Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -9 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  8/24/2019
WEDNESDAY, AUG 9, 2017  |  53 comments
High-ranking Mormon official, who twice spoke in General Conference, is excommunicated

For the first time in nearly 30 years, the Mormon church has excommunicated one of its top leaders.

On Tuesday morning, James J. Hamula was released from his position in the First Quorum of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints after disciplinary action.

LDS Church spokesman Eric Hawkins provided no details about the removal. But the church did confirm Hamula was no longer a member of the church and that his ouster was not for apostasy or disillusionment.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.sltrib.com

   08/24/19  |  Joe Biden hires pastor as new faith outreach director to help... • 1 comments
   08/24/19  |  Believers Say They Don‚Äôt Need Others for Discipleship? • 2 comments
   08/23/19  |  'Genocide Is Loading' in Nigeria • 3 comments
   08/22/19  |  China releases Early Rain Covenant Church elder • 1 comments
   08/21/19  |  Mexican pastor shot and killed while at the pulpit during Sunday... • 4 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   06/23/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: My Favorite Things and the Notification Manager • 1 comments
   05/29/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Revamped SOLO Sites Make Church Websites Easy • 3 comments
   05/12/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Unlimited Video Streaming & Embedding • 14 comments
   03/26/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: New SA Partnership With Blue Letter Bible • 9 comments
   03/20/19  |  What is The Foundations Conference? • 11 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
   08/24/19  |  Dad horrified as public school convinces daughter she‚Äôs a... • 4 comments
   08/24/19  |  Elizabeth Warren: Universal Child Care for Every Baby Age 0 to 5 • 7 comments
   08/24/19  |  Joe Biden hires pastor as new faith outreach director to help... • 1 comments
   08/24/19  |  Believers Say They Don‚Äôt Need Others for Discipleship? • 2 comments
   08/24/19  |  Newsweek: Time to Rethink Taboo on Cannibalism? • 3 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 53 user comment(s)
News Item8/16/17 11:30 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
MS wrote:
Interesting..being part of the "worship service" was connected to collection of "donations".
Why did you put worship service in quotation marks? And at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings collecting the money is considered to be a part of the worship service.
53

News Item8/15/17 6:52 PM
MS  Find all comments by MS
Interesting..being part of the "worship service" was connected to collection of "donations".
52

News Item8/15/17 6:24 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
I do have to add something though...I think you are aware of a lot more than you let on when defending the Roman machine.
Because they read canned scripture passages, along with what their creed states, then they're partially Christian. No such thing...you know better.
Because the Holy Spirit led Luther to spearhead the reformation, it was impossible for him to ever err doctrinally. A very Pope-ish belief...you know better.
Whenever anyone you hold in high regard speaks anything contrary to scripture, you claim the words from their own mouths are false and that they didn't really mean what they said...you know better.
Whenever anyone quotes a bonafide, irrefutable fact concerning certain doctrines that Rome teaches, you claim it false, citing that your parents never taught you that...you know better.
I could go on and on, but you get my drift. Even if you didn't know certain things, you should want to research all of the facts you can. How can you possibly witness to other Catholics effectively when you choose to believe only what you prefer to believe? Isn't that exactly what the lost of this world do?
51

News Item8/15/17 5:23 PM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
John, I've said it before that I'm glad you've come out of your shell a bit and are becoming actively involved in what's hopefully a sound church. You said you'd never leave Rome, but you also said you would never attend another church outside of it, so never say never to the other either.
I remember you also saying that even if you were to ever visit another church, you wouldn't speak to anyone and would leave in the middle of the sermon, or something like that, so something is stirring within you, and I hope the progress continues as your eyes open to some things currently hidden.
50

News Item8/15/17 4:55 PM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
John Yurich USA wrote:
This past Sunday at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings I had my first opportunity to be a substitute usher. It was great being involved in some small way in how the worship service is conducted by collecting the donations.
Sounds like you found a great Church Family, am so glad you are ready to serve when called upon
49

News Item8/15/17 3:19 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Christopher000 wrote:
Unfortunately, John is stuck in a loop and operates on opinion, as opposed to fact based research. I'm not quite sure anymore how to reason with someone who says this or that is true or false because it's what they choose to believe, no matter what any evidence may say.
This past Sunday at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings I had my first opportunity to be a substitute usher. It was great being involved in some small way in how the worship service is conducted by collecting the donations.
48

News Item8/11/17 10:52 PM
NeedHim  Find all comments by NeedHim
John Y, you remind me of many Mormons over the years, I have had conversations with, in which many have been some good & mutual respectful dialogues have taken place. But just like many of these Mormons knew what I saying to them was the truth, they even acknowledged that to me. But they were unwilling to leave the church because of how that would affect their marriages, their employment, their status in the community, & etc.

This reminds me of you, if you attended my Church, my pastor in love would tell you to depart from Rome, & come out of her Anathemas she places, on others, for believing & trusting in Biblical Orthodoxy, that others have lost their lives because of Romes Anathemas.

The Word is clear for anyone who calls themselves a teacher, slash pastor, deacon, or elder, their will be a stricter judgment for one. John Y, if you are truly are born again, one couldn't set under the teachings of Rome, & allow Christ to be reduced in His authority & sovereign role in Him alone being ones only mediator alone. One can't stay in Rome & truly thrive & grow in good practices of the faith, that lead one closer to Christ & not the dependency of Mother Church of Rome & her dogmas amen.

Jas 3:1 My brethren, let n't many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a

47

News Item8/11/17 6:57 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Of course the Catholic Church is antichrist in a lot of their teachings but the Creed states "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God" which is the biblical and historical Jesus that the Catholic Church believes in and worships.
1. Still no proof of your statement, "Luther and all the Protestant Reformers believed that the Catholic Church believes in and worships the biblical and historical Jesus as God. that all the Reformers viewed Catholics as God."

2. Their "creed", the demons agree with their creed

Matthew 8:29
And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with you, Jesus, you Son of God?

Mark 3:11
And unclean spirits, when they saw him, fell down before him, and cried, saying, You are the Son of God.

Luke 8:28
When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with you, Jesus, you Son of God most high?

what does the Bible say about RCC "worship and belief"

1Jn 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 

46

News Item8/11/17 3:57 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Jim Lincoln wrote:
If you don't serve two masters, John, why are you present at the Romish Church? Now, I will admit, I did not leave the Methodist Church instantly. I felt out the ground of the first IFB I went to. But, if memory serves was just mainly wrapping up my affairs at the Methodist Church after I decided that the IFB, was what I was looking for. So I don't know if it wasn't too many months, I can't think of over 2 or 3, and I was forever separated from the Methodist Church.
People will judge you by your fruits - - and the church that you attend. So again all I can say is read the article, [URL=http://www.reachingcatholics.org/comeout.html]]]http://tinyurl.com/gmt84eo (Come out of the Catholic Church)[/URL]. You're supporting it if you're going to it.
If I state that I do not serve the Pope but only serve the Lord Jesus Christ then that is exactly what I mean. Just because I attend the RCC does not mean I serve the Pope. I am getting more involved in church activities at that Baptist Church I attend on Sunday mornings. I signed up to be a substitute usher on Sunday mornings when needed.
45

News Item8/11/17 3:44 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
If you don't serve two masters, John, why are you present at the Romish Church? Now, I will admit, I did not leave the Methodist Church instantly. I felt out the ground of the first IFB I went to. But, if memory serves was just mainly wrapping up my affairs at the Methodist Church after I decided that the IFB, was what I was looking for. So I don't know if it wasn't too many months, I can't think of over 2 or 3, and I was forever separated from the Methodist Church.

People will judge you by your fruits - - and the church that you attend. So again all I can say is read the article, [URL=http://www.reachingcatholics.org/comeout.html]]]http://tinyurl.com/gmt84eo (Come out of the Catholic Church)[/URL]. You're supporting it if you're going to it.

44

News Item8/11/17 3:11 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Now, just [URL=http://www.reachingcatholics.org/comeout.html]]]http://tinyurl.com/gmt84eo (Come out of the Catholic Church)[/URL] completely, John. You are serving two masters if you go to the Romish Church in the evenings. I'm looking forward in hearing you cut the cord!
I am not serving two masters. I only serve the Lord Jesus Christ. I do not serve the Pope at all.
43

News Item8/11/17 2:57 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Yurich USA wrote:
So I am a fool for attending a Baptist Church on Sunday mornings and hearing the Gospel of Christ preached? I am accepted by Pastor Steve, all the Elders and Deacons and the entire membership of that Baptist Church as being truly saved because I surrendered my life to Christ and trust entirely in Him alone for salvation.
Now, just [URL=http://www.reachingcatholics.org/comeout.html]]]http://tinyurl.com/gmt84eo (Come out of the Catholic Church)[/URL] completely, John. You are serving two masters if you go to the Romish Church in the evenings. I'm looking forward in hearing you cut the cord!
42

News Item8/11/17 1:25 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
JY states that Luther and all Protestant reformers believed the RCC believes and worships the Biblical and historical Jesus as God. The link below, which includes false prophet Ellen G White, shows just the opposite to be true. I welcome JY, to prove his comment. They all said the RCC was antiChrist.
http://www.the-bible-antichrist.com/what-did-reformers-believe.html
Of course the Catholic Church is antichrist in a lot of their teachings but the Creed states "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God" which is the biblical and historical Jesus that the Catholic Church believes in and worships.

Adriel, I am not reducing Christ because I attend a Baptist Church on Sunday mornings, I surrendered my life to Christ and I trust entirely in Him alone for salvation. I don't trust in the Sacraments or the Catholic Church for salvation. Since when is it a non-Bible fact to state that because the Apostles and Nicene Creeds(which are the Statements of Faith of the Catholic Church) state "We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God" then that means that the Catholic Church worships the biblical and historical Jesus as God?

41

News Item8/11/17 7:38 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Christopher000 wrote:
Unfortunately, John is stuck in a loop and operates on opinion, as opposed to fact based research. I'm not quite sure anymore how to reason with someone who says this or that is true or false because it's what they choose to believe, no matter what any evidence may say.
Chris, it may be that for some people, internal security is more important than external truth. Fear is a great motivator to maintain the status quo. This is especially true if eternal perspective is missing.
40

News Item8/11/17 7:28 AM
Adriel  Find all comments by Adriel
John Yurich USA wrote:
the Catholic Church worships the biblical and historical Jesus.
Roman Catholic beliefs/rules state:-

Full benefit of Salvation is only through the Roman Catholic Church
"For it is only through Christ's Catholic Church, which is "the all-embracing means of salvation," that they can benefit fully from the means of salvation,," (Vatican 2, Decree on Ecumenism, 3).
Grace can be merited
CCC 2010, "Moved by the Holy Spirit and by charity, we can then merit for ourselves and for others the graces needed for our sanctification."
CCC 2027, "Moved by the Holy Spirit, we can merit for ourselves and for others all the graces needed to attain eternal life, as well as necessary temporal goods."

JY
These demonstrate that the Roman Catholic belief system adds to the Bible and is against the laws and precepts of God.
You are reducing Christ.

"In the Christian doctrine of salvation, God has rescued us through Christ (John 3:17). Specifically, it was Jesus’ death on the cross and subsequent resurrection that achieved our salvation (Rom 5:10; Eph 1:7). Scripture is clear that salvation is the gracious, undeserved gift of God (Eph 2:5, 8) and is only available through faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12)." (gotquestions.org)

39

News Item8/11/17 6:56 AM
Christopher000 | Rhode Island  Find all comments by Christopher000
Unfortunately, John is stuck in a loop and operates on opinion, as opposed to fact based research. I'm not quite sure anymore how to reason with someone who says this or that is true or false because it's what they choose to believe, no matter what any evidence may say.
38

News Item8/10/17 9:51 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
JY states that Luther and all Protestant reformers believed the RCC believes and worships the Biblical and historical Jesus as God. The link below, which includes false prophet Ellen G White, shows just the opposite to be true. I welcome JY, to prove his comment. They all said the RCC was antiChrist.

http://www.the-bible-antichrist.com/what-did-reformers-believe.html

37

News Item8/10/17 7:11 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Y., it is never what the Catholic Church gets right - - it's what it gets wrong that condemns its members to hell .

The Ex-Catholic Journal wrote:
Co-mediatrix:
Definition: An important title for Mary, who along with Jesus is a mediator that intercedes for the salvation of the elect.... As Mother of God, Catholics are taught to flee to Mary in all their dangers and needs. ‚ÄúThe motherhood of Mary in the order of grace continues uninteruptedly‚Ķuntil the fulfillment of the elect. Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation‚ĶTherefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix.‚ÄĚ

Discussion: The elevation of Mary to Co-mediatrix denies the complete and sufficient intercession of Jesus for sinners (1 Tim. 2:5). Catholicism exalts Mary, effectively giving her attributes of Deity in that she is able to hear and respond to the prayers of millions of people. She is also given responsibilities that belong to the Holy Spirit who is our Advocate and Helper (Jn. 16:7-13)....

--[URL=http://tinyurl.com/yass74g2]]]http://tinyurl.com/yass74g2 (Mary--Co-mediatrix )[/URL]
36

News Item8/10/17 6:14 PM
Ignominious Emirakan | Knock knock nocked  Find all comments by Ignominious Emirakan
tinysa.com/sermon/12100515958

What Mormons won't tell you at the door

35

News Item8/10/17 5:55 PM
NeedHim  Find all comments by NeedHim
Edward Bear; Just my two sense, directed towards you in love, my own years of experience of witnessing to Mormons, you willn't get much out of a conversation, towards them. In trying to engage on Mormon undergarments, in which isn't a non-essential matter of Biblical Orthodoxy. As that isn't a heaven or hell matters. Witnessing to lost folks isn't a game, we are dealing with folks, who have souls, & who are spiritually dead, if they haven't came to a true state of understanding what it means to be saved from God to God. In salvation & reconciliation being a gift from up above alone.

http://www.mrm.org/underwear

34
There are a total of 53 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Trump Right: 14th Amendment Did Not Guarantee Birthright...
dr. tim from land of cotton: "still hold the world record for inappropriate..."
-4 min 10 
Seattle's minimum wage hike may have cut wages and jobs: Study...
jim lincoln from nebraska: " alvin chang .... by the time reagan left office in..."
-4 min 13 
Dad horrified as public school convinces daughter she’s a...
dr. tim from land of cotton: "hi pfft. got a new moniker i see, but the same old..."
-7 min 



Mike Allison
Never About the Land Part 1

Hebrews 11:8-10, Joshua 1:1-7
Sunday - AM
Madison Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Hourly: SWS-01 - The Lord's Prayer
Dr. John Barnett
DTBM, International
Staff Picks..

Pastor James Mansfield
Why The Fall?

Bethel Baptist Chapel
Sunday - AM
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Free Book Giveaway

The Sov­er­eignty of God & the Resp­ons­ib­il­ity of Man
desiringrevival.org

Sermon:
To Understand The.Future
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 3,600+

SPONSOR




                   
One Almighty is more than all mighties. ... William Gurnall


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites New!
Favorites New! | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories New!