Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -13 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  9/18/2019
TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2018  |  94 comments
Clinton Voters Twice as Likely to Leave Evangelicalism as Trump Voters

Recent research from Paul Djupe, Jake Neiheisel, and Anand Sokhey shows that over the last 15 years, people who disagreed with the political leanings of their clergy and congregations were much more likely to start skipping services or stop attending altogether. Their research before and after the 2016 election found that disagreement over Trump in evangelical churches sent a number of members heading for the exits.

In her new book, From Politics to the Pews, University of Pennsylvania professor Michele Margolis argues that partisan identities become fixed in early adulthood, a time when people tend to take a break from religion. When they consider coming back later in their 20s and 30s, they align their religion with their political identity. Typically, Democrats will stay away, and Republicans will select a Republican-aligning church.

So is evangelicalism really losing members due to ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianitytoday.com

   09/18/19  |  Pope urges world leaders to sign 'Global Pact' for 'new humanism' • 1 comments
   09/17/19  |  Religions Around the World Introduce Robotic ‘Priests’ • 4 comments
   09/16/19  |  Freedom at risk of being 'lost' in Hong Kong, says pastor • 6 comments
   09/16/19  |  Kim Kardashian tells 'The View' Kanye West is 'born again, saved... • 9 comments
   09/15/19  |  New York City to repeal ban on gay 'conversion therapy' • 5 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   09/17/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Enjoy Lamplighter Theatre on SermonAudio! • 1 comments
   09/17/19  |  Democrats Unanimous Forcing Schools To Let Male Athletes Compete... • 13 comments
   09/17/19  |  North Korean propaganda video: Christians are 'spies' on... • 2 comments
   09/15/19  |  Saudi Oil Attack: This Is the Big One • 5 comments
   09/12/19  |  'Historic milestone': Senate confirms 150th Trump judicial... • 10 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 94 user comment(s)
News Item5/4/18 8:03 PM
Connor7  Find all comments by Connor7
Been Watching, your comment really goes against your argument, if you say, "What if Trump..." Then you could not really support any president or political leader because he/she "Could be paving the way" for something else, you could not support the founding fathers, any president.
94

News Item5/4/18 7:24 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Watcher, not looking for your response unless you wish. Just wanted to add my widows mite.

One cannot imagine what happened in Germany occurring here. Our Constitution prevents anything like what Hitler did from happening here.

It would be hard to live life in light of what unforeseen things might happen. Whether it is a choice to eat a meal that we later regret or buy a product that turns out to be lemon or take a job that becomes a disappointment. Not only are we not given the spirit of fear but to live in fear of what might could be isn't always rational. Sure, we by God's grace use wisdom, we don't touch a hot stove or run out into traffic for a reason. The prudent man foresees evil and hides himself and we are to look to the Lord for guidance and His Word for direction. But we cannot, in my opinion, avoid all ill things that may or may not happen in the future due to the choices we make. Making mistakes is part of life.

93

News Item5/4/18 2:56 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Adriel wrote:
Thanks Lurker.
Alls well at this end. Just took on the highly dangerous roll of looking after the grandkids for a while.
But I'm still alive thus far.
Glad to hear it, brother.

Grandkids.... aren't they great? But they can wear us old folk out. Hope your recuperation goes well.

92

News Item5/4/18 1:13 PM
Been Watching | North America  Find all comments by Been Watching
Connor7 wrote:
I still can't get over the "God help you if Trump becomes a Hitler" because Been Watching has, I doubt, done any self reflection on the implications of his viewpoint, hope he comes back on and that he will defend his position.
This is my last comment on this subject (I know I said that before, but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment). I have prayed about this extensively and feel impressed to say the following. Hopefully everyone can at least understand where I'm coming from.

What did I mean by my statement?

Besides Hitler's beliefs and lifestyle, he brought much good out of Germany. He got them back on their feet. He restored the economy and was a great shot in the arm for the country. But...oh but he was preparing. He was working behind the scenes to pave the way for his dreaded third Reich.

Could Trump be paving the way for something?

Could Trump be working toward an end that might make those who voted for him quite remorseful one day? Imagine those who voted for Hitler initially? Imagine their remorse when some of them voted for him because he was the lesser evil?

As ripples in a pond affect everything on the surface of the water, so does our actions affect everything they come in contact with until the en

91

News Item5/4/18 10:23 AM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
Lurker wrote:
I was concerned for a while as you stopped posting for several weeks. Everything okay with you and yours?
Thanks Lurker.
Alls well at this end. Just took on the highly dangerous roll of looking after the grandkids for a while.
But I'm still alive thus far.
90

News Item5/3/18 2:45 PM
NeedHim  Find all comments by NeedHim
John Y & Jim, say in love, towards you all. As I amn’t ashamed of the gospel or of declaring of, If one thinks, they are owed grace. They aren’t saved from God to God amen!

Spurgeon; God helps those who can’t help themselves.”

Spurgeon; You will never glory in God till first of all God has killed your glorying in yourself.”

Spurgeon; The nearer a man lives to God, the more intensely has he to mourn over his own evil heart.”

Spurgeon; You can’t slander human nature; it is worse than words can paint it.”

89

News Item5/3/18 2:33 PM
NeedHim  Find all comments by NeedHim
I will take President Trump any day over Hillary, as voters choose who they wanted in office. As both are equally created in the image of God. As those who are outside of Christ are in dier need of experiencing, what a transformation of a spiritual heart of flesh means to one. In knowing Christ crucified through spiritual adoption, that is from up above alone amen.

John Y; The President is absolutely wrong; Rom 3:23, Pro 20:6, V-9.

After all the truth from scriptures that have been given to you in love, you need psychological for your defense of Rome!

Trump announced that he has never asked God for forgiveness because he doesn’t really do anything that would require it. This is problematic from a Christian perspective on several levels.

Some good points made in the article; https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/march-web-only/theology-of-donald-trump.html

88

News Item5/3/18 1:46 PM
My Own 2 cents  Find all comments by My Own 2 cents
John Yurich Wrote:
"Any Christian who would state that Trump is immoral is in need of psychological help."

Umm, nobody needs any "psychological help" to see that Trump was standing in front of an Playboy banner when he was campaigning.

It's so easy to understand he's immoral, it stink's.

87

News Item5/3/18 1:10 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Adriel wrote:
I completely agree with you Lurker. Well said.
Politics today has become vindictive and contemptuous rather than plain old partition of ideologies. (Same in UK)
PS: I hope you are behaving yourself these days.
Behaving? Depends on what you've heard.

Glad to see you posting again. I was concerned for a while as you stopped posting for several weeks. Everything okay with you and yours?

86

News Item5/3/18 1:04 PM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
Lurker wrote:
Support? Why introduce vague language into the discussion? I "voted" for Trump but there are many things about the man, past and present, that I can't support or endorse. But I can look beyond those things because I voted for his campaign promises and it is only those promises that have a chance of becoming the law of the land.
It is quite unfair and dishonest to point out Trump's shortcomings, for they are many, and imply those who voted for him are actually okay with his pitiful lifestyle choices. Imo, as a man, he is a disgusting figure but if he follows through with his campaign promises, he will be much better than Hillary could ever have been.
I completely agree with you Lurker. Well said.

Politics today has become vindictive and contemptuous rather than plain old partition of ideologies. (Same in UK)

PS: I hope you are behaving yourself these days.

85

News Item5/3/18 12:34 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Trump has a great moral character because he is a conservative and a Christian.
84

News Item5/3/18 12:30 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Christopher000 wrote:
I don't support the man's past or present principles, or lack thereof, etc. I'm not sure why this even needs to be explained, frankly.
It doesn't need to be explained to reasonable people, Chris. But there are some (Jim L. comes to mind) who care nothing about being reasonable. They are the "Never Trumpers" and will do anything to obstruct his conservative agenda including twisting of facts, assigning guilt by association, spinning and outright lies. Bleeding heart, knee jerk liberals who hate conservative thought and would be downright giddy right now if Hillary had won the election.

The only reason I even spoke up in this thread is there are those who say it is unchristian to vote for a man like Trump (Jim L.) and others who say it is unbiblical to vote at all. Nonsense. Take your argument up with the apostle Paul. Acts 22:2-29

83

News Item5/3/18 12:27 PM
Connor7  Find all comments by Connor7
I still can't get over the "God help you if Trump becomes a Hitler" because Been Watching has, I doubt, done any self reflection on the implications of his viewpoint, hope he comes back on and that he will defend his position.
82

News Item5/3/18 12:19 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Trump is the greatest president since Reagan. And Trump has a better moral character than Obama and every other Democrat has. Any Christian who would state that Trump is immoral is in need of psychological help.
81

News Item5/3/18 12:08 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Lurker Wrote:
"...It is quite unfair and dishonest to point out Trump's shortcomings, for they are many, and imply those who voted for him are actually okay with his pitiful lifestyle choices."

I think you nailed it right there, Lurker, and that seems to be the disconnect. We're to support kings and rulers insofar as in keeping with God's ways. We don't support their wickedness, but God can use the wicked for good, and its those good things that I support...the appointments of conservative judges, a pro-life stand, and a couple of other things that would be the complete opposite if another candidate had won. I don't support the man's past or present principles, or lack thereof, etc. I'm not sure why this even needs to be explained, frankly.
JaG, you had a valid, general point, and I hope I covered my view on it.

80

News Item5/3/18 11:20 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Just a guy wrote:
Yes but. Stalin and Hitler were both also divinely appointed by God. It doesn't mean we should support them.
(Not that Trump is even close to Hitler or Stalin😉).
Support? Why introduce vague language into the discussion? I "voted" for Trump but there are many things about the man, past and present, that I can't support or endorse. But I can look beyond those things because I voted for his campaign promises and it is only those promises that have a chance of becoming the law of the land.

It is quite unfair and dishonest to point out Trump's shortcomings, for they are many, and imply those who voted for him are actually okay with his pitiful lifestyle choices. Imo, as a man, he is a disgusting figure but if he follows through with his campaign promises, he will be much better than Hillary could ever have been.

79

News Item5/3/18 11:00 AM
Just a guy | Mississippi  Find all comments by Just a guy
Christopher000 from Rhode Island writes:
Thanks US, and I would think so. My comment wasn't even to 1517, but just a general one for anyone who grumbles, etc., that Trump was elected President. He's there because he's suppose to be...that was the plan. Barak OBama was elected an American President, because that was the plan, etc. We don't vote for a wrong person and foul up God's plans...they always work out just perfectly, even though we don't see the bigger picture. He's supreme, and doing just fine.

Yes but. Stalin and Hitler were both also divinely appointed by God. It doesn't mean we should support them.
(Not that Trump is even close to Hitler or Stalin😉).

78

News Item5/3/18 10:50 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks US, and I would think so. My comment wasn't even to 1517, but just a general one for anyone who grumbles, etc., that Trump was elected President. He's there because he's suppose to be...that was the plan. Barak OBama was elected an American President, because that was the plan, etc. We don't vote for a wrong person and foul up God's plans...they always work out just perfectly, even though we don't see the bigger picture. He's supreme, and doing just fine.
77

News Item5/3/18 10:49 AM
Connor7  Find all comments by Connor7
Penned, I'm not sure what you're getting at, can you clarify your point?
76

News Item5/3/18 10:30 AM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Given Watchers previous posts in other threads I am sure he would agree to God’s hand in placing Trump in office. That does not appear to be his beef , so to speak
75
There are a total of 94 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 | last
Last PostTotal
SermonAudio Tip: Enjoy SermonAudio via Chromecast on your TV!
healthandfitness from pakistan: "this article is very good easy to understand..."
-1 hrs 74 
North Korean propaganda video: Christians are 'spies' on...
citizen from usa: "there are two kingdoms; one is kingdom of god & the other is the..."
-2 hrs 
Religions Around the World Introduce Robotic ‘Priests’
citizen from usa: "prep for the beast false prophet?"
-2 hrs 


Barry Spears
The Broken Ships

Break Every Chain Tent Rally
Special Meeting
Redeeming Blood Ministries
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Hourly: The Cure For Judgmentalism
Richard Caldwell Jr.
Founders Baptist Church
Staff Picks..

Rev. Arnoud T. Vergunst
Marriage Enrichment (4) Him..

Marriage Enrichment
Netherlands Reformed
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Event: Oct 11-13, 2019
2019 Springfield Bible Conference

"The Glory of Christ"
Conference
Faith Bible Church

Sermon:
Here's Hope For All!
Dr. Andy Bloom

SPONSOR | 4,700+

SPONSOR




                   
Everyone who is a man of God has omnipotence as his guardian. ... C. H. Spurgeon


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories