Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

7,168 active users!!Bandwidth
MAR 18, 2018
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Local & Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -48 min
Top Sermons
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
Sermon La cristiandad es un maraton 1 | Paco Orozco
Grace from Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
"Excelente motivación a la perseverancia en la vida cristiana."
-37 hrs 
Sermon Man Of Steel: Man Of Sin | Jason Cooley
Unspecified name
-42 hrs 
Sermon Super Heroes: Replace Christ | Jason Cooley
Unspecified name
-42 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item1/13/18 8:19 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
MS wrote:
"Dave, are you still vomiting"?
Maybe that wombat (bush mutton) that he had for breakfast was a tad off, and then reading some of the comments just did him in...
Some of the comments have certainly done me in, and I've not even eaten any wombat!!

So, this old fella's gonna take a few weeks away.

The Lord bless his Israel.

G'day to all the saints.

News Item1/13/18 6:41 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Dr. Tim wrote:
Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick. (2 Timothy 4:20). Why did the Apostle Paul leave Trophimus sick? Because Paul couldn't heal him. Why couldn't Paul heal him? Because the apostolic sign gifts were already passing off the scene before Paul's execution.
There's no mention anywhere in scripture of a "heavenly prayer language." God understands English quite well.
There is CERTAINLY no mention in the Bible of anyone ever being slain in the spirit. This is an asinine sideshow and nothing more.
Several years ago I read an article in National Geographic about some primitive tribesmen who would invite devils to come in and possess them. While under this demonic influence, they would speak in tongues. Careful!
I don't believe a church exists anywhere in which people speak in tongues in accordance with biblical restrictions. Therefore, what they aren't doing is of man, and not of God.
Case dismissed.
B....b.....b.....but, what about that which is perfect and the closing of the canon. Nothing can be proved from 1 Cor 13 and so you gotta be wrong! Like the rest of the Bible doesn't have anything to say to the issue!

Sad that some can't see the blindingly obvious.

News Item1/13/18 4:50 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Shane wrote:
Nor is it a declaration of belief in continuism.
Is it still ok to test everything carefully?
I'll answer that...
Shane to test means to interact with biblical arguments and offer refutation of what you don't agree with etc.

I have presented a case based on the purpose of sign miracles and gifts which you have not attempted to refute or interact with.

To my mind you are toying with unbelief not testing anything.

The fact that you clutched at John's offering 1 Cor 13 and that which is perfect smacks more of desperation.

Sorry bro, but I'm calling it as I see it.

As for John UK, he seems to love the toing and froing of doctrinal uncertainty which characterizes the immature. Poor chap is always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

News Item1/13/18 4:02 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
Stop Resisting wrote: dare resist his ordained powers which is *every* ordinance of *man*. You resist God and shall receive damnation as you were told you would.
In Acts 5 we read of the high priest and those with him being filled with indignation that so many of the sick gathered in Jerusalem so that Peter's shadow might fall on them for healing. They laid their hands on apostles and imprisoned them. An angel of the Lord loosed them from prison and commanded them to go speak in the temple the words of life.

Now read verse 28 which explains what the high priest and his company said to the apostles when they were brought before them again:

....Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

According to you this is then the ordinance of man and the apostles should have obeyed, right?

Then, if you're correct in your stance that is precisely what the apostles should have done to avoid the judgement of God. BUT instead we read:

29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Oh dear! Seems you are wrong!

News Item1/13/18 2:42 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
How exactly is one edified by praying something about which they are clueless?

It seems some use a different definition of "edify". The word clearly means to build up, but more specifically in the context, to build up through the understanding.

So your question is spot on. How does speaking in a foreign language build anyone up in the understanding even if they only use the gift in their private prayers.

1 Cor 14.14

For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

The problem with some unthinking continuists (and I acknowledge that this is not all of them) is that they do not make any allowance for the use of sarcarsm by Paul in his argumentation. I believe firmly that he uses this in 1 Cor 14. So for instance when he writes:

v2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Speaking mysteries to God in a foreign language, and that a gift of God to boot? Wow! And that is not sarcarsm?

News Item1/13/18 11:30 AM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Nice little distraction from Mr "Hath God said"?

As I have pointed out from the scriptures the sign gifts are tied to fresh revelations. If you people want to believe that the Bible is not complete and that we can expect further additions to it despite Revelation 22 vs 18, 19, then it tells us more about you than it does what the bible teaches.

Some people's uncertainty even extends to what the gospel is and whether BG preaches it or not. The same who think that rather than follow scriptural injunctions about how we should treat false gospel peddlers we should not show antagonism or speak of "excommunication" but rather embrace them with liberal notions of fuzzy love that accepts all things and that this is somehow a mark of true Christian character.

So I for one am not going to be listening to the doubt sowers, the double speakers, the theological weather vanes and those who believe in a yes and no god of their own making or those who promote their false notions of love, which bears no resemblance to the love the Bible speaks of.

Perhaps Mr I am no YES man can tell us what miracles he has performed lately and what fresh revelations he has received, other than the mystic type enjoyed by Madame Guyon.


Phillip Mezzapelle

Excellent point!

News Item1/12/18 3:37 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Dave wrote:
Elder Brother observer, dearest Shane, I think it is a question of salvation if someone remains in that train of thought and pushes apostolic gifts for today, as it always leads to false worship, which in essence is idolatry and of Satan not God
Sorry bro

I should have been more precise. I meant that I didn't think Shane's uncertainty on the issue touched on his salvation.

I take your point on the dangers of idolatry, and agree.

Lord bless.

News Item1/12/18 2:46 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
John UK wrote:
Mark 16:15-20 KJV
So that the unwary don't get taken in my this kind of proof texting, ask yourselves this:

Verse 17 - is this referring to those in verse 16 who will come to believe the gospel, or to verse 14 viz. to the disciples who would not believe the report of his resurrection and whom the Lord had to upbraid for their unbelief?

If the former is true, then every believer should have the signs following them. If you don't have them, what assurance do you have that you are saved? Also by implication every believer should be able to do all those signs, which is contrary to what Paul teaches in 1 Cor 12 about not every person having all the gifts because each has a different gift as part of the body.

But if the latter is true viz. that the reference was the to apostles, who had to be upbraided for their former unbelief then it is certainly true of them. The last verse of Mk 16 confirms this as does Heb 2.

Some don't like to study or think but consider their proof texting superior.


Bro Shane

It is not a salvation issue, but is a critical hermeneutics issue. So it is an important topic.

Be at peace bro. We're good

News Item1/12/18 2:21 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Shane wrote:
Dave, observer...
As with some other things, i just find it fearful to popeishly declare for certain that the Lord will not allow his gifts anymore. Is that not his business? Does this seem like foolishness to you?
Bro Shane

I gave you plenty of scriptures and explanations of them to back up what I am saying. In return you offer no refutation to what I have written but then insist that I am the one who is making popish declarations?!

From where I am standing you are the one who is making popish declarations about the gifts continuing without offering any scripture foundations for your beliefs.

You can believe what you will, I can't stop you, but if you want to be biblical then at least try and argue from the bible and make a half decent case.

News Item1/12/18 11:01 AM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Let me help
All temporary sign gifts have ceased
There you go
I have spoken!!!
No need for further discussion
Don’t thank me , just trying to be a help because that’s the kind of person I am 😀



How do you determine what is descriptive vs what is prescriptive?

Of course while the gifts were present the Corinthians had instructions concerning them. But does that mean that this becomes prescriptive for us? The early church had apostle and prophets. Are these continuing ministries? Do we have apostles today; people who were eye witnesses of our Lord's life, death and resurrection?

The apostles raised the dead? Have you known instances of this? If not why not? Are you able to do that? Have you prayed to be able to do it if these things are to continue?

Instead of asking about the purpose of things you are stuck on "its in the NT therefore without specific verses about them ceasing we have to continue to expect these things."

News Item1/12/18 2:58 AM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
I'm going to make this my last .. it's way past bedtime!

So the picture so far is that God sends messengers with fresh revelation and He authenticates them with the ability to perform sign miracles. In other words the 2 go hand in hand.

But let's take a trivial example to demonstrate a point that is often missed.

Let's take the example of smoking. Smoking is permitted but those businesses that don't want people smoking on their premises may put up signs to say "NO SMOKING ALLOWED HERE".

Let's say that the government in its wisdom decided to ban smoking altogether.

What do you suppose would happen to the signs?

Does there need to be specific legislation to say that since the government has now banned smoking, all those signs need to be taken down?

Of course not!!

But that is exactly the same with apostles and prophets. If they cease, new revelation ceases with them and hence there are no "new revelation" messengers to authenticate. The sign miracles vanish with them. No specific scripture reference is necessary to establish this because the 2 go hand in hand.

People who wish to argue for their continuation today are really ignorant of the scriptures. And as with all ignorant people, they are the boldest to affirm their ignorant beliefs!


News Item1/12/18 1:57 AM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Thanks Dave

Consider the apostle Paul. There were many false apostles and teachers in the early church who took exception to Paul and did everything in their power to undermine his person and his teachings. So Paul has to defend his apostleship and how does he do that? One of the arguments he uses is found in 2 Corinthians 12:12

"Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds."

Now think on this. If everyone in the NT was going around performing sign miracles etc then what was there specifically that Paul could appeal to that was peculiar to himself in terms of authenticating his apostleship?

The other thing to note is that sign miracles are not continuous on every page of the bible. Typically they occur with fresh bouts of revelation. Is that a coincidence?

Now please don't get me wrong. We do not deny that God can perform miracles even today. BUT that is not the issue. The issue is are there people with the ability to perform sign miracles? Does God attest people today with sign miracles?

If there is no fresh revelation because the canon of the Bible is closed and therefore there is no need for prophets/apostles today, why would the authenticating "sign" miracles and gifts still be extant?


News Item1/12/18 1:13 AM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse

So this is the first instance of a man performing miracles and these are the lessons that we learn:

1. The Lord enabled him to perform sign miracles
2. A "sign" is a message
3. The "message" is that the person performing the sign miracles is genuinely sent by God with new revelation

The Israelites became trained to expect sign miracles from all of their prophets. See Psalm 74.9a

"We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet...."

Why do you suppose the scribes and pharisees demanded a sign of Christ?

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

Or Why do you suppose that Christ is recorded to have performed so many miracles?

Turn now to Heb 2. The writer is speaking of the great salvation which was first spoken of by the Lord and which was confirmed by the apostles who heard him and then verse 4 reads:

God also BEARING THEM WITNESS, both with SIGNS AND WONDERS, and with DIVERS MIRACLES, and GIFTS OF THE HOLY GHOST, according to his own will

Did you catch that? It's about GOD authenticating his messengers!

That is what the sign miracles have always been about in the bible, unless you read the Bible with your eyes closed.


News Item1/12/18 12:53 AM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Shane wrote:
I just find it presumptuous to say that these things no longer exist without the scripture to back it.
You think I believe what I do without scriptural warrant?

Ok, Shane let's start looking at the whole issue from scratch. The law of first mention is extremely important. Who was the first recorded person to perform miracles? Why were they able to perform these miracles?

Let's look, shall we?

The answer is Moses, and the precise reason why he was enabled to perform miracles is plainly stated. Turn with me to Exodus 4 verse 1, where Moses expresses his concern that the Israelites may not believe him or that it was God who had really appeared to him and sent him. It is only at this point that the Lord tells him to cast the rod onto the ground etc and shows him what He is capable of and then verses 8, 9 reads "..8 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of of the latter sign 9 And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice...."


News Item1/11/18 5:57 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Chase wrote:
Although most manuscripts do have this portion of Scripture, our most reliable manuscripts do not.
And that is precisely the problem. You give too much credence to textual popelings! Since we don't have the autographs who is to say which are reliable and which not, leaving aside the 2 Romish corruptions, and those which are derived from areas where obvious heresy was being hatched?

No one said that Mark 16 was the only place which is contorted and used to teach something that it does not support.

Michael Kruger is an authority because he has written books on it?! Wow! I'm really impressed!

News Item1/11/18 5:32 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
MS wrote:
Hmmm..."we should refrain from using this section of Scripture for doctrine"?
Says who? Magesterium White, McArthur,or Chase from Az?...
If we concede the argument, given the increasing portions of God's Word which are being disputed by popelings of one kind and another, one wonders what would be left us to derive our doctrine from!!

Yep the new magisterium is certainly bold and presumptuous and not unlike the Anti-Christ in many ways.

News Item1/11/18 5:15 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Chase wrote:
Mark 16, specifically the longer ending of Mark, is a highly disputed text anyhow and many textual critics see it as not being written by Mark at all. Because of this we should refrain from using this section of Scripture for doctrine. ...
Because some "popelings" cast doubt on it, we should all cease to use it for doctrine? Really?!

Your otherwise good post was ruined by this ginormous fly in the ointment.

I can accept the disputed ending of Mark as the Word of God and still use it to refute the shallow understanding of some who try and use it to argue for Charismaticism.

News Item1/11/18 3:36 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Lurker wrote:
Prophesy, not stammer.
Excellent bro!

Bro James

I know what you mean, but you appear to have missed the gist of my post and I can't agree about the equivalence between OT prophets and the apostles. Apostles were those who were eye-witnesses of the Lord's life, death and resurrection, and were commissioned by the Lord - Paul only being excepted in terms of witnessing the Lord's life and death because he was as one born out of due time. They had full gospel light and were promised that they would be led into all the truth, whereas the OT prophets saw vaguely, dimly and desired to know more 1 Peter 1.10,11. The apostles were the foundation of the NT, not the OT prophets. They have privileges in the kingdom not given to other. And finally even by our Lord's reckoning the greatest OT prophet viz John the Baptist was nothing compared to the least in the kingdom of heaven Matt 11.11

I agree that they all spoke God's word, but I dare not discount the huge differences otherwise.

Blessings bro.

Sister MS

Warfield's book is a classic, but very few these days have the stomach for it. Itching ears syndrome prevents them enjoying the old paths. Delusion is preferable to truth especially to the special ones.

News Item1/11/18 1:09 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Alice wrote:
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today & forever.”
It’s Biblical.
I come across this kind of shallow thinking all the time, that because Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever that nothing should therefore change.

Well where were the apostles in the OT? Where is the gift of tongues in the OT? Why were these things introduced in the NT if Jesus Christ is the same all the time? Nothing should change, right?

Jesus pre-exited his birth, so why did he need to be born if nothing needs to change because he is ever the same? Why did he have to die, if nothing ever changes? Why did he have to be resurrected, if he is always the same?

News Item1/11/18 12:03 PM
Observer  Contact via emailFind all comments by Observer
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
Nete wrote:
Stop buying into this folly. He is not the only player praying to win.
This is what Russia has done to change the minds of weak minded,unlearned people. It only causes confusion while the enemy takes many captive. Why the article made its way onto this board only shows how Satan attempts to keep our minds on real issues that impact souls for eternity.
Care to explain how your comment is a response to mine?
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more

Dr. Joel Beeke
PowerClip: Open Windows

Kinetic Type Sermon Clips
Video DVD
SermonAudio Classics
Play! | MP4 | RSS

Mark S. Wisniewski
El Planeta De Los Necios

Proverbios - Spanish
Iglesia Nueva Obra en...
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Faith, Prayer, Biscuits,Gravy

Evangelism Awakening
Special Meeting

Pastor Michael Pickett
Thus Saith The Lord

Old Paths Strict Baptist
Sunday - AM
Play! | MP3

Event: Mar 13-15, 2018
2018 Spring Theology Conference

The Person and Work of Jesus Christ the Lord of Glory
  LIVE Webcast Event!  

Reformation Indy 2018
Reformed Presbyterian Church

SPONSOR | 1,100+


God never hastens, and He never tarries! ... Anonymous

Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

iPhone + iPad
Church App
Church App
Fire Tablet
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader

Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
Church Finder | Info
Sermon Player
Mobile & Apps
Podcasting | Videos
Live Webcasting
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards New!
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domain
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
Embed Codes New!
Logos | e-Sword | BW

Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Advertising | Local Ads
Support Us | Feedback Fridays | Stories