Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -56 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  9/20/2019
FRIDAY, APR 3, 2009  |  14 comments
Iowa court says gay marriage ban unconstitutional
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Iowa's Supreme Court legalized gay marriage Friday in a unanimous and emphatic decision that makes Iowa the third state - and first in the nation's heartland - to allow same-sex couples to wed.

CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
hosted.ap.org

Attitude Toward Homosexuality?
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Marriages MADE in Heaven! • Dr. John Barnett | 9/8/2002
•  God's View of Homosexuality, 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 8/8/2010
•  The Bible and Homosexuality • Dr. Stephen Jones | 4/9/2007
•  Ruling on Same Sex Marriage • Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. | 6/26/2015

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 6 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 21 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 18 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   09/19/19  |  Former Planned Parenthood President Speaks Out against the... • 2 comments
   09/19/19  |  OB/GYN confirms awful truth to Congress: Babies left to die • 3 comments
   09/18/19  |  China makes churches replace Ten Commandments with Xi Jinping... • 5 comments
   09/17/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Enjoy Lamplighter Theatre on SermonAudio! • 1 comments
   09/17/19  |  Democrats Unanimous Forcing Schools To Let Male Athletes Compete... • 21 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   09/20/19  |  Kanye West preaches ‘radical obedience’ to Jesus during Sunday... • 3 comments
   09/20/19  |  NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins • 3 comments
   09/20/19  |  Socialism: For Your Benefit — or Theirs? • 2 comments
   09/20/19  |  Evangelicals challenge Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission... • 3 comments
   09/20/19  |  Duke votes Young Life off campus over LGBTQ policy • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 14 user comment(s)
News Item4/7/09 2:02 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Itsabouttheremnant, I am going to sit squarely on the fence on this one. we had this fellow at Indian Hills and he is a good speaker, so I may squarely sit on the fence on this one, and point out what he has said,
Robert L. Thomas wrote:
Not quite as many years ago, Bernard Ramm advocated the same principle in different words: “But here we must remember the old adage: ‘Interpretation is one, application is many.’ This means that there is only one meaning to a passage...
from, [URL=http://www.tms.edu/tmsj/tmsj12c.pdf]]]THE PRINCIPLE OF SINGLE MEANING[/URL] and no complaints on what you said, Jessica, [URL=http://www.ihcc.org/images/booklets/pdf/L204.pdf]]]Instructions to Husbands, Fathers & Their Wives -- A Study of Men's Roles[/URL].
14

News Item4/6/09 3:02 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Robert, you brought up a very good comment about interpreting the Bible, and not being a Pope, I'll admit I can and have made mistakes in Biblical interpretation, which I do hard to avoid. [URL=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=92206122515]]]Principles of Bible Interpretation[/URL]. I will point out though, I guess I have mixed feelings about the idea though, or if I was being too literal? We do have responsibility to actual children. But anyway, you have a point, Robert. [URL=http://www.ihcc.org/images/booklets/pdf/BTR50.pdf]]]Humility and Worth of a Believer[/URL].
13

News Item4/4/09 7:56 PM
Jessica Dawson | Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by Jessica Dawson
In the beginning God made them male and female. God's ideal is one man and one woman for life or until death do they part. God hates divorce and many Christians these days and doing just that. Yet who am I to judge another, I will have to stand before the judgment seat of Christ. Others will have to stand before judgment also. It is before almighty God that they or I will stand or fall. Yet indeed God is able to make us to stand.
12

News Item4/4/09 4:48 PM
itsaboutheremnant | wales  Find all comments by itsaboutheremnant
Robert wrote:
The 'little ones' in context are believers,
No Robert the little ones in context are children and Jesus goes on to say their their angels are at the front of the queue for Gods ear

also your argument about people being self righteous when they protest against abortion rests on the idea that they are concerned with social justice maybe some are but there will surely be those who are concerned about it bevause of the gospel what you are saying is more of an accusation and untrue im sure for many of those people

11

News Item4/4/09 3:51 PM
Robert | North Carolina  Find all comments by Robert
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Matthew 18
6But whoso shall cause one of these little ones that believe on me to stumble, it is profitable for him that a great millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depth of the sea.
7Woe unto the world because of occasions of stumbling! for it must needs be that the occasions come; but woe to that man through whom the occasion cometh
Jim, I agree completely with the points you've made, but I believe you have misused the verses you've quoted. The 'little ones' in context are believers, who may be adults or children. This scripture does not say that child abusers are subject to extra punishment; it is a warning against misleading believers into error. Better use would be to employ this in warnings to false teachers.

I only bring this up because I have seen elders of a local congregation use that verse (Mt. 18.6) to justify their decision to exclude a man from public worship because of crimes he had committed before he was saved. (There's a lot more to that whole scenario, of course, but I spare you.) The point is, misinterpreting and misapplying scripture is dangerous, even when employed as a buttress for a sound argument with no apparent harm done.

10

News Item4/4/09 3:07 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John, you haven't seem to learn the word, "Sin" yet. They are completely sane and they are not psychotic, just like those Catholic priests that molest children, q.v., [URL=http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/handofgod/view/]]]Hand of God[/URL]. There is nothing psychotic about the leadership of the Roman Catholic Church, it just plainly isn't Christian -- [URL=http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=scandal2]]]The US Priest Scandal: Rome’s Strategy for Damage Limitation[/URL].

Anyway, gentlemen, something was brought to my attention, which probably was pointed out in a SermonAudio thread, but what I saw on t.v. news. It's one thing, that [URL=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=92807123612]]]The Bible Says Homosexuality is Sin[/URL], but the sinful government in Iowa let queer couples adopt children!

Matthew 18
6But whoso shall cause one of these little ones that believe on me to stumble, it is profitable for him that a great millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depth of the sea.
7Woe unto the world because of occasions of stumbling! for it must needs be that the occasions come; but woe to that man through whom the occasion cometh

9

News Item4/4/09 5:26 AM
itsaboutheremnant | wales  Find all comments by itsaboutheremnant
they wont be coming into my school
8

News Item4/4/09 5:22 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Satan's workers in government are at it again with their insane and psychotic activities. It is time that someone stood up to Satan's workers in government and the public schools and tell them enough is enough and we are not going to stand by anymore while they enact their insane and psychotic rules.
7

News Item4/3/09 7:02 PM
Publican | Northern Hemisphere  Contact via emailFind all comments by Publican
I can only hope for you that you're right, Jim Lincoln, but how many times have we seen, particularly in recent years, perverse and vitiate laws instituted to counter, not only what is in place as righteous laws, but even what is natural and seemingly known to be so by anyone.

It's too big for them to see. Having no fear of God and His judgment, they cannot understand why we (or anyone else) would not support two people in 'love'. Unthinking sentiment holds sway.

You wouldn't want to associate with this mindset, even if homosexuality was not the issue.

6

News Item4/3/09 6:09 PM
Embarrassed Iowan  Find all comments by Embarrassed Iowan
DJC49 wrote:
And I realize that IOWA is not all that conservative. As a matter of fact, it's one of the more liberal of the mid-western states.
But the point that WILL be made by all the talking heads and spin-doctors in the media is the very fact that IOWA is in the HEARTLAND of America and that's what matters. "Joe Blow" out there will read or hear *IOWA* and be stunned ... and the libs will run all day with the news that even middle America is finally "seeing the light."
You are right on. Iowa has always been a swing state, but has gotten more and more liberal in the last few decades. Des Moines and Iowa City (a college town as bad as Berkeley for stupidity) are the worst places.

Ever since we became the state that launched Jimmy Carter for President in '76, Iowa has gotten disproportionate attention in presidential campaigns, and the libs have come to stay in order to influence the process. And I remember in one poll some years back that Iowa was the only state that everyone in the country, regardless of where they lived, considered to be "in the Midwest."

This is a terrible, terrible day for us. I hope we can change our constitution, but the big money from outside our little state will come pouring in again. It's depressing.

5

News Item4/3/09 4:07 PM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
Mike wrote:
Iowa isn't all that conservative, not that it matters in this case. They did go for Obama in the election, whereas Kentucky and North Dakota went for McCain.

As for the idea that the court ruling represents "mainstreaming of gay marriage" because it is Iowa, that is ridiculous. What it represents is a court doing legislation, as courts do or attempt to do in other places as well.

Your point is well, ... taken, *Mike* | New York. And I realize that IOWA is not all that conservative. As a matter of fact, it's one of the more liberal of the mid-western states.

But the point that WILL be made by all the talking heads and spin-doctors in the media is the very fact that IOWA is in the HEARTLAND of America and that's what matters. "Joe Blow" out there will read or hear *IOWA* and be stunned ... and the libs will run all day with the news that even middle America is finally "seeing the light."

The major news media (the liberal propaganda machine) will indeed make hay with this latest legal developement: they'll attempt to drive the societal ethic further down the road to Sodom with incessant yammering. Their drumbeat will continue.

It makes me retch. ...

4

News Item4/3/09 3:46 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
DJC49 wrote:
Richard Socarides, an attorney and former senior adviser on gay rights to President Clinton, said the ruling carries extra significance coming from Iowa.
"It's a big win because, coming from Iowa, it represents the mainstreaming of gay marriage. And it shows that despite attempts stop gay marriage through right-wing ballot initiatives, like in California, the courts will continue to support the case for equal rights for gays," he said.
Its opponents were equally dismayed.
______
I almost expect this sort of stuff coming out of ultra-liberal states such as Taxachusettes or Californicate, but IOWA? Can Kentucky and North Dakota be far behind?
Iowa isn't all that conservative, not that it matters in this case. They did go for Obama in the election, whereas Kentucky and North Dakota went for McCain.

As for the idea that the court ruling represents "mainstreaming of gay marriage" because it is Iowa, that is ridiculous. What it represents is a court doing legislation, as courts do or attempt to do in other places as well.

3

News Item4/3/09 1:58 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Well, DJC49, Nebraska won't be right behind Iowa. Our ironclad constitution states, "Only marriage between a man and a woman shall be valid or recognized in Nebraska. The uniting of two persons of the same sex in a civil union, domestic partnership or other similar same-sex relationship shall not be valid or recognized in Nebraska." I guess we should have been flooding Iowa with that amendment! You have to remember that Iowa is one of the more liberal states in this part of country. [URL=http://www.ihcc.org/images/booklets/pdf/L118.pdf]]]Homosexuality[/URL] is abnormal, but then, many sins are.

Romans 1
24Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: 25for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature: 27and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due.

2

News Item4/3/09 1:53 PM
DJC49 | Florida  Contact via emailFind all comments by DJC49
Richard Socarides, an attorney and former senior adviser on gay rights to President Clinton, said the ruling carries extra significance coming from Iowa.

"It's a big win because, coming from Iowa, it represents the mainstreaming of gay marriage. And it shows that despite attempts stop gay marriage through right-wing ballot initiatives, like in California, the courts will continue to support the case for equal rights for gays," he said.

Its opponents were equally dismayed.

______

I almost expect this sort of stuff coming out of ultra-liberal states such as Taxachusettes or Californicate, but IOWA? Can Kentucky and North Dakota be far behind?

1
There are a total of 14 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Socialism: For Your Benefit — or Theirs?
just a guy from mississippi: "poverty for all, equality for none... that is the..."
-20 min 
Whites need not apply: Campus sci-tech symposium to only...
ken from the old south: "the ability to discriminate is a god given right. when we..."
-22 min 26 
NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins
just a guy from mississippi: "this climate change stuff is the biggest hoax since..."
-31 min 


Don Green
Moralistic Therapeutic Deism

Moralistic Therapeutic Deism
Midweek Service
Truth Community Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS

Beware the flatterer
Shane Stegemann

Drew McKeown
Restoring the Hopeless:..

Fearless in Faith
Drew McKeown
Play! | MP3

Rev. Arnoud T. Vergunst
Marriage Enrichment (6) The..

Marriage Enrichment
Netherlands Reformed
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Warnings About Public Schools

Finally Time to Get Them Out?
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Free Book Giveaway
desiringrevival.org/

SPONSOR | 13,100+

SPONSOR




                   
In heaven is no warfare but all well-fare. ... John Boys


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories