Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

9,399 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
DEC 13, 2018
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local & Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -38 min
Top Sermons
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | Fridays | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  12/13/2018
Choice News SATURDAY, NOV 11, 2017  |  42 comments
Ex-Facebook president admits he helped build a monster

Sean Parker, the first president of Facebook, has a disturbing warning about the social network: "God only knows what it's doing to our children's brains."

Parker isn't the only tech figure to express disillusionment and worry by what they helped create. Tristan Harris, a former Google employee, has been outspoken in his criticism of how tech companies' products hijack users' minds.

"If you're an app, how do you keep people hooked? Turn yourself into a slot machine," he wrote in a widely shared Medium post in 2016. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.businessinsider.com

   12/12/18  |  Australia Confirms the Move of Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem • 3 comments
   12/12/18  |  San Francisco Creates World’s First Ever Transgender Cultural... • 5 comments
   12/12/18  |  'Truth isn't truth' tops list of notable quotes in 2018 • 3 comments
   12/11/18  |  Christian groups win Obamacare birth control battle
   12/11/18  |  Voyager 2 probe moves into interstellar space • 15 comments
MORE RELATED ( SOCIETY ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/08/18  |  Austin, Texas City Code Could Force Churches to Hire LGBTQ... • 29 comments
   12/08/18  |  More than half of global population now online • 4 comments
   12/08/18  |  CBC: Canadians should have ‘fewer’ children to stop ‘climate... • 7 comments
   12/05/18  |  Macron makes U-turn on climate change fuel-tax increases • 10 comments
   12/01/18  |  Former President George H.W. Bush dead at 94 • 62 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   11/16/18  |  SermonAudio Tip: New Sermon Dashboard for Managing Sermons! • 15 comments
   11/08/18  |  10,000 Gospels of John to Burlington NC • 3 comments
   10/27/18  |  SermonAudio Tip: Fresh New Shirts, New Look, New Feel!
   10/11/18  |  SermonAudio Tip: Audio Upload Improvements & Developments
   09/20/18  |  SermonAudio Tip: Building a Better Sermon Video Player! • 6 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
   12/13/18  |  Hundreds Accuse Independent Baptist Pastors of Abuse • 5 comments
   12/13/18  |  Vatican No. 3 Cardinal George Pell Convicted on Charges He... • 1 comments
   12/13/18  |  Leading college faculty union says belief in only 2 genders is... • 2 comments
   12/13/18  |  Pope Francis to edit Lord's Prayer • 4 comments
   12/12/18  |  Australia Confirms the Move of Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem • 3 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 42 user comment(s)
News Item11/14/17 6:28 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Thanks Lurker, US, Mike, and Kev. Interesting takes and conversation carried over from the sola scriptura thread, it seems. This speaks to a point I had made about how vastly different we see and interpret certain things.
I think it's real important, and not something everyone is capable of, to listen and consider what each has to say, I mean, really consider and really listen. A closed mind is a dangerous thing, and you might be right on this, but wrong elsewhere because you just knew you were right and refuse to look at what others have to say on those things you've already figured out. We're always learning and God reveals things as He sees fit. Talking at people is a symptom of a closed mind, and prior indoctrination is hard to break free from, even impossible, once it's been closed to further teaching and/or correction.
Anyway, good conversation.
42

News Item11/13/17 9:46 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Kev wrote:
Who were all those letters that you mentioned in your first part of your comment addressed to? Lost sinners or professing Christians UPS?
They were addressed to those who WERE lost sinners. Do we know if any of the Apostles specifically told a lost sinner of the love of God in a witnessing situation, I would say those Scriptures indicate they did. It is, however, pure speculation as to whether they did or did not, so the point is moot.

Act 2:39-41  For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.  Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

The exhortation that mercy (an act of love on God's part) could be found was given to all present, only those in whom God worked effectually were numbered in those that gladly received His Word.

Point is, you don't know if the person to whom your giving the gospel is ordained unto eternal life(and therefore loved by God) or not, so you have no basis to NOT tell them that. It's truth (or not)to their heart is God's work

41

News Item11/13/17 9:06 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Kev, 1 Cor 3:1,2 pertain to carnal Christians, not to elect and non-elect unbelievers.
40

News Item11/13/17 8:53 PM
Kev | US  Find all comments by Kev
Mike what does the scripture say about your comment.

1 Corinthians 3

3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Do you give spiritual meat to an infant?

Who were all those letters that you mentioned in your first part of your comment addressed to? Lost sinners or professing Christians UPS?

Trust me what I tell new Christians or unbelievers is not what I talk about on here UPS. I use the above verses as a guide about what to talk about in those situations.

39

News Item11/13/17 8:52 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Kev, read Romans 5:8, read Ephesians 2:4,5, read Titus 3:3-7, read I John 4:10 and then tell me there are no examples where the apostles told somebody that God loves them personally WHILE they were yet sinners.

You tell individuals they are separated from God because of their sin. You let them know those sins have eternal consequences. But you don't leave them in despair. You let them know there is hope, God in mercy and love made a way for them to not perish in their sins. If they repent, if they flee to Christ to save them from the wrath to come there is hope.

Whether God loves the impenitent lost has no relevance in the declaration of the gospel. There is a reason it is called good news. We DON'T KNOW if God will have mercy on those to whom the gospel is given, we know we didn't deserve it and yet it was extended. We don't know "if it may not be true", it pure presumption to assume it is not.

Did Peter not tell the whole crowd Repent? Did Paul not tell the jailer to believe? Did he not encourage the heathen at Lystra to turn from these vanities? Read Paul's testimony in Acts 26:17-20

I am not a robot comment not mine.

38

News Item11/13/17 8:46 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
The point has been made that none of the apostles ever told an individual that God loves them personally. Perhaps then, when dealing with individual persons, rather than abstractions or extractions, we should do what I suggested some time back. Be honest enough to tell them this: if they are elect, they will be saved, and if they aren't they won't. It has been established we can't tell them God loves them or hates them. But it has not been established we cannot tell them the truth about election. After all, this won't change the elects' election, and the passed by can't be saved anyway, right? But at least we won't be hiding what is really believed about those individuals. I don't recall the apostles calling for deception in the preaching of the gospel, either. There are two major ways to deceive:
1. Speak falsehood.
2. Withhold truth.
37

News Item11/13/17 8:26 PM
Kev | US  Find all comments by Kev
Lurker wrote:
Hey Kev,
You've made your point abundantly clear and biblically correct.
I've been watching this thread for a few days and what comes to me is there are those whose love for the lost is so great that they are willing to compromise the truth to see them saved. I can only ask..... is this love for the lost from God? Is it acceptable to speak for God that which is only known to Him?
I have the greatest admiration for those who go out into the world and preach the gospel but I can't admire speaking for God that which He hasn't spoken.
Exactly how I feel. I love God’s word so much that I think of it much like in Rom 3:4 let God be true and every man a liar. I’m glad I have been clearer than I thought. Some think it’s not loving when we correct someone out of scripture. My love of God’s truth is stronger than my cares of what someone thinks of me. God willing I hope I continue to stand for God’s truth. When we evangelize we must not be dishonest how we handle the word of God. There should no peace be given to the man who is out of Christ Jesus. Telling an individual lost sinner God loves them is not our place. Thanks for your excellent thoughts.

I hope to be always teachable and taught of God.

36

News Item11/13/17 8:10 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Kev wrote:
I agree with all you said. It gets a hearty amen. If you will see from my last comment the wording: “INDIVIDUAL that God loves them PERSONALLY. Can you give one example where The apostles told someone God loves them PERSONALLY?”
Maybe my point from my comments weren’t clear to UPS I’m not very clear many times. Your comment addresses the point I have been trying to make.
Hey Kev,

You've made your point abundantly clear and biblically correct.

I've been watching this thread for a few days and what comes to me is there are those whose love for the lost is so great that they are willing to compromise the truth to see them saved. Not at all necessary in light of John 6:39. I can only ask..... is this love for the lost, which requires compromising the truth, from God? Is it acceptable to speak for God when He has not spoken, i.e. "God loves you"?

I have the greatest admiration for those who go out into the world and preach the gospel but I can't admire speaking for God that which He hasn't spoken.

. . .

Your welcome, sister JPW.

Every blessing to you and yours.

35

News Item11/13/17 7:51 PM
penned  Find all comments by penned
Lurker wrote:
Hello brother,
I may regret speaking up but you've asked an essential question to which we all must answer..... No.
And for that reason, I have no right to speak for God regarding His foreknowledge of and plan for any particular person. IE: I have no right to say God loves or hates a particular lost person. However, I have full authority to say that God loves and saves sinners.
I'm at a lose as to why this is so difficult.
Thanks for raising the question, dear brother.
thank you for sharing this Br Lurker!
34

News Item11/13/17 7:51 PM
Kev | US  Find all comments by Kev
Lurker wrote:
Hello brother,
I may regret speaking up but you've asked an essential question to which we all must answer..... No.
And for that reason, I have no right to speak for God regarding His foreknowledge of and plan for any particular person. IE: I have no right to say God loves or hates a particular lost person. However, I have full authority to say that God loves and saves sinners.
I'm at a lose as to why this is so difficult.
Thanks for raising the question, dear brother.
I agree with all you said. It gets a hearty amen. If you will see from my last comment the wording: “INDIVIDUAL that God loves them PERSONALLY. Can you give one example where The apostles told someone God loves them PERSONALLY?”

Maybe my point from my comments weren’t clear to UPS I’m not very clear many times. Your comment addresses the point I have been trying to make.

33

News Item11/13/17 7:42 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
My question for Kev, and others, is do you have some special knowledge that enables you to know that the lost person with whom you are sharing the gospel is elect or not?
Hello brother,

I may regret speaking up but you've asked an essential question to which we all must answer..... No.

And for that reason, I have no right to speak for God regarding His foreknowledge of and plan for any particular person. IE: I have no right to say God loves or hates a particular lost person. However, I have full authority to say that God loves and saves sinners.

I'm at a lose as to why this is so difficult.

Thanks for raising the question, dear brother.

32

News Item11/13/17 7:24 PM
Kev | US  Find all comments by Kev
I don’t know who the elect are therefore I would not tell an individual that God loves them personally. Can you give one example where The apostles told someone God loves them personally?

Did God love the Cananites who were without God and without hope in the world?

Do you believe that in Matthew 7 Jesus did once love those people then later told them I never knew you? Does Jesus or God change their mind?

Telling an individual that God loves them when they show no signs of repenting ie a stripper who doesn’t say a thing about turning from their life of sin is not biblical.

So it’s ok to say that God loves someone individually if it may not be true?

Do you believe God loves those He has no plan on calling with His Spirit.

Jer 31:3
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Do you believe that God’s love is effectual?

1 John 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

One last question did you comment with the moniker. I’m not a robot?

31

News Item11/13/17 7:12 PM
Ignominius Emirakan | total deBraveity  Find all comments by Ignominius Emirakan
1 Cor 10:6 wrote:
Did you read what really happened? They were not told to use comprehensible English so they made up a new one that they could only understand. They did what they were programmed to do (programmed by man)
Good thing no one would ever program SkyNet to kill useless carbon units.
Oh
('Cept they may be useful as batteries)
Or exhibits
" I have no mouth and I must scream"
Harlan Ellison.

Brave
New
World
30

News Item11/13/17 6:54 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
My question for Kev, and others, is do you have some special knowledge that enables you to know that the lost person with whom you are sharing the gospel is elect or not?

I ask because more than one person here has stated that God's love for His elect is an everlasting love and they were always object of His love. (they were objects of His wrath according to Scripture but I digress)

If we don't know if the person to whom we are speaking is one ordained of God to eternal life, where is the harm in including in the message to them God's love? The only way you can exclude it is to also say it worthless to flee to Christ and beg for mercy. No sense it preaching repentance if they have no opportunity to be saved by God's grace. The truth is WE don't know.

Unless you KNOW who will believe when giving the gospel, then the message that God loved them while they are yet sinners is Scriptural in presenting it to the lost. It is not our job to "get the conversion" we just sow and water and trust God to give the increase.

Examples of the Canaanites or Sodom and Gomorrah come with 20/20 hindsight. Abraham didn't have that and thus implored for sparing of God's wrath on those inhabitants.

Those in Matthew 7 already have there doom sealed before they appear before God.

29

News Item11/13/17 2:41 PM
1 Cor 10:6  Find all comments by 1 Cor 10:6
Do you plan for tomorrow or do just what for it to happen? If you do plan for tomorrow that means you look at the future. In hope that you can do the thing you hope for. You look at the long term. When we look a the economy we need to look at the long term not just the short term. Why yes people hear and now will not be so well but the future generation will benefit from it.
28

News Item11/13/17 2:38 PM
Kev | US  Find all comments by Kev
John your going down another rabbit trail. God causes it to rain for the Godly and the wicked alike. He shows mercy to the wicked that he doesn’t destroy them immediately. This doesnt hide the fact that it would of been better that they were never of borne than to live and die without Christ.

We are talking about the love of God. Man is commanded to love all plain and simple as our hate is a sinful hate and God’s is a just hatred without sin. Can you imagine the teachers of God in the OT telling the Perizites or the Jebuzites that God loves them or Sodom? Has God changed and loves all where once His love was just set on His people? It has always been about a remnant of people that God is calling out of the world to the praise and glory of God!

Jesus gave miracles so that:
Acts 2:22

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man APPROVED OF GOD AMOUNG YOU BY MIRACLES and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

What about the Jesus who will come in the last day and The people will cry out for the rocks to fall on them to hide them from the wrath of the Lamb. Does Jesus love these people, or all the people He declares depart from me I never knew you?

GOD DOES NOT CHANGE!
Is it ever love to lie?

27

News Item11/13/17 2:18 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
1 Cor 10:6 wrote:
Henry... said this:
"Now it is important to bear in mind that insofar as the rioters were thinking of their own immediate or even longer futures their opposition to the machine was rational. For William Felkin, in his History of the Machine-Wrought Hosiery Manufactures (1867), tells us (though the statement seems implausible) that the larger part of the 50,000 English stocking knitters and their families did not fully emerge from the hunger and misery entailed by the introduction of the machine for the next forty years. But insofar as the rioters believed, as most of them undoubtedly did, that the machine was permanently displacing men, they were mistaken, for before the end of the nineteenth century the stocking industry was employing at least a hundred men for every man it employed at the beginning of the century."
Economics in one lesson by Henry Hazlitt
True, logically more population would indeed require more socks. Though the sock industry was booming a hundred years after their disemployment a hundred years earlier, it was quite irrelevant to them. But lets not be too harsh. Perhaps if they knew of the future of socks for their great-grands, they wouldn't have been hungry after all.
26

News Item11/13/17 2:13 PM
1 Cor 10:6  Find all comments by 1 Cor 10:6
Did you read what really happened? They were not told to use comprehensible English so they made up a new one that they could only understand. They did what they were programmed to do (programmed by man)
25

News Item11/13/17 1:56 PM
1 Cor 10:6  Find all comments by 1 Cor 10:6
Who shut them down man right?
24

News Item11/13/17 1:40 PM
Ignominius Emirakan | Dustup  Find all comments by Ignominius Emirakan
Jul 31, 2017 · Facebook's artificial intelligence robots shut down after they start talking to each other in their own language. Facebook abandoned an experiment after two artificially intelligent programs appeared to be chatting to each other in a strange language only they understood.
🤖Past...
🤖Yah?
Soon!🤖
23
There are a total of 42 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Leading college faculty union says belief in only 2 genders is...
dr. tim from land of cotton: "these liberal birdbrains who think they are smarter..."
-34 min 
Pope Francis to edit Lord's Prayer
dr. tim from land of cotton: "if francis were enough of a scholar to determine that..."
-42 min 
Hundreds Accuse Independent Baptist Pastors of Abuse
just me: "remember; accusation is evidence these days."
-2 hrs 


Kevin Swanson
The Great Evangelical Disaster

Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Radio Broadcast
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Hourly: The Cure For Judgmentalism
Richard Caldwell Jr.
Founders Baptist Church
Staff Picks..

Dr. Nick Needham
Gnosticism Old and New

Church History & Biography
Crich Baptist Church
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Mark S. Wisniewski
El Fin De Los Reprobados

Nahum - Spanish
Iglesia Nueva Obra en...
Play! | MP3

Sermon: What's Next On God's Calendar?
Bruce David Bell

SPONSOR | 4,100+

SPONSOR




                   
Take heed of drowsiness in hearing. ... Thomas Watson


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS New!

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard  New! Info
Church Finder | Info
Sermon Player | Video
Mobile & Apps
Podcasting | Videos
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domain
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BW
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories