The gospel according to Pete
needhim: "so true as this = gals 1:6-9 material; satan doesn't want to fight the..."
-1 hrs 15 
Cash, Plastic or Hand?
neil from tucson: " john for jesus neil from tucson.... the bible teaches it can..."
-1 hrs 16 
Mike Pence called ‘one of the most persecuted Christians in...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/will072316.php3..."
-1 hrs 





Hourly: His Identification as the Son
Dr. Mark Minnick
Bob Jones University
Staff Picks..

Dr. James M. Phillips
Charismatic Movement&Healing

The Near Cult Charismatic Move
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Event: Jan 24, 2020
Ordination & Installation Service of Mr...

Ballymena Free Presbyterian
Special Meeting
  LIVE Webcast Event!  

Sermon: CT Says Remove the President
Kevin Swanson

SPONSOR | 17,300+

SPONSOR




                   
ALL unsearchable riches are stored in the Divine Person of our Lord. ... Anonymous


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization New!
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories