Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -16 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  8/20/2019
THURSDAY, JUN 11, 2009  |  27 comments
Garden Grove megachurch to be led by a woman
Sheila Schuller Coleman still can't believe that she was chosen to lead the megachurch her father founded.

During Sunday's service at the Crystal Cathedral, Coleman's father and Crystal Cathedral founder, the Rev. Robert H. Schuller announced that his eldest daughter will take over leadership of the entire ministry at the cathedral and help implement his vision.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.ocregister.com

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 6 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 21 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 18 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/19/19  |  Poland's Kaczynski condemns gay pride marches • 4 comments
   08/19/19  |  Planned Parenthood to Leave Title X Program Next Week
   08/18/19  |  ‘Veggie Tales’ creator: 'Matter of time' before Christians are... • 5 comments
   08/18/19  |  Google is blacklisting Christian and conservative websites • 3 comments
   08/17/19  |  BBC reporter stunned as top US abortionist admits he’s a ‘baby’... • 6 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/23/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: My Favorite Things and the Notification Manager • 1 comments
   05/29/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Revamped SOLO Sites Make Church Websites Easy • 3 comments
   05/12/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Unlimited Video Streaming & Embedding • 14 comments
   03/26/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: New SA Partnership With Blue Letter Bible • 9 comments
   03/20/19  |  What is The Foundations Conference? • 11 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 27 user comment(s)
News Item6/20/09 4:42 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Yurich USA wrote:
You stated that Schuller has never preached the Gospel Of Jesus? ....Schuller stated that Knievel had become saved by receiving Jesus as Savior, which is preaching the Gospel Of Jesus.
But then, Schuller, wouldn't know would he? [URL=http://www.ihcc.org/images/booklets/pdf/L123.pdf]]]A Different Gospel: An Evaluation of the Teachings of Robert Schuller[/URL], and you stating,
Dr. Steven C. Riser wrote:
Pragmatic Utilitarianism— Instead of asking, “Is it true? “pragmatism asks, “Does it work?” This is a results-oriented point of view, which says that the ends justify the means. Its motto: “Where there is a will, there is a way.” Modern man tends to be pragmatic and tends not to engage in ethical and religious reflection and thought. Instead of saying “because it’s true, it works,” pragmatism says, “because it works, it’s true.” Since God’s will must be done God’s way, the ends do not necessarily justify the means.
[URL=http://www.johnankerberg.org/Articles/_PDFArchives/practical-christianity/PC1W0304.pdf]]]The Hydra—The Many-Headed Monster of Secular Humanism--How to Make Sense Out of Our Increasingly Secular Society[/URL]

Oh, Girl from Australia, nice comment.

27

News Item6/14/09 5:45 PM
just a thought  Find all comments by just a thought
John Yurich, God saves lost sinners from what we deserve, eternal punishment. We should not desire salvation as a means of escape, we should desire reconciliation with our Father out of brokenness over sin, the sins we committed against Him. This brokenness brings forth repentance, which leads to salvation [2 Cor. 7:10]. Only the grace of God can produce brokenness, repentance, and salvation. If you desire to be saved from hell, and not from sin, you are no better off than the reprobate.
26

News Item6/14/09 4:26 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Yurich USA wrote:
Isn't the whole purpose of receiving Jesus as ones Personal Savior to avoid spending eternity in Hell? That is why Jesus had to be Crucified and Resurrected to give mankind a chance to make Heaven their eternal home.
No, John it is for the glory of God alone! Remember, [URL=http://www.monergism.com/updates/reformation_essentials_by_mich.php]]]"Only Scripture," "Only Christ," "Only Grace," "Only Faith," and "To God Alone Be Glory"[/URL].

Gil Rugh said or, wrote:
Paul acknowledges all of salvation is for the glory of God, by the wisdom and power of God, who alone is able to deliver from the consequences of sin.

Entrance into this saving relationship comes by faith alone, in Christ alone, by God's grace alone. The word of His gospel, which must be heard and believed for anyone to be saved, consequently comes under attack by Satan through those who would alter, compromise or adjust it.

[URL=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=102706135640]]]Glory to God Who is Able[/URL]
25

News Item6/14/09 9:20 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
the wee fella wrote:
Rather than exclude the LORD in any way I might add this John,
The Lord even arranged for Paul and Silas to be arrested in that town, be in that specific Jail, on this particular jailor's watch (nightshift).
All I have sought to do is INCLUDE the Lord in His work.
Thus no random reaction of just ANY indiscriminate mortal here taught in this verse.
But preordained, prearranged for the saving of His elect "Jailor."
God was there long before Paul and Silas came on scene. And as I said it is simply illustrating God at work in the lives of His people.
I am sure you would agree John that the Lord is "First Cause" in all His acts of salvation or otherwise. We would always expect His grace and Holy Spirit to be present from the outset of this work. Just as we would want the Lord to be present in our preacher's pulpit work, and not just the mortal himself.
Yes I fully agree with all that; it is a wonderful thing that nothing is left to chance in the saving of souls, seeing as how each one is precious in the sight of the Lord, to the degree that Jesus Christ our Lord was able to say:

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
John 10:15 KJV

Such love!

24

News Item6/14/09 8:11 AM
the wee fella  Find all comments by the wee fella
John UK wrote:
Sorry little fella for using your post to ask DJC49 a question, but I'm only just learning theologicals you know, and I wanted to know if this is an example of eisegesis, seeing as the three things mentioned are not mentioned anywhere in the text.
Of course, anyone can reply to the question, including yourself if you feel inclined.
Rather than exclude the LORD in any way I might add this John,
The Lord even arranged for Paul and Silas to be arrested in that town, be in that specific Jail, on this particular jailor's watch (nightshift).

All I have sought to do is INCLUDE the Lord in His work.

Thus no random reaction of just ANY indiscriminate mortal here taught in this verse.

But preordained, prearranged for the saving of His elect "Jailor."

God was there long before Paul and Silas came on scene. And as I said it is simply illustrating God at work in the lives of His people.

I am sure you would agree John that the Lord is "First Cause" in all His acts of salvation or otherwise. We would always expect His grace and Holy Spirit to be present from the outset of this work. Just as we would want the Lord to be present in our preacher's pulpit work, and not just the mortal himself.

23

News Item6/13/09 6:48 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
DJC49 wrote:
IMHO, what *the wee fella* did in his post of 6/13/09 4:27 PM concerning the Philippian jailer was a good example of exposition rather than eisegesis of the verses in Acts. Why? Because there are corroborating Scriptures to back up his assertions.
Eisegesis is like what *prince charles* was doing (remember?) when he claimed that: "Noah was worried about his future" and that "Satan entered Peter for a while." To either claim, there was absolutely NO corroborating evidence from Scripture that could have backed up these assertions.
thanks
22

News Item6/13/09 6:20 PM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
John UK wrote:
I wanted to know if this is an example of eisegesis, seeing as the three things mentioned are not mentioned anywhere in the text
IMHO, what *the wee fella* did in his post of 6/13/09 4:27 PM concerning the Philippian jailer was a good example of exposition rather than eisegesis of the verses in Acts. Why? Because there are corroborating Scriptures to back up his assertions.

Eisegesis is like what *prince charles* was doing (remember?) when he claimed that: "Noah was worried about his future" and that "Satan entered Peter for a while." To either claim, there was absolutely NO corroborating evidence from Scripture that could have backed up these assertions.

21

News Item6/13/09 5:23 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
the wee fella wrote:
Yes but Mike, Look how the stage had been set beforehand by the Lord, just to bring His elect "jailor" unto salvation.
Naturally this would have included the Holy Spirit's work in his heart.
Thus "human reaction" was brought about by divine hand.....
Sorry little fella for using your post to ask DJC49 a question, but I'm only just learning theologicals you know, and I wanted to know if this is an example of eisegesis, seeing as the three things mentioned are not mentioned anywhere in the text.

Of course, anyone can reply to the question, including yourself if you feel inclined.

20

News Item6/13/09 4:27 PM
the wee fella  Find all comments by the wee fella
Mike wrote:
Your response to my post is a human reaction. You believe what you said is true. That is a human reaction.
Acts 16:29-31
"Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
No theological correctness in their response, was there? He asked what must I do... They told him what he must do.
Acts 16:32-34
"And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Dang, this just ain't complicated enough.

Yes but Mike, Look how the stage had been set beforehand by the Lord, just to bring His elect "jailor" unto salvation.
Naturally this would have included the Holy Spirit's work in his heart.

Thus "human reaction" was brought about by divine hand.

"For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth"

Have a nice Saturday.

19

News Item6/13/09 3:19 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Blue wrote:
If we come to Christ because of ANY human reaction - Then Christ will not receive us.
Your response to my post is a human reaction. You believe what you said is true. That is a human reaction.

Acts 16:29-31
"Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

No theological correctness in their response, was there? He asked what must I do... They told him what he must do.

Acts 16:32-34
"And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house."

Dang, this just ain't complicated enough.

18

News Item6/13/09 1:26 PM
Blue  Find all comments by Blue
Mike wrote:
It is the message of Christ and God's love that reveals depravity and hopelessness. If we come to Christ because we're afraid of what will happen if we don't, we come for the wrong reason.
If we come to Christ because of ANY human reaction - Then Christ will not receive us.

23 And then will I profess unto them, *I NEVER KNEW YOU:* depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

17

News Item6/13/09 12:22 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Mike wrote:
It is the message of Christ and God's love that reveals depravity and hopelessness. If we come to Christ because we're afraid of what will happen if we don't, we come for the wrong reason.
Isn't the whole purpose of receiving Jesus as ones Personal Savior to avoid spending eternity in Hell? That is why Jesus had to be Crucified and Resurrected to give mankind a chance to make Heaven their eternal home.
16

News Item6/13/09 11:54 AM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
Mike wrote:
If we come to Christ because we're afraid of what will happen if we don't, we come for the WRONG REASON
*Mike* | New York --

I hope that you aren't saying that there will neither be, nor should be, any element of fear of eternal damnation in one's coming to Christ, are you? If you are, then what are we to make of these verses? ...

Luk 3:7
"Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"

Mat 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Act 16:29,30
And he called for lights and rushed in and, trembling with fear, he fell down before Paul and Silas, and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"

Gal 3:24
"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith."

15

News Item6/13/09 9:28 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Girl wrote:
This lady says she wants the church to reach out with a message of 'love, hope and joy' or something like. No, there's already enough touchy-feely religion going around. We need to give out the message of certain judgement in the way the prophets used to. We need Jonathan Edwards and his ilk. People hear the message of 'love and peace', and say: "Of course, it's exactly what I deserve!" They need to know their depravity and their hoplessness before the message of Christ and God's love will ever affect them.
It is the message of Christ and God's love that reveals depravity and hopelessness. If we come to Christ because we're afraid of what will happen if we don't, we come for the wrong reason.
14

News Item6/13/09 8:34 AM
Girl | Australia  Find all comments by Girl
This lady says she wants the church to reach out with a message of 'love, hope and joy' or something like. No, there's already enough touchy-feely religion going around. We need to give out the message of certain judgement in the way the prophets used to. We need Jonathan Edwards and his ilk. People hear the message of 'love and peace', and say: "Of course, it's exactly what I deserve!" They need to know their depravity and their hoplessness before the message of Christ and God's love will ever affect them.
13

News Item6/12/09 9:51 PM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
Here's Evel Knievel's testimony given at the Crystal Cathedral April 22, 2007:

"I don't know what in the world happened. I don't know if it was the power of the prayer or God himself, but it just reached out, either while I was driving or walking down the sidewalk or sleeping, and it just -- the power of God in Jesus just grabbed me.... All of a sudden, I just believed in Jesus Christ. I did, I believed in him!... I rose up in bed and, I was by myself, and I said, 'Devil, Devil, you bast**d you, get away from me. I cast you out of my life.'... I just got on my knees and prayed that God would put his arms around me and never, ever, ever let me go."

Now, ... I'm not about to judge the man as to whether or not he was saved. But I read NOTHING whatsoever of the Gospel, nothing about repentance, nothing about Robert Schuller preaching the Gospel to Evel Knievel, and nothing about baptism by immersion. As a matter of fact, in the article about Knievel's testimony in *Christianity Today* and the ensuing baptisms, it mentioned that Robert A. Schuller (the son) was baptising with a candy dish and water.

So where do you get your information from, *John Yurick*? Your RCC Sunday bullentin?

12

News Item6/12/09 9:15 PM
just a thought  Find all comments by just a thought
John Y. You say Evel was saved because he 'received Jesus', because he 'was baptized', because Schuller went to Fla. to 'verify' this 'salvation'...is that about right? So, because Evel did all this, he was saved. What about the evidence of a changed life, the new birth? Did his life reflect a regenerated heart?
How is it Schuller 'verified' this salvation? Did he have some sort of checklist?
It would appear you still hold to the old RCC traditions, salvation by works. Sadly, you fail to comprehend how salvation is given; as a gift, by God's grace.
11

News Item6/12/09 7:54 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Frank Dombrosky wrote:
I'm for any church or denomination that preaches the plain, solid gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. As far as I know, this one never has. It is centered around a false "feelgoodism" message that makes people feel good about themselves while they are headed for Hell. Just like so many others in America.
You stated that Schuller has never preached the Gospel Of Jesus? Well when
Evel Knievel received Jesus as his Personal Savior he telephoned Schuller and Schuller went to Florida to verify that Knievel had received Jesus as Savior and then Schuller Baptized Knievel in the Crystal Cathedral by immersion. Schuller conducted Knievel's funeral and during the funeral Schuller stated that Knievel had become saved by receiving Jesus as Savior, which is preaching the Gospel Of Jesus.
10

News Item6/12/09 7:02 PM
Frank Dombrosky | Texas  Find all comments by Frank Dombrosky
I'm for any church or denomination that preaches the plain, solid gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. As far as I know, this one never has. It is centered around a false "feelgoodism" message that makes people feel good about themselves while they are headed for Hell. Just like so many others in America.
9

News Item6/12/09 10:45 AM
Kardense  Find all comments by Kardense
John Yurich USA wrote:
The denomination to which Schuller's church belongs to is called The Reformed Church In America.
There are a lot of churches called "Reformed" in the world.

There are a lot of congregations who call themselves "church" in the world.

But as Scripture states
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

AND

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

8
There are a total of 27 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
NYT Signals Change in Trump Editorial Narrative From Collusion...
dxd from youngstown, ohio: "floyd $ mayweather asked why nobody was calling donald..."
-3 min 
Churches arm, train congregants in wake of mass shootings
john uk: " herbal mama b, you are a work of art. 😂😂 ephesians 2:10 kjv ..."
-1 hrs 120 
Songs of Praise same-sex promo upsets viewers
g. bird from devon, england: "to watch anything produced by the bbc is capitulation..."
-2 hrs 



Dr. James M. Phillips
The Hebrew Wedding & The Bride

Bride of Christ Series
Sunday Service
Discover The Word With Dr Jim
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Don Green
The Need for New Birth

Truth Community Church
Midweek Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
Comfort in the Face of Suicide

Come into the Sanctuary
Sermons by Bob and Others
Staff Pick!Play! | MP4

Event: Aug 22-24, 2019
2019 Puritan Reformed Conference

Growing in Grace
Conference
Puritan Reformed Theological

Sermon:
The Implosion of America
E. A. Johnston

SPONSOR | 1,500+

SPONSOR




                   
We are immortal till our work is done. ... George Whitefield


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites New!
Favorites New! | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories