Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -2 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  10/20/2019
Choice News MONDAY, JAN 5, 2009  |  49 comments
Update: Christian cop forced out for homosexuality stance


Graham Cogman

Update: Please pray for Graham Cogman and his wife Elaine, as they suffer for standing up for the Lord and his Word. He has now been sacked. He is without income and needs support of his fellow believers. His first Appeal is being heard by Chief Constable of Norfolk Police Mr Ian McPherson on 6th January 2009. Please feel free to email Mr McPherson, objecting to the harsh treatment of Pc Cogman, and urge the Chief Constable to reverse the decision to dismiss Pc Cogman. You can email the Chief Constable on kays@norfolk.pnn.police.uk -- Please do so before 6th January.

The Christian policeman sacked after a row over gay rights has told how his dismissal after 15 years in the force has ‚Äėdevastated‚Äô his family.

As The Mail on Sunday revealed in the summer, Graham Cogman objected to being ‚Äėbombarded‚Äô at work by emails and posters promoting events such as Gay History Month.

He responded to the ‚Äėpolitically correct‚Äô campaign by sending emails to colleagues quoting Biblical texts suggesting that homosexual sex was sinful.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.dailymail.co.uk

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 6 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 21 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 18 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   10/20/19  |  Louisiana could become the first state without abortion access... • 1 comments
   10/18/19  |  Religion Is on the Decline as More Adults Check ‚ÄėNone‚Äô • 14 comments
   10/14/19  |  Trump talks religious freedom, Kavanaugh, impeachment at Values... • 7 comments
   10/12/19  |  Beto O‚ÄôRourke says churches should lose tax-exempt status for... • 16 comments
   10/11/19  |  In-N-Out Owner Keeps Adding New Bible Verses to Packaging • 6 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 49 user comment(s)
News Item6/3/09 9:24 PM
Catt  Find all comments by Catt
Judge not lest thou be judged.
A cop who shows discriminatory behavior towards any group, race, or beliefs has no business being a cop.
If he had continued to use the internal messaging system to harrass someone because they made model rockets, or cheated on a spouse, or practiced another faith, he still would have been canned.
49

News Item1/18/09 3:02 PM
savedbygrace | Harrisburg, PA  Find all comments by savedbygrace
Phoenix Brew,

The unsaved hate the light.
Because they love the dark.

A death-bed fight.
And a toothless bark.

Judgement Day...you will be there!
Sinner unsaved - eternal scare.

Men's fairy tales throughout the world.
God's Bible is - God's wrath unfurled.

JOHN 3:36

48

News Item1/11/09 9:54 AM
wayneuk  Find all comments by wayneuk
'required to resign for failing to show politeness and tolerance to colleagues.’ see full news article

I recall a few years ago some wise comments on Answers In Genesis 'The Tyranny of Tolerance' now advocates the intolerance of Christianity.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v25/i4/editorial.asp

If you listen 14 mins into 'The Heart of the Matter' below then you will hear UK street preacher James Hamilton

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=19092018390

mention a uk teacher sacked for telling children there was no santa, in Manchester (where there was a shocking gay march) a street preacher threatened by Police and put in a Police van because in his message he said there was no santa-an intolerant father complianed to police as his daughter was upset! Then hear of the campaign of 'No God' posters on buses.

Now it is ok to say there is no God but to say there is no santy...woe betide free speech as it doesn't apply to Christians.

Listen to the sermon: 'The Golden Idol of Tolerance'
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=new&sermonID=1290616813

Acts 5: 29 'We must obey God rather than men'

Was that Graham Cogman's real 'mistake' in an intolerant Police Force

47

News Item1/10/09 10:52 PM
Publican | Northern Hemisphere  Contact via emailFind all comments by Publican
My gratitude, Tom Hardy.

Sadly, much of the time, those in authority rule not by right or reason, but by power only; placing us in a 'Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do', posture. A difficult position, even for those not in it. There is nothing we could say that they would understand or agree with.

46

News Item1/10/09 8:41 PM
Tom Hardy | Kelowna  Find all comments by Tom Hardy
I agree with publican, even Mr. Cogman admitted that it was stupid of him to use a vehicle that he knew that he was not allowed to use for issues like this.
As such he should accept the consequences of his actions.
However, I also see a double standard here. Why are these gay liaison officers allowed to spread their gay propaganda using the same vehicle that Mr. Cogman did?
45

News Item1/10/09 6:34 PM
Publican | Northern Hemisphere  Contact via emailFind all comments by Publican
It is as I feared. I will be the goat here.

If anyone questions my heart, I will be glad to open it to you.
I have waited and read every post. Someone else, perhaps...?

1Peter 2:20 more than applies here. Mr. Cogman admits that he disobeyed a direct ban.

'harsh and disproportionate' is a quantity. He stepped into their world, the moment he broke their order.

I believe the appeal to men and God must be made in the name of mercy, not 'right'.

We must be blameless.

I love the brother in Christ; but we do not dictate what our punishment should be, when we do wrong in the world. Pray God be merciful, not 'just'.

I pray everyone here knows my position on homosexuality; that I applaud a brother in Christ for taking a stand for truth; and that I lament his position and pray for his reinstatement.

44

News Item1/10/09 12:13 PM
GK  Find all comments by GK
phoenixbrew wrote:
The "buybull" is just a book, it's no excuse for hating gay people. Ignorant people would use the same fairy tale book to hate people of color. There is no excuse for hating people because they are different from the so-called norm.
oh you're so witty......I don't see why we should agree with men who have a perverse interest in another man's lower digestive tract

isn't it fascinating to watch the "I love everybody except Christians" atheists who,we are led to believe are so ethical and don't hate anyone- hypocritically demonstrating hatred of those who believe God and what he teaches.

and the irony is lost on virtually all of them.....

43

News Item1/9/09 4:14 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
The Facts wrote:
[2] Those who are NOT going to heaven but to eternal damnation in hell. These people can't receive the Truth from Scripture.
You mean won't, right?
42

News Item1/9/09 3:57 PM
Christian Raas | Switzerland  Find all comments by Christian Raas
Thank you Sophie, Paul Derek and lyn, usa for your helpful replies to my comments. I apologize for any harshness in my arguments, but naturally having to struggle with this sinful pattern of thought and behaviour I get very emotional talking about it. May God bless you all. I do believe that God can deliver a person completely from homosexuality and all that goes with it, but it may not happen overnight.

Sorry Nigel Tompsett for getting off track but I just couldn't resist to reply to some other comments already posted.

41

News Item1/9/09 3:15 PM
The Facts  Find all comments by The Facts
phoenixbrew wrote:
The "buybull" is just a book, it's no excuse for hating gay people. Ignorant people would use the same fairy tale book to hate people of color. There is no excuse for hating people because they are different from the so-called norm.
There are just two types of people in the world
[1] those who are saved by Christ unto eternal life in heaven. These are the folks whom GOD gives the ability to receive the Truth from His Holy Word the Bible.

[2] Those who are NOT going to heaven but to eternal damnation in hell. These people can't receive the Truth from Scripture.

GOD Stated.....
" If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leciticus 20:13.

40

News Item1/9/09 2:57 PM
phoenixbrew | Cleveland  Find all comments by phoenixbrew
The "buybull" is just a book, it's no excuse for hating gay people. Ignorant people would use the same fairy tale book to hate people of color. There is no excuse for hating people because they are different from the so-called norm.
39

News Item1/9/09 12:49 PM
Nigel Tompsett | Oulton Broad, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Nigel Tompsett
Thanks Lyn - I appreciate your comment.

Well, here's an update on Graham's situation:-

His Appeal with the Norfolk Chief Constable was not successful, although well argued, so his dismissal currently still stands.

However, his next Appeal is going to be lodged with the Norfolk Police Appeals Tribunal, and I will know soon hopefully, when that will be held, and if there is anyone you can contact to make your voice heard.

Many, many thanks for all the support so far.

Nigel

38

News Item1/9/09 12:20 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
Nigel~ you are correct; please accept my apologies.
37

News Item1/9/09 12:15 PM
Nigel Tompsett | Oulton Broad, Lowestoft, Suffolk, England  Protected NameContact via emailFind all comments by Nigel Tompsett
Guys, guys, guys....

This thread has gone seriously off track, however genuine the varying comments are.

Please, please, please could you continue these discussions on another thread, or start one for this subject?

I was merely asking for support for Pc Graham Cogman on here, not a full blown discussion on homosexuality...

Many thanks.

36

News Item1/9/09 10:25 AM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
Christian~ Women do have a strong nurturing instinct, maybe this plays a role in sexual immorality being more of a problem for men? However, when a society starts becoming infiltrated with lesbians, you know God has abandoned it. From Romans 1:26, "For this cause, God gave them up unto the vile affections, for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature." As John MacArthur puts it, 'Paul mentions women first to show the extent of debauchery under the wrath of abandonment, because in most cultures, women are the last to be affected by moral collapse'.

Your statement, "just the mere fact that there are so many more male homosexuals than lesbians in the world shows that THESE SINS ARE NOT THE SAME." To say that male homosexual sin and lesbianism are not the same {in regards to both being a sin against God} is simply not true. Both involve same sex sex, both are an abomination, and all who continue in it will perish. I don't find anything in God's word saying lesbians get lesser punishment. ALL SIN, regardless of 'type', will be judged by God.
May the Lord strengthen you as you battle this sin, may He grant you all wisdom, power and might to overcome...God bless

35

News Item1/9/09 8:39 AM
sophie  Find all comments by sophie
Zachary wrote:
God bless and be with you Sophie!
Thank you, Zachary. It would be easier if he did not profess Christ - this makes the pretense harder for me - but, nonetheless, you are correct in your use of scripture for the pattern to which we are to live.

Suffering is a necessary element in the refining process. "All who desire to live godly, will suffer persecution."

Actually, I think I could handle persecution better than presenting a false image. It is so second nature to us now, even in private - this very gracious, very courteous, very mannerly way of living that belies any depth of genuine intimacy.

"Life is a like box of chocolates - you never know what you'll get."

Hey, I had to lighten the atmosphere.

Having said all that, "His grace is sufficient."

Blessings on you and your family.

Love in Christ.

34

News Item1/9/09 7:44 AM
Zachary  Find all comments by Zachary
sophie wrote:
There is a lot of pain when one is a Christian and has to live the lies (things unsaid and denied) of the other person.
Whilst I can read your pain in your post - is this not the case of all Christians married to non-Christians.
I too am married to a non-believer, in my case it is my wife, after thirty seven years I can asure you it is a difficult and painful existence.
But are we also not called to live as strangers in this world? Strangers who do not belong, nor even think like our neighbour does?

1Cor 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Also.......
Matt 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Whilst these may not exactly console you always in your circumstance, they do show that we Christians are all in the same boat, (called persecution) in this world.

God bless and be with you Sophie!

33

News Item1/9/09 7:40 AM
Paul Derek | Norwich  Find all comments by Paul Derek
Dear Christian,
Your point was well made in the first place and I praise the Lord you have found the help you need. May the Lord continue to aid you.
Do not be tempted to waste your time with arguments about words. Sin is sin and all sin is as you say addictive.
There is no greater and no lesser sin, it is just sin. I am sure you know this deeply.
May God bless you and bring you peace.
32

News Item1/9/09 7:10 AM
sophie  Find all comments by sophie
Christian Raas/Switzerland

I can deal with truth. I love truth. I've lived my life transparently - some would say "naively".

You are upfront about your lifestyle and your testimony of God's delivering you from your sin, and the continuing struggle with sin.

This is a difficult subject -

There are those who marry and live in denial - who may not be practicing - and, no one would know, but the spouse knows there is a reason for the lack of intimacy.

This doesn't just involve the person struggling with the sin, but the spouse questions her own judgment because of the other person's denial. Not being able to confide in anyone makes it so lonely.

How I wish that men who have this struggle would not marry, just to present an image to the world.

There are several high profile cases in America of men in political office, etc., who have over the past several years come out as homosexual, and, continue to live that lifestyle while claiming to be Christian.

This particular sin is so insidious, and the effects so devastating.

There is a lot of pain when one is a Christian and has to live the lies (things unsaid and denied) of the other person.

31

News Item1/9/09 6:32 AM
Christian Raas | Switzerland  Find all comments by Christian Raas
Lyn from the US

I do agree that homosexuality is sinful, yet that does not contradict the fact, that it is a very addictive behaviour which is very difficult to overcome. I strongly believe that male homosexuality is much harder to overcome than lesbianism. They are NOT the same. ALL references in scripture to homosexuality apart from Romans 1 refer EXCLUSIVELY to MALE homosexuality. Only MALE homosexuality was punishable by death in the Old Testament. This seems to me to be a clear indication that male homosexuality is much more dangerous, powerful and destructive than lesbiansim. Sociology also testifies to this. There is much more promiscuity among male homosexuals, more change of partners, more frequent and more violent sexual practice etc. than among lesbians. Male homosexuals have higher suicide rates and lesser life expectancy than lesbians as well. So I think it is VERY clear that both biblically and sociologically sodomy and lesbianism are not to be compared, they are very different in their intensity and their grip on a persons life. Just the mere fact that there are so many more male homosexuals than lesbians in the world shows that these sins are not the same.

30
There are a total of 49 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Christians risk arrest if they display Bible in Saudi Arabia,...
the quiet christian: "except, jim, the progressives in google, facebook, apple, and..."
-2 hrs 
Kim Kardashian, kids baptized as Kanye West confirms he 'got...
b. mccausland: " adriel depends who is doing the reading. for example....... ..."
-2 hrs 108 
Louisiana could become the first state without abortion access...
dr. tim from way down yonder: "if a state passed a law that abortions could only be..."
-5 hrs 


Abbotsford, British Columbia
Emmanuel Free Reformed Church

Play! | More

Richard Caldwell Jr.
The Cure For Judgmentalism

Kinetic Type Sermon Clips
Sermon Clip
SermonAudio Classics
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Hourly: German Reformer Martin Luther
Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley
Sermons of Dr. Ian Paisley
Staff Picks..

Dr. Sacha Walicord
How to Answer a Fool

Proverbs Mini-series
Grace Reformed PCA
Play! | MP3

Sermon:
Who Is Jesus?
E. A. Johnston

SPONSOR | 5,700+

SPONSOR




                   
Keep the truth and the truth will keep you. ... William Bridge


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Solo Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories