Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -41 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ EDDY FYING ”
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon UK 2019 Conf # 1 That God's purpose may stand... | James Guyo
Rita Beckett from New Jersey
"May we never tire of hearing such a glorious message of salvation."
-21 hrs 
Sermon 110. When Shall These Things Be? Pt 1 | Tim Fellure
Samantha
-23 hrs 
Sermon Morning Devotion 09/18/19 | Mark D. Campbell
Daniel b from Dominican Republic
-24 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 19 user comments posted recently.
News Item7/15/09 9:45 AM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
364
comments
"43.7 percent said they first doubted that all of the accounts and stories in the Bible are true during their high school years"

Why must we be subjected to this kind of peurile statistic in society today? If they were to conduct one on how many young adults understood quantum physics, they would be rebuked for it.
But the youth must understand Scripture without genuine teaching of it.

Thus education is lacking here not the knowledge or committment of the young.

But even the church can display a vivid lack in this area.

Take for example the term "sovereignty" Many in the churches display a lack of understanding here too.
OR
Is it because proper definition of it would upset their pet doctrines on the amazing saving power of sinners?

EG.

Biblicist wrote:
Does the queen of England control and determine your every thought, motive
Perhaps he has not grasped that the Queen is mortal. Education??
Sovereignty of GOD is actually something quite different from a mortal, Biblicist.

Psa 93:1 "The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting"


Survey7/22/08 4:28 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
DJC49 wrote:
I think that BOTH camps (Reformed and Arminian) often miss the point that regeneration / faith / repentance need not be conceived as chronological steps -- many of these "stages" should be seen as distinctions WITHIN A SINGLE PROCESS and that all (in one way or another) depend upon the sovereign work of God.
Yes I agree DJC49. The interesting thing about the fact of it being a one time event, is the question "How could ALL this be initiated by a mortal?"

However I expect our arminian/fw cousins would tell us the Lord would never impinge upon our social niceties without first acquiring our permission.


Survey7/22/08 2:59 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
JD wrote:
If you do not believe the gospel of Jesus Christ you will not be saved because every verse in the scriptures on the subject says that one must believe to be saved. He that thinks God is going to believe for him is in danger of the burning.
You cannot believe unto salvation WITHOUT saving faith.

The question is JD "Who can believe?"
You cannot overcome iniquity by human means.
You are spiritually dead until made alive by the Holy Spirit.
And JD you cannot blow down the walls of Jericho all by yourself.

1Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
// Speech by divine power. NOT human ability.
WHY???

5 That your FAITH should **NOT** stand in the wisdom of men, but in the POWER OF GOD.

//Paul continues...
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So the "natural" (unsaved) man Cannot receive - even the message without the Spirit. If he was using any human faculty, - IT would not WORK.

Faith IS the gift of GOD.
AMEN!!!


Survey7/22/08 10:16 AM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
JD wrote:
Eddy F and Lw,
You have 12 more days left and I suggest you do a lot better.
The challenge is (It seems you have forgotten what it is) for you to find any verse in scripture saying that faith is the gift of God.
Now, that is your claim.
My goal here is to have you prove to me that the scripture nowhere says that faith is the gift of God and by so doing, repent of this "follow the leader" theology and start thinking like you have a mind of your own.
Heb 11:30 "By faith [human faculty] the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days"

JD if you, as you keep testifying here, that you translate faith as human and not the gift of God.....

Then it's not your theology which troubles me....

It's your english comprehension.

All the verses quoted dispel the myth that faith is of human origin. And what, YOU can't read???

BTW
"He huffed and he puffed and he blew the walls down" - Is a fairy tale JD.


Survey7/21/08 3:33 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
JD wrote:
Is that your way of saying you failed to find one verse saying faith is the gift of God? I accept it!
JD I’ve personalized these ones for you. If you wish to translate faith as your own ability then you make a great Roman Catholic, JW, Liberal, Free willer, Arminian.

Gal 5:5] For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by [JD faculty]
Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the [JD faculty] of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by [JD faculty]
Heb 11:4 By [JD faculty] Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous,
V7 By [JD faculty] Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by [JD faculty].

V29 By [JD faculty] they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

V30 By [JD faculty] the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

WOW! Thats some religion you got there JD. Who needs God when you have a JD??


Survey7/21/08 2:17 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
JD wrote:
I will give you two whole weeks to find the scriptures saying that faith is the gift of God or to apologize
Faith which is NOT the gift of God is a HUMAN FACULTY. So.

Ro 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his [human faculty] is counted for righteousness
14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of [human faculty]: for whatsoever is not of [human faculty] is sin.
Gal 3:25 But after that [human faculty] is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster
Heb 11:1 Now [human faculty] is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen
Acts 15:9] And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by [human faculty]
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from [human faculty] to [human faculty] as it is written, The just shall live by [human faculty].
Rom 5:1] Therefore being justified by [human faculty], we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: [2] By whom also we have access by [human faculty] into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
#AND
1Pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your [human faculty], even the SALVATION of your souls.

[Well so JD says anyway]


Survey7/20/08 4:51 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
John 17

9 I pray for them: I pray NOT for the world, BUT for them which THOU HAST GIVEN me; for THEY are thine.
# Not only the Apostles did God draw to Christ. ONLY those that BELONG to God are prayed for by Christ.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
#"ALL" those who belong to God ar IN Christ from the beginning and HE will save them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world,
#The Elect are *in* the world and are here differentiated from the *world*(others)
"keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
# This covers ALL the Elect kept through GOD's own name.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name:
# Here Christ points to a specific time "when I was with them"
HE continues to keep 13 And now come I to thee;

14 ...and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
# Again does Christ separate the Elect from the rest. Another covering statement extends beyond the Apostles.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
# Which is done for all Elect.
Who are...
20 but for them also which shall believe on me through their word
# Christ covers all the Elect.


Survey7/20/08 2:49 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
JD wrote:
John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word

One should note the future tenses.

Ah the good old dispensationalist ploy of - "If it doesn't fit into our theory, then remove it to another time dimension"

So what JD teaches, is that it was not true at the time spoken by the Holy Spirit in John.

And when is this future time?
Maybe today? Maybe tomorrow? Maybe in the next dispensationalist hypothesis? It's all rather confusing, which part of the Bible refers to the Christian and when in history?

The Bible speaks by God the Holy Spirit THEN and NOW to the true believer, by faith the gift of God.
It is very sad that some even today cannot receive the simple truth, the whole counsel of God - but try to remove it from this time frame or that, as the case may be.

1Cor 4:19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the POWER.
20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in POWER.

The prayer of Jesus in John 17 as with all the promises of NT Scripture, can be claimed by grace/faith today as it was by faith throughout the previous 2000 years.

Rom 1:17 (gospel)..revealed from faith to faith....


Survey7/19/08 4:08 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
edifying wrote:
I will finish my points from Jn 17 but it will not help you and those like you because your mind is made up to not believe. Jn 3:19
Very original moniker.
The verses in my below post disagree with your assertion which I quoted.

The great thing about being a part of the Reformed Church is that we can observe the Holy Spirit at work in the 16th century Reformers writings. Today we can agree with that same stated Truth, because the Holy Spirit continues to provide that same Biblical doctrine. Truth does not change whether 2000 years ago or 400 years ago.

John 16:13 …the Spirit of TRUTH is come HE will guide you into all TRUTH….”

This promise of God is not just for once and never again.
BUT is the promise to the Church in all ages. We can therefore expect the TRUTH to remain constant in history. We can joy in the fact that it is not just with mans intellectual faculties by which we would discern the Truth, – But trust in God to provide by His Grace and Spirit.

God is sovereign.
Faith is the gift of God.
Man in his natural estate is dead in sin, thereby is Totally Depraved.
The only merit acceptable to God in being saved is that of Christ Crucified. Sinners therefore play ZERO part in coming to Christ.


Survey7/19/08 11:13 AM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
JD wrote:
that God will save whosoever will believe in Jesus Christ whether they have been elected before the foundation of the world or not.
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

1Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Matt 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

One assumes that God's omnipotence and omniscience is repudiated in JD's doctrine. But that would entail JD, acknowledging that God is sovereign over HIS creatures, and that they are dead in sin. Lesser god???


Survey7/19/08 10:14 AM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
JD wrote:
Therefore he was not speaking of those he had chosen to be saved, but those he had chosen for a particular service.
The great problem with Dispensational theory is that large junks of the Bible are not allowed to relate to the Church today, or at a variety of parts of history.

The good news (not covered by dispensationaal theory) is that God, Christ and the Holy Spirit are perfect; - they don't need to come up with different methods and ideas for differing stages of mans history.

The Covenant of Grace, as recorded in Scripture, is for ALL of the seed of Abraham by faith and IN Christ who is the head of the Covenant.

The theme in John 17 apply equally to the Church in all ages because God teaches there how HE thinks in terms of His Elect Church. The Elect today are no less "elect" than the Apostles were in their day. It is just that they had a different role to play in God's divine purpose and plan.
The Bible teaches us how God thinks and acts for His people in all ages.

Jesus states
John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Do you claim this promise today???
Do you believe on Jesus through the word recorded by God, by His Apostles???
Apparently JD can't.


Survey7/19/08 8:28 AM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
Mike wrote:
Eddy, this verse doesn't help the cause.
Calvin also said on John 17:9....

"Besides, we learn from these words, that God chooses out of the world those whom he thinks fit to choose to be heirs of life, and that this distinction is not made according to the merit of men, but depends on his mere good-pleasure. For those who think that the cause of election is in men must begin with faith. Now, Christ expressly declares that they who are given to him belong to the Father; and it is certain that they are given so as to believe, and that faith flows from this act of giving. If the origin of faith is this act of giving, and if election comes before it in order and time, what remains but that we acknowledge that those whom God wishes to be saved out of the world are elected by free grace? Now since Christ prays for the elect only, it is necessary for us to believe the doctrine of election, if we wish that he should plead with the Father for our salvation. A grievous injury, therefore, is inflicted on believers by those persons who endeavor to blot out the knowledgeof election from the hearts of believers, because they deprive them of the pleading and intercession of the Son of God."(John Calvin)


Survey7/19/08 7:59 AM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
Mike wrote:
this verse doesn't help the cause. You cannot say that because Jesus sent up a specific prayer for the 11, and said "I pray not for the world,.." that it must mean He "rejects the rest."
"I pray for them. Hitherto Christ has brought forward what might procure for the disciples favor with the Father. He now forms the prayer itself, in which he shows that he asks nothing but what is agreeable to the will of the Father, because he pleads with the Father in behalf of those only whom the Father himself willingly loves. He openly declares that he does not pray for the world, because he has no solicitude but about his own flock, which he received from the hand of the Father. But this might be thought to be absurd; for no better rule of prayer can be found than to follow Christ as our Guide and Teacher. Now, we are commanded to pray for all, (1Tim 2:17) and Christ himself afterwards prayed indiscriminately for all,
Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do, (Luke 23:34.)

I reply, the prayers which we offer for all are still limited to the elect of God. We ought to pray that this man, and that man, and every man, may be saved, and thus include the whole human race, because we cannot yet distinguish the elect"(John Calvin)


Survey7/18/08 5:17 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
873
comments
"View of women pastors"

I suppose it depends where you are sitting. But personally if I was sitting in the pew of the wrong church, I might see a woman - but I would not then see a pastor sent by Christ.

The Lord really meant it when HE recorded....

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.


Survey7/18/08 5:03 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
JD wrote:
I have an on topic question for any calvinist here, and I do not wish to be ignored.
How could anybody ignore you JD, you are far to important and belligerent to be ignored by us poor minions.

If any verse in Scripture illustrated the singleness of purpose, in the mind of God and Christ for the Elect it is John 17:9. Here the Son of God Himself selects whom He prays for - and rejects the rest. Thus do we perceive the mind of God, in His Son.

V21 simply continues His prayer for the two significant groups in His mind and view. Thus from V20

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word=(The Church)

21 That *THEY ALL* may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that *THEY* also may be one *IN US*: = (The witness of the Church in Christ)

TO the effect...
"that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

This separates True Church from the unsaved. The portrayal then is to the world who cannot believe unto salvation, versus the Elect, who can.


Survey7/13/08 3:05 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
Mike wrote:
The purpose of God according to election (Rom 9:11) is not individual election of Jacob and Esau to salvation and reprobation, but corporate election of Israel as the chosen nation of God.
Oh Yeah!!!

18 Therefore hath he mercy ON WHOM he will have mercy, and WHOM he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O MAN, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, WHY HAST THOU MADE ME THUS?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make ONE vessel unto honour, and ANOTHER unto dishonour?

Mike - You still haven't proved the arminian way.


Survey7/11/08 4:56 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
756
comments
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

"All those whom God hath predestinated unto life, and those only, he is pleased, in his appointed and accepted time, effectually to call,a by his Word and Spirit,b out of that state of sin and death, in which they are by nature, to grace and salvation by Jesus Christ;c enlightening their minds, spiritually and savingly, to understand the things of God;d taking away their heart of stone, and giving unto them an heart of flesh;e renewing their wills, and by his almighty power determining them to that which is good,f and effectually drawing them to Jesus Christ;g yet so as they come most freely, being made willing by his grace.h"(WCF)

a. Rom 8:30; 11:7; Eph 1:10-11. • b. 2 Cor 3:3, 6; 2 Thes 2:13-14. • c. Rom 8:2; Eph 2:1-5; 2 Tim 1:9-10. • d. Acts 26:18; 1 Cor 2:10, 12; Eph 1:17-18. • e. Ezek 36:26. • f. Deut 30:6; Ezek 11:19; 36:27; Phil 2:13. • g. John 6:44-45; Eph 1:19. • h. Psa 110:3; Song 1:4; John 6:37; Rom 6:16-18.

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."


Survey7/3/08 3:21 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
787
comments
"Though there are many places where predestination is explicitly or implicitly taught, it is most clearly and definitively taught in chapter nine of Paul's Epistle to the Romans. There are other places we could examine in the New Testament where human actions related to redemptive events were predestined by God in such a marvelous way that human responsible liberty was preserved (Acts 2:23, 4:28; and 1 Cor. 2:7). We should note, however, that these are events, not people. Paul repeatedly says that believers themselves are such only because they were predestined to this grace as God's gift (Rom. 8:29-30; Eph. 1:5, 11). This only follows since we are expressly taught that both faith and repentance originate from God, not from ourselves (Eph. 2:8-9; Phil. 1:29; 2 Thess. 2:11; 2 Tim. 2:25; cf. Heb. 12:17)."(S M Baugh)

Survey6/27/08 3:58 PM
Eddy Fying  Find all comments by Eddy Fying
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
JD wrote:
Now for the "beginning".
JD

2Thes2:13.....
"For he does not merely exempt from fear a few individuals, who had been led to Christ immediately on the commencement of the gospel, but this consolation belongs to all the elect of God, without exception. When, therefore, he says from the beginning, he means that there is no danger lest their salvation, which is founded on God's eternal election, should be overthrown, whatever tumultuous changes may occur. "However Satan may mix and confound all things in the world, your salvation, notwithstanding, has been placed on a footing of safety, prior to the creation of the world." Here, therefore, is the true port of safety, that God, who elected us of old, 4 will deliver us from all the evils that threaten us. For we are elected to salvation; we shall, therefore, be safe from destruction. But as it is not for us to penetrate into God's secret counsel, to seek there assurance of our salvation, he specifies signs or tokens of election, which should suffice us for the assurance of it."(J Calvin)




Shane Stegemann
Beware the flatterer

Proverbs 26:23-28; Ephesians...
Sunday Service
Presbyterian Reformed Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Dr. James M. Phillips
#116 Death

Matthew From the Greek Text
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

Alex Montoya
Kindred Spirits: Unity

IFCA International Convention
IFCA International
Video!Play! | MP4

E. A. Johnston
Jesus Is Able To Save Even You

Evangelistic Message
Evangelism Awakening
Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Warnings About Public Schools

Finally Time to Get Them Out?
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Event: Oct 11-13, 2019
2019 Springfield Bible Conference

"The Glory of Christ"
Conference
Faith Bible Church

Sermon: The Great Calm: Christ in..
Drew McKeown

SPONSOR | 4,700+

SPONSOR




                   
I have a great need for Christ; I have a great Christ for my need. ... C. H. Spurgeon


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories