School Field Trip to Teacher's Lesbian Wedding Sparks Controversy
First-graders in San Francisco took a field trip to City Hall to celebrate the marriage of their lesbian teacher on Friday, but opponents of same-sex marriage in the state say the field trip was an attempt to ‚Äúindoctrinate‚ÄĚ the students, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.
The field trip was suggested by a parent at the Creative Arts Charter School, and the school said the trip, where students tossed rose petals on their teacher and her wife as they left City Hall, was academically relevant.
"It really is what we call a teachable moment," said Liz Jaroslow, the school‚Äôs interim director, according to the newspaper. She said same-sex marriage had historic significance. "I think I'm well within the parameters."...
OK if my child (no matter what age) were going on a field trip ANYWHERE, they first need my permission in writing...if that were my kid, I would sue and demand the principle be fired. But unfortunetly the damage is done.
John Yurich wrote: That is false that most of the private schools are Catholic. There are Lutheran and Baptist schools. And the Catholic schools do not teach that homosexuality is right. The Catholic schools teach that homosexuality is wrong.
My comment is referring to the situation here in San Francisco.
hidemi williges wrote: Unfortunately, most of the private schools are catholic. Home schooling is the only alternative.
That is false that most of the private schools are Catholic. There are Lutheran and Baptist schools. And the Catholic schools do not teach that homosexuality is right. The Catholic schools teach that homosexuality is wrong.
1) Let the students participate in their teacher's wedding night. Afterall, many school districts allow sex-ed to be taught in kindergarten. Why not let them experience the real thing?
2) Let the students witness a marriage between a man and a woman and tell the kids this is what it "used to be."
3) Let the students have a mock sodomy wedding themselves. Why let all the adults have all the fun?
4) Have the boys and girls draw pictures of a penis and have the teacher lead a class chant: "bad!, bad!, bad!" over and over again before yoga practice.
5) Allow private time for the young girls (and effeminate boys--but they have to prove it) to examine their genitalia together and the newly-wed couple can show them all the right and special magical love areas.