Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -35 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  10/17/2019
THURSDAY, MAY 9, 2019  |  108 comments
After 40 years, 'megachurch' pastor slams Christianity and quits, deacon claims he had affair
Dave Gass, a former megachurch pastor who most recently led Grace Family Fellowship in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, has renounced his Christian faith as a system rife with abuse that caused him “mental and emotional breaks.”

A representative from his former church, however, has accused him of being an unrepentant adulterer.

Gass reportedly first made his announcement in a series of now protected tweets but not before they were copied and shared across multiple social media platforms.

“After 40 years of being a devout follower, 20 of those being an evangelical pastor, I am walking away from faith. Even though this has been a massive bomb drop in my life, it has been decades in the making,” he began in the thread before moving on to compare Scripture to Greek mythology. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

   10/14/19  |  Trump talks religious freedom, Kavanaugh, impeachment at Values... • 7 comments
   10/12/19  |  Beto O’Rourke says churches should lose tax-exempt status for... • 16 comments
   10/11/19  |  In-N-Out Owner Keeps Adding New Bible Verses to Packaging • 5 comments
   10/10/19  |  Planned Parenthood Announces $45 Million Plan To Defeat Trump • 12 comments
   10/09/19  |  Tennessee Gov. Declares Day of Prayer and Fasting: ‘Give Thanks... • 2 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS  locked  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 108 user comment(s)
News ItemSystem Notice
SermonAudio.com
This forum thread has been closed by SermonAudio.
No further comments are permitted for this news item.

News Item5/13/19 9:09 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
sc wrote:
John, please respond.
SC, I can give you my opinion, based upon scripture passages, and you can take it from there.

Matthew 19:7-9 KJV
(7)  They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
(8)  He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
(9)  And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

As I see it, the fornication clause is a discovery of unfaithfulness after betrothal but before marriage, and God permitted the "putting away" (divorce) of such. For example:

Matthew 1:19 KJV
(19)  Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

The reason Joseph is called 'her husband' is not because they are yet married, but because the betrothal is a binding arrangement and effectively married in God's eyes.
_________

Tim, I will answer your question next, if you can be patient, i.e. longsuffering (Galatians 5:22). Thank you.

108

News Item5/13/19 4:59 AM
sc  Find all comments by sc
John, please respond.Perhaps you missed it (I was responding to Dolores' Scripture for an acceptable reason for divorce but understand it to not be license to remarry. Correct?
:
It would look, Dolores, as adultery would be the only acceptable reason for divorce but I don't see it as license to remarry.
Of course, then we have many people who have remarried out of naivete or ignorance. I'm guessing that they should remain married and do follow what Scripture says from that point on...not divorcing and remarrying unless their present partner dies? Input again please. I'm glad that someone is listening, John.
It seems so easy for us to go our own way as along as the church approves or condones without being diligent and obedient to Scripture.
107

News Item5/13/19 2:38 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Dr. Tim wrote:
It would appear that some people would rather listen to a cold, dead fish expound the scriptures in a monotone than to hear a leather-lunged man of God lift up his voice like a trumpet—which is entirely scriptural, by the way—and proclaim that “thus saith the Lord” with passion and conviction. Of course such people would have cringed at the preachin of Jeremiah, John the Baptist, Peter, and even Christ Himself. Entirely too undignified, you know. Oh well, as they say, there’s no accounting for taste.
Tim, a PP can be a speaker who speaks in a very quiet voice, even in a monotone. I'm not sure what a "cold, dead fish" preacher is supposed to mean, but I'm sure he could be a PP also.

It has NOTHING to do with volume. Nor passion. Nor emotion. The late Ian Paisley had all three, but was not a PP preacher. Brother Paisley EXALTED the LORD JESUS CHRIST. I shall never forget when he preached at my church in Lowestoft at the church's anniversary. There was a reporter there from the local paper, and he said to me that he had never, ever heard the Lamb of God so exalted in that way before. And he was a worldly man, non Christian.

Tim, please at least try to understand what I'm saying.

106

News Item5/12/19 9:42 PM
Dr. Tim | Land of Cotton  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
105

News Item5/12/19 7:15 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
He that coveres a transgression seeks love;
but he that repeates a matter separates very friends.
104

News Item5/12/19 6:56 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
Where no wood is, there the fire goes out:
so ... the strife ...
103

News Item5/12/19 4:58 PM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
From John Newton on brotherly love...

The most eminent of these, by our Lord's express declaration, is brotherly love. "By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." No words could be plainer; and the consequence is equally plain, however hard it may bear upon any professors, that though they could speak with the tongues of angels, had the knowledge of all mysteries, a power of working miracles, and a zeal prompting them to give their bodies to be burned in defense of the truth; yet if they love not the brethren, they are but as sounding brass or tinkling cymbals: they may make a great noise in the church and in the world; they may be wise and able men, as the words are now frequently understood; they may pray or preach with great fluency; but in the sight of God their faith is dead, and their religion is vain.
http://www.gospelweb.net/JohnNewton/newtonlovetobrethren.htm

102

News Item5/12/19 4:41 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
No change in answer, I won’t fellowship with those that claim to be a long-time believer and promote the devils religion and his minions and ministers.
101

News Item5/12/19 4:35 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
MS wrote:
No Frank, changing monikers was not what I was referring to ( I have done that myself)
It is the acceptance and excusing of some on here who are clearly bent on being devisive with their babbling posts on RC heretics and known ecumenical crusaders such as Billy and Franklin Graham.
I modified my post. Check it out and see if you want to change your answer. I gotta go cook dinner. Yes, I am the primary cook in my house. :-)

Oh, the Grahams, the RCC and Madam Guyon were not part of this thread and were not brought up by me or John.

The reason I mentioned the moniker thing was John was called a hypocrisy when it happened.

100

News Item5/12/19 4:32 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
No Frank, changing monikers was not what I was referring to ( I have done that myself)
It is the acceptance and excusing of some on here who are clearly bent on being devisive with their babbling posts on RC heretics and known ecumenical crusaders such as Billy and Franklin Graham.
99

News Item5/12/19 4:19 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
MS wrote:
Quite disheartening to read these posts and to see the hypocrisy and decline of this forum..
MS, I hope you aren’t referring to JohnUK switching monikers to John Lee. I don’t know of anyone who was confused when he did that and he readily admitted it was him. Anyway, that certainly was not a case of hypocrisy. On one occasion I used a different moniker, but only once over the years and I don’t remember why I did it.

I remember when I was a youth and went to catholic confession. It had to be done a specific way that was acceptable to the priest who was listening to it. I had to confess it; he had to forgive it; and then he would give me a penance to say. Then I could say I was forgiven. It had to be pleasing to the one who called himself my father.

Since my salvation, I try to confess my sins, but only because I have grieved the Holy Spirit. Unlike the legalism of the RCC, Christ forgives me simply because He has already paid for that sin. The RCC wanted me to pay twice?

98

News Item5/12/19 4:16 PM
Dr. Tim | Land of Cotton  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
Connor recently mentioned an article in the Babylon Bee. Can’t say that I blame him. One could probably get as much spiritual edification from that source as from many of the comments posted here on SA.
You may as well give up, LB. He’s never apologized, and it doesn’t appear likely that he ever will. However, he does “forgive” us poor brainwashed mortals (who, of course, can’t help being the way we are because of all the Yee Haw preachers we listen to) when we point out his foibles, so I guess we must appreciate every little crumb that is thrown our way.
It would appear that some people would rather listen to a cold, dead fish expound the scriptures in a monotone than to hear a leather-lunged man of God lift up his voice like a trumpet—which is entirely scriptural, by the way—and proclaim that “thus saith the Lord” with passion and conviction. Of course such people would have cringed at the preachin of Jeremiah, John the Baptist, Peter, and even Christ Himself. Entirely too undignified, you know. Oh well, as they say, there’s no accounting for taste.
Move over, Connor. From now on, it’s the Bee for me.
97

News Item5/12/19 4:04 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
Quite disheartening to read these posts and to see the hypocrisy and decline of this forum..
96

News Item5/12/19 2:28 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John is having trouble posting, so he asked me to post this for him:

Frank wrote:
Brother John Lee!
There was a time in my “Christian” walk when I attended Pentecostal/Charismatic churches and totally believed in their movements. There was a time when I actually sent money to Jim Bakker ministries and other ministries that I now consider fraudulent. And, some of this took place even when I would not be considered to be a new Christian in Christ. From what I have heard about Madam Guyon, I would have probably embraced (past tense) her as well. All this is in the past, thank God for His guidance and mercy.
Hang in there brother and fellow pilgrim.
His post below!

I'm hanging in, Pilgrim, thank you brother.

I gave up mentioning Madame Guyon, oh, was it two years ago, and I would never have mentioned her ever again on SA threads. This was a genuine repentance (that is, a change of mind concerning mentioning her) and I don't know why anyone brought it up again, unless it was to stir the pot and cause trouble.

**I will never again mention Madame Guyon here on the threads, and I hope that satisfies some people.**

95

News Item5/12/19 1:59 PM
Just thinking | grapeland  Find all comments by Just thinking
John UK wrote:
..
The question is: Why is it that in America there are 10,001 different Christian denominations?
..
The figure of 10,001 is called, I think, a figure of speech, meaning a great number. In the UK, you often hear 'a hundred and one' ways to do something. Or an IFB might write a book and call it, "A thousand and One Ways to Disprove Calvinism".
Likely because of early experience with the English state church. Much better to have squabbles over the "proper" color of the carpet, or whether or not there be windows, or music, or the position of seating, etc, than to have one approved church. The worse thing today is not the multitudinous denominations, but the move toward the one world church. I'll take the 10001.
94

News Item5/12/19 12:37 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Brother John Lee!

There was a time in my “Christian” walk when I attended Pentecostal/Charismatic churches and totally believed in their movements. There was a time when I actually sent money to Jim Bakker ministries and other ministries that I now consider fraudulent. And, some of this took place even when I would not be considered to be a new Christian in Christ. From what I have heard about Madam Guyon, I would have probably embraced (past tense)her as well. All this is in the past, thank God for His guidance and mercy.

Hang in there brother and fellow pilgrim.

93

News Item5/12/19 12:08 PM
Dr. Tim | Land of Cotton  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
Yes, John, and He sees everything you say, too, not to mention everything you refuse to say—especially “I was wrong” and “I’m sorry.”
92

News Item5/12/19 12:05 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
[Removed by Moderator Beta]
91

News Item5/12/19 11:37 AM
Dr. Tim | Land of Cotton  Find all comments by Dr. Tim
John Yurich: All the problems in the world were caused by Democrats.”
Jim Lincoln: “All the problems in the world were caused by Republicans.”
John UK: “All the problems in the world were caused by independent fundamental Baptists.”
Satan: “I agree with John, Jim and John!”
90

News Item5/12/19 11:17 AM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
This is how ecumenism is birthed, "One thing you need to realise is that within Protestantism, numbers of Catholics from history are accepted as worthy of study for benefit, and some Catholic mystics have written hymns which I've no doubt you still sing in your own church, without giving it a second thought. So what exactly is your problem?" This is double speak.

Defending an RCC mystic just because Spurgeon did is no excuse. Spurgeon was fallible and should never be the reason why you accept wickedness and error. This song and dance from John has gone on for a long time. I did provide quotes from him on MG, but they were removed. So, when we attempt to point to his errors, they get removed...strange.

I have also provided, in the past, much proof and evidence of the dangers of MG, yet it fell on 'deaf ears'.

The runaround song and dance approach given when called into question is evidence of rotten fruit. There is never, ever a biblical reason to defend and support evil, like RCC mystics or ecumenical evangelists. Do NOT overlook this danger and do NOT continue to call an unrepentant sinner 'brother' or 'pilgrim' lest you be led down that ecumenical road.

89
There are a total of 108 user comments displayedSubscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 | last
Last PostTotal
Kim Kardashian, kids baptized as Kanye West confirms he 'got...
john for jesus from atl: "i think baptism has caused much division within the..."
-7 min 17 
Federal judge strikes down Obama mandate requiring doctors to...
dr. tim from way down yonder: "y’all remember obama, don’t you ? he was the..."
-1 hrs 
Franklin Graham: 'Socialists Have Made It Very Clear That They...
dr. tim from way down yonder: "jim wrote, “graham is more dangerous than..."
-1 hrs 



From Eternity to Eternity
Dr. James M. Phillips

Paul Washer
Applying Romans 12

Discipleship
Biblical Restoration
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Don Green
An Introduction to the Church

Truth Community Church
Midweek Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Stephen MacKenzie
Can Gays Be Saved?

Romans
Fishers of Men Bible...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon: Worldwide Economic Cataclysm
Kevin Swanson

SPONSOR | 14,100+

SPONSOR




                   
He hides our unrighteousness with His righteousness. ... Henry Smith


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Solo Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories