Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -33 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  8/26/2019
WEDNESDAY, FEB 25, 2009  |  22 comments
Fred Phelps barred from entering UK
The British government has done its bit and barred an American anti-gay Christian preacher and his daughter from entering the country - now it’s up to churches to do theirs, a group of evangelical Christians says.

The Reverend Fred Phelps, founder of the Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas, and his daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper, were barred from entering Britain after it emerged they planned to protest against a play about the murder of a gay man.

The reverend picketed the funeral of the student in the U.S. declaring he was “burning in hell” and has staged protests outside theatres.

Phelps believes the U.S. is doomed for tolerating homosexuals. The government last week said the pair were anticipated to spread “extremism and hatred”. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
blogs.reuters.com

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 6 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 21 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 18 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/22/19  |  Kentucky denies Planned Parenthood abortion license, says it... • 2 comments
   08/20/19  |  Tullian Tchividjian insists sex with former congregants was not... • 4 comments
   08/19/19  |  Poland's Kaczynski condemns gay pride marches • 4 comments
   08/19/19  |  Planned Parenthood to Leave Title X Program Next Week
   08/18/19  |  ‘Veggie Tales’ creator: 'Matter of time' before Christians are... • 5 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/23/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: My Favorite Things and the Notification Manager • 1 comments
   05/29/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Revamped SOLO Sites Make Church Websites Easy • 3 comments
   05/12/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Unlimited Video Streaming & Embedding • 14 comments
   03/26/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: New SA Partnership With Blue Letter Bible • 9 comments
   03/20/19  |  What is The Foundations Conference? • 11 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 22 user comment(s)
News Item7/29/09 1:23 AM
Cezar | Midwest  Find all comments by Cezar
[URL=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=213091952331]]]The rest of the story[/URL]

I don't agree with everything that Phelps does, but he does bring to the light sins that most people dare not touch or speak out against.

Also, he takes it to the heathens and doesn't hide behind a pulpit.

22

News Item3/6/09 3:17 AM
charles m | UK  Contact via emailFind all comments by charles m
yes, its called satanic you see because satan said it, thats the connection. repeated by paul in rom 10.
well guess this thread is winding down its been fun bye....
21

News Item3/5/09 1:26 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
charles m wrote:
The sovreign God does not set out His stall or hawk Jesus and see who comes, He is in control its not man who decides who goes to heaven but God. Satan thought that he should 'ascend to the most high' and so do some men, therefore arminism is a satanic doctrine.
Ooh, satanic. That's even better than "heresy."
20

News Item3/5/09 10:58 AM
charles m | UK  Contact via emailFind all comments by charles m
not a bad exposition of romans 9 and 10 but we also thank God for the 'good' things (i hope)

i think sermonaudio is a wonderful site

'dark lords spread some of the most wicked of satanic heresies worldwide '

thats a pretty good description of Billy Graham a bit strong tho

its somewhat wide of the mark to equate this reformed theology site with the RC church doctrines unless one was unsure of both

theistic evolutionist and billy grahamite ? no doubt the 'many roads to God ' school. broad is the road to damnation and many there are that travel it' its not about the world its about the remnant that our sovreign and gracious God has set apart for salvation. Jesus will never turn any away but they wont come unless God effectually calls them, if the doctrine of predestination causes a man or a woman to be joyful and grateful then thats a sure sign of salvation. The sovreign God does not set out His stall or hawk Jesus and see who comes, He is in control its not man who decides who goes to heaven but God. Satan thought that he should 'ascend to the most high' and so do some men, therefore arminism is a satanic doctrine.

19

News Item3/4/09 11:18 AM
Fred  Find all comments by Fred
Phelps is a proud Calvinist who takes his Calvinist gospel to its literal ends, that being that everything that ever occurs is God's will, and you are to thank God for all evil that occurs in the earth because God willed it all to be, including damnation for some, and salvation for others (like him).

Just like it always has been for years since the last time I came across sermon audio, this site is still a dark pit of the most vilest Satanic calvinist propaganda that exists on the earth. Shamelessly to the death its dark lords spread some of the most wicked of satanic heresies worldwide. Like Roman Catholics, only a few of them will ever repent, and most will fall into the eternal pit of hell.

18

News Item3/3/09 3:44 AM
charles m | UK  Contact via emailFind all comments by charles m
ha ha ! gene thingumy and rowan williams there is a duo to conjure with ! i meet more than a few people who claim things that they self evidently dont believe in, 'calvinists 'who have an allergic reaction when one alludes to total depravity or limited atonement 'creationists' who think you are mentaly handicapped for believing in a 6 day creation, or folk who talk sovreignty but still cant explain why a 'good' god allows 'bad' things to happen, even some who talk about being 'saved' and cant even begin to explain what they have been saved from ( doubt there would be anyone like that here tho)fred a plonker? check the snarling beasts who surround them an eyeopener to me anyway i realised for the first time the natural man really does hate God the Bible is right after all.
17

News Item3/2/09 2:36 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
pew view wrote:
Mike you can have Rowan too over there if you want, he could be a matching set for Gene the happy Bish.
Did ya have to remind me of that weirdo? I wonder if Nessie would find him edible.
16

News Item3/2/09 2:27 PM
pew view  Find all comments by pew view
charles m wrote:
yes ive noticed that as well, being a baptist doesnt neccessarily make you a calvinist, in fact id go furthur, ive never yet met a baptist that was a calvinist but WBC are firmly calvinist, i know this because Ive heard the teaching.
I've never met a Baptist who was a Calvinist either. I've met a few who thought they were; Yet when they received a SBC Liberal from the US of A, they couldn't tell the difference.
Maybe Spurgeon was the only real Baptist Calvinist we can lay claim to!
(That should rattle a few cages)

As for WBC and Freddie I think he is more of a plonker than a calvinist.

________________

Mike wrote:
Fred Phelps barred from the UK? And yet Rowan Williams is welcomed there. I wonder which one has the most potential for damaging the nation?
Mike you can have Rowan too over there if you want, he could be a matching set for Gene the happy Bish.
15

News Item3/2/09 2:22 PM
Guinness  Find all comments by Guinness
Mike wrote:
Fred Phelps barred from the UK? And yet Rowan Williams is welcomed there. I wonder which one has the most potential for damaging the nation?
Or each country is just stuck with its citizens unless they do a Bobby Fischer.
14

News Item3/2/09 2:00 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Fred Phelps barred from the UK? And yet Rowan Williams is welcomed there. I wonder which one has the most potential for damaging the nation?
13

News Item3/2/09 1:26 PM
charles m | UK  Contact via emailFind all comments by charles m
yes ive noticed that as well, being a baptist doesnt neccessarily make you a calvinist, in fact id go furthur, ive never yet met a baptist that was a calvinist but WBC are firmly calvinist, i know this because Ive heard the teaching. They dont stand outside funerals protesting they are rmoved hundreds of meters away and just stand there anyway, they would be welcome at my funeral id be honored to have anyone of this wonderful Godly family preach.

lots of christians seem to be confused about showing a loving attitude to sinners - to do what wbc do and endure the ineviteble hatred and disgrace and finger wagging from other christians specifically to warn sinners about their fate - that is a high expression of love - how many of their detractors would dare to confront mobs of militant sodomites with their sin ? I admit that my heart shrinks at the prospect and I admire WBC for their love of the Word. (Jesus is the word)

like i say if someone does not understand why they do what they do then that person does not have an sufficient grasp of sound doctrine.

i believe fred is right when he says if you love the doctrines of election, reprobation, linited atonement and Gods absolute sovreignty it is an excellent indicator of salvation

12

News Item3/2/09 5:51 AM
Nigel Owens | Ballymoney, Northern Ireland  Contact via emailFind all comments by Nigel Owens
I've watched quite a few things on Fred phelps and his followers. I've also visited a few of his websites. Not only do I disagree with them but I also find it hard to believe that he and those who follow him are even saved. I just can't understand why anyone would want to do what they do. Homosexuality is indeed unbiblical, however we need to reach out to them in love and treat them with the same kindness that we would show to any other sinner.
11

News Item2/27/09 9:49 PM
john dynes | belfast  Find all comments by john dynes
People like fred phelps and his family are a disgrace, how would they like it if other's protested at their family funerals, when suffering from deep grieve.

Also, to say they are ok because they are some sort of baptist church, does not make them even true calvinists.

10

News Item2/26/09 2:19 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Yes, Phelps should be allowed freedom of speech, which doesn't mean of course disrupting funerals. Right above [URL=]]]Allegations of abuse and cult behavior[/URL] You will see, "Many other Calvinists, such as James White[34], do not acknowledge Phelps, and regard his church as a cult." in the Wikipedia article about Phelps.
9

News Item2/26/09 7:16 AM
charles m | UK  Contact via emailFind all comments by charles m
i thank God for Fred and his family and pray for their work. I never miss a sermon, fred is extremely knowlegable about scripture and brave and took on civil rights cases back in the 60's when no one in his jim crow town would touch them. I take comfort from the fact that i understand his preaching and count it as one of the evidences of my election and calling. It is a measure of the lateness of the hour that our gracious God has sent fred and his family to the world. If you dont like the phelps and dont understand them then you either have some doctrinal problems or are not one of the elect
8

News Item2/25/09 9:37 PM
SBGG | S.Cal  Find all comments by SBGG
The Reagan administration barred Ian Paisley from entering the US based on his allegedly being anti-Roman Catholic.
7

News Item2/25/09 9:30 PM
plw | Mo  Find all comments by plw
Have you all heard this???

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=213091952331

6

News Item2/25/09 5:24 PM
Max | London  Find all comments by Max
I cannot agree with the WBC tactics.

However they have the courage to speak out against sin where ever they see it.

It's not often we see evangelicals in Britain openly rebuking sinful practices and immorality.

As for the Evangelical Alliance and others denouncing WBC, if only they were as quick to denounce Gay Pride or Homosexual adoptions or multi-faith prayer services...

5

News Item2/25/09 4:51 PM
Here24  Find all comments by Here24
Sadly this example highlights how perverted the British Government has become. Nobody in their right mind accepts Fred and his childish rantings.
But which is worse childish ranting or deviant politicians???

UK Political mindset has reached the level of abomination. We should therefore not be surprised that Christianity is persecuted on the island.

4

News Item2/25/09 4:15 PM
TT | Tennessee  Find all comments by TT
I don't think ignoramus should be censored either; everyone has a right to free speech. If he is breaking the law by intruding, disturbing the peace, and/or interrupting private funerals, he should be either thrown out or arrested.

What people should do is ignore him so maybe he and his 10 followers--all family members--will go away. He causes the name of God to be blasphemed due to his idiocy and ignorance of the Scripture and by spreading his hate-filled venom, keeping would be repenters out of the arms of Jesus. It's really a shame that he doesn't understand what keeps us out and gets us into heaven, i.e., the blood of Jesus Christ!

May God have mercy on us all!

3
There are a total of 22 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
SermonAudio Tip: Truly Unlimited Sermon Uploads for...
salman from hyderabad: "whenever i have some free time, i visit blogs to get some..."
-41 min 22 
The 'no-tech' school where screens are off limits – even at...
most challenging and fun game from usa: "rise in love is a new latest 2d best..."
-2 hrs 211 
Franklin Graham: SPLC is a 'sham'
the quiet christian: "franklin graham is a tar heel. he, unlike his dad, is not..."
-3 hrs 11 



Bill Parker
Conviction-Drives Us to Christ

Hebrews 4:12-16
Sunday Service
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS

The Cruelty of Pietism
Dr. Sacha Walicord

Hourly: Cast Your Cares on Him
Dr. Mark Minnick
Bob Jones University
Staff Picks..

Shawn Reynolds
Because I Live, Ye Live

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Sermon:
God is our Fortress
Drew McKeown

SPONSOR | 2,100+

SPONSOR




                   
You do not love the Lord at all unless you love the souls of others. ... C. H. Spurgeon


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites New!
Favorites New! | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories New!