Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -40 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA Newsroom
FRONT PAGE  |  1/25/2020
SUNDAY, OCT 9, 2005  |  26 comments
Teacher refuses 'intelligent design' statement
HARRISBURG, Pa. - A high school biology teacher testified Thursday that she and her colleagues refused to read a statement on "intelligent design" in class because they questioned the concept's scientific validity.

In a landmark trial over the Dover Area School Board's decision to include reference to intelligent design in its biology curriculum, teacher Jennifer Miller testified she didn't see the concept as a viable scientific alternative to the theory of evolution.

"It would misrepresent the importance of the theory of evolution to our students," said Miller, one of a group of teachers who presented a memo to the district asking to be excused from reading the statement on intelligent design. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.msnbc.msn.com

Was Darwin Right? Part 2
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Genesis: Reclaiming Culture • Ken Ham | 5/22/2003
•  Genesis and the Culture War • Ken Ham | 2/13/2017
•  Was Darwin Right? Part 2Dr. Terry Mortenson | 1/16/2009
•  Answers Academy: Big BangDr. Jason Lisle | 6/1/2005

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 6 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 21 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 18 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   01/25/20  |  IS child soldier executes Nigerian Christian student, declares... • 15 comments
   01/23/20  |  Trump proclaims National Sanctity of Human Life Day on 47th... • 43 comments
   01/21/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Internationalization, Reaching the World! • 2 comments
   01/20/20  |  Died: Jack Van Impe, Televangelist • 11 comments
   01/19/20  |  Trump administration tells schools they can't stop teachers or... • 21 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   01/21/20  |  SermonAudio Tip: Internationalization, Reaching the World! • 2 comments
   01/03/20  |  2019 Foundations Conference Followup Report • 4 comments
   12/30/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Second: Pearl Mountain Coffee, 100% Profits to... • 4 comments
   12/06/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Revamped MyChurch App for All Broadcasters! • 2 comments
   11/11/19  |  SermonAudio Tip: Player Keyboard Shortcuts, Playback Speeds
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
   01/25/20  |  China building a hospital to treat virus, expands lockdowns • 8 comments
   01/25/20  |  'Lives Worth Protecting' – Trump Admin. Backs Ohio Down Syndrome... • 6 comments
   01/25/20  |  IS child soldier executes Nigerian Christian student, declares... • 15 comments
   01/25/20  |  Spy Court Admits FISA Warrants Against Carter Page Were ‘Not... • 8 comments
   01/25/20  |  Trump Administration Plans Action Against California Over... • 5 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 26 user comment(s)
News Item12/5/19 4:08 AM
online marketing courses | pakistan  Contact via emailFind all comments by online marketing courses
[Removed by Moderator Alpha]
26

News Item11/28/19 2:25 AM
aladanh  Contact via emailFind all comments by aladanh
[Removed by Moderator Alpha]
25

News Item4/1/19 2:18 AM
PUB G | meerut  Contact via emailFind all comments by PUB G
a href="https://google.com" google /a
24

News Item1/15/19 11:33 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Jim Lincoln wrote:
The evolution News and Views site gives a variety of arguments.
How effective John Ankerberg has been over the years in trying to argue logically for Christianity may be up for debate, but I still think it's good that he made a stab at it.
I welcome the people who try to make a rational stand for intelligent design. Some at least of the IDers in the beginning were not Christian even.
Well Jim, I didn't read the article, but I will make a comment regarding Ankerberg. Ankerberg believes and teaches what is called an Old Earth Creation. He believes life and death happened for billions of years prior Adam and Eve and the fall in the Garden. His idea of intelligent design is simply theistic evolution dressed up so Christians won't be thought of as ignorant.

And to make matters worse, his group twists scripture to coincide with so-called scientific findings.

You are once again being duped.

23

News Item1/15/19 10:51 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
1 Corinthians 1:27-31
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption. Therefore, as it is written, Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord. ---ESV

Neil, I take the above as a given. All Christians are IDers, but certainly not all IDers are Christian

I don't think the teacher in the article had a leg to stand on, and at least the IDers have that. So she shouldn't have rejected every IDer support, though I assume she's an atheist and that is the reason she rejects Intelligent Design, because it's against her religion.👎

22

News Item1/14/19 11:21 PM
gun mayhem 2 | New York  Contact via emailFind all comments by gun mayhem 2
The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful
21

News Item1/14/19 1:57 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Neil, I would hope the following lecture would satisfy you?
You're changing the subject from ID to general apologetics. The Pascal quote implies natural "evidences" go nowhere with unbelievers, which I say too. Christians look at the stars and praise God, while unbelievers look at the stars and think, like Carl Sagan, "Wow! All that from nothing, billions of years ago." Same evidence, different beliefs depending upon presuppositions. Neither can be substantiated from science, which has nothing true to report.
20

News Item1/14/19 1:47 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Neil, I would hope the following lecture would satisfy you?
Blaise Pascal wrote:
....
Willing to appear openly to those who seek him with all their heart, and to be hidden from those who flee from him with all their heart, God so regulates the knowledge of himself that he has given indications of himself which are visible to those who seek him and not to those who do not seek him. There is enough light for those to see who only desire to see, and enough obscurity for those who have a contrary disposition....
excerpt from: "The Evidence for Christianity"

[ https://tinyurl.com/ya86792n ]

Wow, the things i can find when i'm looking for something else! I was looking around for a John Ankerberg comment and found this one which included blaise pascal's comment. by Professor William Lane Craig.

While the transcript is quite good, you can listen to the entire lecture with a question and answer section in it besides which no doubt contains a lot more material.

19

News Item1/14/19 1:24 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Jim Lincoln wrote:
I welcome the people who try to make a rational stand for intelligent design.
Trying isn't good enough when the argument is unsound. This is the "throw anything and hope it sticks" school of debate.
18

News Item1/14/19 12:57 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
The evolution News and Views site gives a variety of arguments.

How effective John Ankerberg has been over the years in trying to argue logically for Christianity may be up for debate, but I still think it's good that he made a stab at it.

I welcome the people who try to make a rational stand for intelligent design. Some at least of the IDers in the beginning were not Christian even.

17

News Item1/14/19 11:55 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Jim Lincoln wrote:
But, this a secular world, and at times a secular argument is something we are forced to use
I risk talking over your head here, but it's foolish to use an argument that was refuted centuries ago (see Hume). An informed opponent will make you look like an idiot. Do you want to risk that?

And appeals to empirical evidence (as most scientists use) are fallacious, whether they are for or against Creation. All scientists can offer are speculative models of how nature works, which can never be certain. This is why it keeps changing.

16

News Item1/14/19 11:46 AM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Here is a series of more recent articles on intelligent design.

https://evolutionnews.org/intelligent_design/

Now, these articles can be of varying quality, and more or less of use to the Christian. A Christian needs no arguments for Intelligent Design, it is a given for us--

John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him. Without him, nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness hasn’t overcome it.

But, this a secular world, and at times a secular argument is something we are forced to use

15

News Item1/14/19 10:19 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Jim wrote:
I understand the following books are good on this idea.
(Locke, "The Scientific Case Against Evolution", A Review of Michael Denton's "Evolution: A Theory in Crisis" & Michael J. Behe's "Darwin's Black Box").
While his book is a good read, it reflects his Catholic upbringing in attempting to argue for a Christian belief by appealing to Nature, not Scripture, which was Aquinas's approach. It's another variant of the Teleological Argument: this or that is complex, therefore there must be a god who created it.

Problem is, even if true, it doesn't logically follow that it's the God of the Bible. Avoid bad arguments for good things. We know something because the Bible Told Us So, not because of debatable empirical evidence.

14

News Item10/11/05 1:14 PM
RV | Kenosha  
John L I am a little confused by your message. You say that...

"The theory of evolution is that man orginated in the slim and evolved into human beings. If you believe this, than there is no God and you are accountable for your own actions. Another words, you become your own god. "

At this point I believe you are accurate, but then you end you letter with this...

"Humans are the only animal ashamed of their nakedness, but evolutionists become "as gods, knowing good and evil".

Here you are saying that a human is in fact an animal.

13

News Item10/11/05 10:57 AM
Chris | Maryland  
The last sentence of my 1st paragraph should read:

which should NOT be expressed in the "public" domain

12

News Item10/11/05 9:10 AM
Chris | Maryland  
Naturalism only came to predominate in the Sciences post-Darwin. Most Christians were rather content with this, as they were concerned only with the "spirtual" and not the "physical" which is the same problem we see today in liberal Christian circles--where Christianity is a a "private" belief which should be expressed in the "public" domain.

It is rather interestng that in general Science is the pursuit of truth, yet most practioners completely ignore God. Theology was once considered the Queen of the Sciences!

11

News Item10/10/05 2:34 PM
Jim | Nebraska  
Chris, I don't know if Naturalists suddenly took away any definition to science, says the rules the science, do exclude the supernatural from the very beginning. However, scientists have pointed out that the Darwinist's position is seriously flawed. Scientists, many of them, should start realizing by now the human mind is not capable of understanding everything -- even if there was no "supernatural" inventor of the universe. Personally, I would think you would even be logical to assume there is a God, but then I'm a Christian -- so I am biased also.

I understand the following books are good on this idea.

(Locke, "The Scientific Case Against Evolution", A Review of Michael Denton's "Evolution: A Theory in Crisis" & Michael J. Behe's "Darwin's Black Box").

10

News Item10/9/05 7:42 PM
Chris M | Australia  
No problem, just get someone else to read out the statement to the students. Clearly it is against the conscience of the teachers religious beliefs (in evolution) so she shouldn't be forced.
9

News Item10/9/05 5:08 PM
Chris | Maryland  
The problem is that Christians have allowed Natrualists to define Science. So by the current definition of Science any theory that involves God is automatically impossible. The intelligent design movement not only critisizes the Science of Evolution, but the inherant Natrualism in most of Science.
8

News Item10/9/05 4:22 PM
F&c | then  
..and who am I to say they haven't read enough statements? I would check my hat if I went back to intelligent design arguments...
7
There are a total of 26 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
IS child soldier executes Nigerian Christian student, declares...
stevenr from missouri: "“how then shall they call on him in whom they have not..."
-2 hrs 15 
More Non-Evangelicals Are Calling Themselves Born Again
trueholybiblechristiancatholic: "as publicly stated by myself, a..."
-3 hrs 16 
Trump to become first president in history to speak at March...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "i am somewhat surprised that no one commented on this..."
-3 hrs 





Hourly:
Leader or Loser?
Dr. Rand Hummel
Grace Baptist Church
Staff Picks..

Dr. James M. Phillips
CharismaticsDifferentGospel

The Near Cult Charismatic Move
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon:
When It Pleased God
Ken Wimer

SPONSOR | 4,000+

SPONSOR




                   
Trust God where you cannot trace Him. ... John MacDuff


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Solo Sites
Internationalization New!
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories