Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

6,002 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
FEB 24, 2018
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local & Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -27 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | Fridays | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  2/24/2018
SATURDAY, SEP 16, 2017  |  52 comments
White Evangelicals Most Likely to Forgive Politicians’ Immorality

A new study has shown that the majority of white evangelicals believe that a politician who acts immorally in his/her private life is still able to conduct him/herself ethically in his/her public life.

The results of this survey, conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) are especially interesting considering the same survey was conducted six years ago--with very different results.

RelevantMagazine.com reports that the survey asked respondents if “an elected official who commits an immoral act in their personal life can still behave ethically and fulfill their duties in their public and professional life.”

When the survey was conducted in 2011, only 30 percent of white evangelicals said that a politician who acted immorally could still be a good public leader. Last year, however, in 2016, the same survey found that that percentage of white evangelicals jumped all the way to ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianheadlines.com

   02/24/18  |  Demand for exorcisms is up threefold in Italy, so Vatican is... • 4 comments
   02/24/18  |  Churches tell town council: Leave our beliefs alone • 1 comments
   02/24/18  |  Benny Hinn Admits Going Too Far With Prosperity Gospel • 8 comments
   02/23/18  |  Rev. Billy Graham Will Lie in Honor in the US Capitol Rotunda:... • 119 comments
   02/21/18  |  Billy Graham has died at 99 • 161 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   02/24/18  |  Benny Hinn Admits Going Too Far With Prosperity Gospel • 8 comments
   02/21/18  |  Billy Graham has died at 99 • 161 comments
   02/21/18  |  YouTube 'Restricts' PragerU's Video on Planned Parenthood Hours... • 7 comments
   02/20/18  |  ‘The View’ co-hosts mock Mike Pence’s faith, bring flood of... • 54 comments
   02/19/18  |  Hungarian leader calls Christianity 'Europe's last hope' • 5 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/16/18  |  Feedback Friday for 2-16-18 • 6 comments
   02/15/18  |  SermonAudio Tip: The Paperback Bible Makes the Bible Personal!
   02/09/18  |  Feedback Friday for 2-9-18
   02/07/18  |  SermonAudio Tip: Making the Sermon Player Great Again! • 12 comments
   02/02/18  |  Feedback Friday for 2-2-18
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
   02/24/18  |  Student Faces Expulsion After Saying a Math Symbol Looks Like a... • 5 comments
   02/24/18  |  Demand for exorcisms is up threefold in Italy, so Vatican is... • 4 comments
   02/24/18  |  Churches tell town council: Leave our beliefs alone • 1 comments
   02/24/18  |  Benny Hinn Admits Going Too Far With Prosperity Gospel • 8 comments
   02/23/18  |  Planned Parenthood's Annual Numbers Reveal It's Fueling 'Culture... • 4 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 52 user comment(s)
News Item9/20/17 3:06 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Thomas B. Edsall wrote:
Those most willing to adjust their positions on ten issues ranging from abortion to guns to taxes are firm Republicans, Trump loyalists, self-identified conservatives and low information Republicans.

First, Trump’s base has given him considerable leeway and his strongest supporters are likely to back him when he violates Republican orthodoxy — as he did recently by agreeing to a debt ceiling strategy proposed by Democratic leaders over the objections of their Republican counterparts.

Second, the claims of ideological conservatives that a large segment of the electorate has turned to the right on policy issues is suspect at best.

Third, and most significant, if the Barber-Pope, Broockman-Daniels and Achen-Bartels conclusions are right, American politics is less a competition of ideas and more a struggle between two teams

...as elections have become primal struggles, and political competition has devolved into an atavistic spectacle, the prospect for a return to a politics of compromise and consensus approaches zero, no matter what temporary accommodations professional politicians make.

--http://tinyurl.com/ya33xezv (Trump Says Jump. His Supporters Ask, How High?)
52

News Item9/18/17 7:19 PM
Ivan Karamazov | Texas  Find all comments by Ivan Karamazov
👇 🙄
51

News Item9/18/17 12:09 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Any politician who engages in immoral behavior should resign.
50

News Item9/17/17 2:13 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Walter Kovacs wrote:
Buckeyes,
You're incorrect. Before the foundations of the world did God predestined His elect. ***Therefore, scripturally literate Christians know when they were saved. ***God isn't subject to His own creation (time) .
Scripturally literate Christians know the following

That according to Ephesians 2 we were dead in trespasses and sins who followed the prince of the power of the air, by nature children of wrath until we were saved by the grace of God. We were without hope and without God in this world, but thank God we who WERE afar off have been made nigh by the blood of Christ when He saved us from wrath to come.

Hallelujah!

The Lord said He came not to call the righteous but sinners unto repentance (Luke 5:32)

Paul reminded us that Christ came into the world to save sinners (I Tim. 1:15)

We are told that we who were under the condemnation and wrath of God (John 3:18,36) have been translated out of darkness into the kingdom of His dear Son. (Col. 1:13)

Praise be to God!!

Paul told the Corinthians when speaking of those who shall not inherit the kingdom of God that such WERE some of you, but now (after salvation) you are washed, sanctified and justified by the precious blood of Christ.(I Cor. 6)

Gl

49

News Item9/17/17 12:52 PM
Watcher | Unknown  Contact via emailFind all comments by Watcher
God has always been the judge of all those who are saved or will be saved. My only point of contention with our dear pastor MacArthur is the fact that he seems to rely on being raised in a religious home with a legacy of pastors to lean on. No one can say that they have always believed. That in and of itself is works.

I think for the most part we all agree here. Let's leave it at that and continue to lift MacArthur in prayer.

48

News Item9/17/17 12:40 PM
Buckeyes | USA  Find all comments by Buckeyes
(TMC) @Watcher
“but a christian MUST be able to say through much confidence that he has been saved.”
On this we mostly agree, though there are some genuine Christians who have wrestled with doubt.
2 Corinthians 13:5
“Just as much as a prisoner can point to a date when he was set free, so should the sinner point to a time when he knows God visited him.”
Here is where we differ. The fact that God currently visits with him, draws him to Himself, sanctifies him, rebukes him, and keeps him from falling away are the proofs of conversion that the Bible describes. There are many people who have a particular emotional event that they can remember and point to- but their current, long term fruit tells a very different story. The sad story of evangelist- turned- atheist Charles Templeton is one well known example.
For me, this is not at all about John MacArthur. It is about using God’s word to judge (as far as we possibly can) anyone’s salvation rather than our own man-made measuring sticks of dates and experiences, neither of which are Biblical.
@Walter
We are talking about the point in God’s creation (time) when from our perspective He softens our heart and brings us into fellowship with Him. Not the point when He predestined us.
47

News Item9/17/17 12:20 PM
Watcher | Unknown  Contact via emailFind all comments by Watcher
ladybug wrote:
Connor, I don't think you are singing JMac's praises at all. As for the Q&A, was the question biblical? Shouldn't the response be as well? Review the question, "once the person takes the mark, is there any possibility of Him coming to Christ?” JMac starts off his response with "Yes, I think, you know"...he stammers. Why not respond with the bible? He goes on to say "“Now, the question is, if you’re living in the Tribulation period, and you take this mark, in other words, you identify with the beast’s empire, will you still be able to be redeemed? And I think the answer to that is yes. Yes! "...
What should he have said? “Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:9-11)
Well said dear lady.
46

News Item9/17/17 12:15 PM
ladybug  Contact via emailFind all comments by ladybug
Connor, I don't think you are singing JMac's praises at all. As for the Q&A, was the question biblical? Shouldn't the response be as well? Review the question, "once the person takes the mark, is there any possibility of Him coming to Christ?” JMac starts off his response with "Yes, I think, you know"...he stammers. Why not respond with the bible? He goes on to say "“Now, the question is, if you’re living in the Tribulation period, and you take this mark, in other words, you identify with the beast’s empire, will you still be able to be redeemed? And I think the answer to that is yes. Yes! " So, he gives an 'opinion' on a very serious matter.
What should he have said? “Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:9-11)
45

News Item9/17/17 12:14 PM
Watcher | Unknown  Contact via emailFind all comments by Watcher
Connor7 wrote:
So it's my fault that I'm offended, and therefore it'll be my fault if this conversation goes no where? That's confusing, because I'm pretty sure A = B = W.
Watcher, in Romans I think Paul is pointing towards the evidence that man is justified before God, and in James, James talks about "justification" before man I.E. good fruit, lasting fruit.
And you're either directly or indirectly accusing me of having a strong bias, the fact of the matter is I listened to both of those videos before this came up, I rarely listen to MacArthur, I don't have his study bible, I have read only 2 of his books, etc.
I don't recall the exact date God saved me. I had an intellectual understanding of the gospel but not a heart understanding.
And Ladybug I am not singing the praises of popular men, I'm sorry if you think that. Watcher said, " Anyone who has been genuinely saved knows he's saved." So all the Christians who have doubts whether they are saved...apparently aren't saved? That's the logical conclusion of your argument...
Dear friend, I do believe once a conversation gets to this point it is better for unity's sake, to let it lie. I apologize for offending you and causing this strife.
44

News Item9/17/17 11:57 AM
Connor7  Contact via emailFind all comments by Connor7
So it's my fault that I'm offended, and therefore it'll be my fault if this conversation goes no where? That's confusing, because I'm pretty sure A = B = W.

Watcher, in Romans I think Paul is pointing towards the evidence that man is justified before God, and in James, James talks about "justification" before man I.E. good fruit, lasting fruit.

And you're either directly or indirectly accusing me of having a strong bias, the fact of the matter is I listened to both of those videos before this came up, I rarely listen to MacArthur, I don't have his study bible, I have read only 2 of his books, etc.

I don't recall the exact date God saved me. I had an intellectual understanding of the gospel but not a heart understanding.

And Ladybug I am not singing the praises of popular men, I'm sorry if you think that. Watcher said, " Anyone who has been genuinely saved knows he's saved." So all the Christians who have doubts whether they are saved...apparently aren't saved? That's the logical conclusion of your argument.

Concerning the opinions of pastors ladybug, he was doing a Q&A, I don't think he was being dogmatic, he wasn't in the pulpit teaching, it seems like you're saying a layman can have an opinion about the text, but a pastor cannot, can you justify that claim?

43

News Item9/17/17 11:04 AM
Watcher | Unknown  Find all comments by Watcher
ladybug wrote:
Well said Watcher. I recall when God saved me; how He drew me using a tragic illness in my family- in was in the fall of 2003.
I used to listen to JMac religiously, then I started noticing errors in some of his teachings. I set his study bible aside and now stick with my KJV.
This quote from Pink is an indirect warning- "Christian reader, if you value the health of your soul, cease hearing and quit reading all that is lifeless, unctionless, powerless, no matter what prominent or popular name be attached thereto. Life is too short to waste valuable time on that which does not profit. Ninety-nine out of every hundred of the religious books, booklets, and magazines now being published, are not worth the paper on which they are printed!... A.W. Pink
Well said AW Pink as usual, and thank you dear ladybug, I am in agreement. Thank God you can point to a "season" where God filled you with life and rescued you from the grave of sin and damnation. No we cannot find scripture that says, "You will know the day...", however, any Christian who has experienced this grace knows what we refer to.
42

News Item9/17/17 11:04 AM
Ignominious Emirakan | healthy in the pink  Find all comments by Ignominious Emirakan
ladybug wrote:
...now stick with my KJV.
This quote from Pink is an indirect warning- "Christian reader, if you value the health of your soul, cease hearing and quit reading all that is lifeless, unctionless, powerless, no matter what prominent or popular name be attached thereto. Life is too short to waste valuable time on that which does not profit. Ninety-nine out of every hundred of the religious books, booklets, and magazines now being published, are not worth the paper on which they are printed!
To turn away from the lifeless preachers and publishers of the day—may involve a real cross. Your motives will be misconstrued, your words perverted, and your actions misinterpreted. You will be dubbed narrow-minded and uncharitable, because you refuse to join in singing the praises of the “great” and “popular” men of the day." A.W. Pink
41

News Item9/17/17 10:57 AM
ladybug  Contact via emailFind all comments by ladybug
Well said Watcher. I recall when God saved me; how He drew me using a tragic illness in my family- in was in the fall of 2003.

I used to listen to JMac religiously, then I started noticing errors in some of his teachings. I set his study bible aside and now stick with my KJV.

This quote from Pink is an indirect warning- "Christian reader, if you value the health of your soul, cease hearing and quit reading all that is lifeless, unctionless, powerless, no matter what prominent or popular name be attached thereto. Life is too short to waste valuable time on that which does not profit. Ninety-nine out of every hundred of the religious books, booklets, and magazines now being published, are not worth the paper on which they are printed!
To turn away from the lifeless preachers and publishers of the day—may involve a real cross. Your motives will be misconstrued, your words perverted, and your actions misinterpreted. You will be dubbed narrow-minded and uncharitable, because you refuse to join in singing the praises of the “great” and “popular” men of the day." A.W. Pink

40

News Item9/17/17 10:43 AM
Watcher | Unknown  Find all comments by Watcher
It is true that we are not known by our dates, Buckeyes, but a christian MUST be able to say through much confidence that he has been saved. Just as much as a prisoner can point to a date when he was set free, so should the sinner point to a time when he knows God visited him.

I am not saying John MacArthur isn't saved. I am only saying, according to his own mouth, I am unsure.

As for works, they are useless to point to anything. Fruit is another story however. Paul didn't have a very high opinion of works either.

The main sticking point, as I see it is, John MacArthur is a well known, well liked man. He is the 'good guy' in Christianity. He's always been the good guy. So when anyone brings concerns to the table like this, those who like him get offended and angry with those who have brought the concerns and come to his rescue. I do believe that the better approach would be to listen, ingest the evidence and decide objectively. If there is cause for concern, then bring the man to God in earnest prayer. Because if he isn't saved (hypothetically speaking), then he is in for the shock of his lifetime when he dies. If he is saved, then glory to God!

39

News Item9/17/17 10:32 AM
Ignominious Emirakan | steely eyed middle men  Find all comments by Ignominious Emirakan
[Removed by Moderator Beta]
38

News Item9/17/17 9:32 AM
ladybug  Find all comments by ladybug
What JMac said concerning the mark - QUESTIONER: “Oh, my question is in regard to the latter half of the Tribulation period, when...when men will be required to have the mark of the beast in order to buy or sell. My question is once the person takes the mark, is there any possibility of Him coming to Christ?”

JOHN: “Yes, I think, you know, in the seven-year Tribulation coming in the future, we’re gonna get into this, so probably a week from Sunday night, maybe this Sunday night, maybe a week, I’m not sure. But the Tribulation is a seven-year period, right? The Rapture of the church, seven-year Tribulation, then Christ returns, sets up His Kingdom. Now, in that seven-year period, really two things happen. God begins to judge the world in...with a series of holocausts; and, at the same time, He begins to redeem His people Israel; and in the process of this, the antichrist establishes his rule; and in order to function in the economy of the antichrist, you have to take the mark of the beast. The mark being the number of a man, Revelation 13, 666.' read more at http://watch.pairsite.com/macarthur-1-mark-of-beast.html

Are pastors called to give their opinion about biblical matters Connor?

37

News Item9/17/17 8:50 AM
Ivan Karamazov | Texas  Find all comments by Ivan Karamazov
A dramatic conversion experience seems to go with modern Pentecostal thought. Could it be that the greater the realization of your sin at your conversion the greater the memory? Just a thought.
36

News Item9/17/17 8:09 AM
Walter Kovacs  Find all comments by Walter Kovacs
Buckeyes,
You're incorrect. Before the foundations of the world did God predestined His elect. Therefore, scripturally literate Christians know when they were saved. God isn't subject to His own creation (time) .
35

News Item9/17/17 7:15 AM
Buckeyes | USA  Find all comments by Buckeyes
(TMC) @Watcher
“I come from a family that stated emphatically that because I came from a religious household, that I was saved too.”
Could it be, perhaps, that your past circumstance is affecting your view of this? God works differently in different people’s hearts- for instance, John Bunyan describes a years long, gradual process of grace in his book “Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners”. I come from a Bible saturated childhood, and I seriously don’t remember not loving Jesus or wanting to learn more about the Bible. I have a shadowy, but sweet, memory of the delight I had when I realized I could have Jesus come live in my heart and praying with my Mom at a Sunday School event. However, because it is such an early memory, I can’t pinpoint exactly when it was or in what order it relates to some of my other memories.
Also, your assertion that every Christian “can point to a time when God saved him.” lacks Scriptural support as an evidence or assurance of Salvation. Jesus did not say that we would be known by our dates, nor is such an idea presented anywhere else as an evidence. Ongoing, continual, sanctification, is a far more biblical gage then a dramatic, memorable, conversion alone.
34

News Item9/17/17 1:20 AM
Watcher | Unknown  Find all comments by Watcher
Dear Connor, you said, "...his father was a preacher, so it could be a case Just like John Wesley, his father also was a pastor and he knew the gospel (to some extent, yes I know he added works to it).

A lot of unfair attacks against Pastor MacArthur, he's written over 150 books, preached through the whole new testament, and has been a pastor for...who knows how long, and the accusations against him on this thread are shoddy at best, and his accusers have probably not written 150+ books, or done what he's done by God's grace, and he's 80+ years old I think, so if he doesn't say something quite right, I don't think you should be hasty to accuse him..."

I do think that you believe he is saved, I am unsure. The bulk of your defence for "JMac" is works. I come from a family that stated emphatically that because I came from a religious household, that I was saved too.

Please do not be offended or this conversation will go nowhere. Anyone who has been genuinely saved knows he's saved. He can state without a shadow of a doubt that he was saved. He can point to a time when God saved him. Not, "I've always believed..." Sorry dear friend, but this is quite unconvincing. I am not in a position to judge, but one can judge adequately the book by its proverbial cover.

33
There are a total of 52 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Rev. Billy Graham Will Lie in Honor in the US Capitol Rotunda:...
angela wittman from southern illinois: " watcher maybe i'm you...or..."
-23 min 119 
Growing body of research rejects transgender movement
wayfarer pilgrim from lubbock,tx: "gloria steinem and betty fridan - advocated..."
-42 min 
Sanders Blames Clinton for Not Informing People About Russian...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "this thread looks like a good place to put this..."
-1 hrs 




False Prophets
Todd Nibert

Hourly: Walking the Edge of Faith
Greg Nichols
Grace Immanuel Reformed
Staff Picks..

Dr. Peter Masters
Persecution Strikes

Daniel
Metropolitan Tabernacle
Video!Play! | MP4

Kevin Swanson
Billy Graham Prophet to Nation

A Careful and Balanced Summary
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Sermon: Marriage, Divorce, Remarriage
Dr. Andy Bloom

Southampton, PA | zip
Southampton Primitive Baptist Church

Come Worship with Us - Curr­ent Sermon Ser­ies: Who is Jesus?
https:

SPONSOR | 9,300+

SPONSOR




                   
No man can understand spiritual mysteries by carnal reason. ... Thomas Brooks


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Watch
Android New!
Church App
Fire Tablet New!
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV New!
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV New!
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Church Finder | Info
Sermon Player
Mobile & Apps
Podcasting | Videos
Live Webcasting
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards New!
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domain
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BW
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Support Us | Feedback Fridays | Stories