Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -32 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ B. MCCAUSLAND ”
Page 1 | Page 6 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item8/6/19 5:47 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
42
comments
John UK wrote:
... God will have mercy on whom he will have mercy, ... and not wait until they have been taught the "whole counsel of God", passed their Shorter Catechism Class, their Larger Catechism Class, and can recite the Westminster Confession backwards.
John, this is not what is been sustained. You are taking the stick by the wrong end.

As a norm, there is an amount of knowledge a person needs to be able to exercise faith unto.
E.g the heathen will need to be informed from Creation on as he never even heard of the beginnings, while the RC pressuming on the existence of a judeo God needs specifically to be taught about the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice to repent from his confidence in the myth of the mass.

Salvation, or the effectual call you are talking about, does occur upon knowledge not upon the ambiguity of ignorance, or on the air of nothing.
On whom or what will they believe if the preaching is not given?

Often truth exists on the wings of parallel lines working together. However, human understanding delights in splitting hairs by denying one against the other.

The eternal call and the proclamation of truth paralell together. Both are true. We will not be wise in excluding one against the other.


News Item8/6/19 1:56 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
42
comments
John, your comment was expected and predictable. What you say stands but follow the context of the thought of line exposed. The word is truth and Christ is the truth. We are not going to speculate how God brings a sinner to himself though the spirit and the word, but the truth of Christ his Spirit bears in the heart.

"Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom"


News Item8/6/19 1:07 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
17
comments
John UK wrote:
Thanks Sister B for the history lesson. I find that sort of thing fascinating. Now that would be worth making a documentary of, and showing in Eire, don't you think?
Ireland's history repeats itself over the centuries along the same ilk of priest domination and hatred for truth, yet the official version plays on reverse, victimising the 'poor Irish' and defaming the protestant throne, ethics and sovereignty.

Many of such books need reprinted.


News Item8/6/19 12:55 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
42
comments
John UK wrote:
The call of Jesus is powerful
The example of Jesus is powerful.
His ministry started with a cutting call to repentance because the kingdom was at hand, yet his ministry went on *teaching* and preaching with all doctrine to which people were drawn to, eventually bringing them to faith in the living Son of God. Hence chapter after chapter of his teaching left to us in the pages of the four gospels.

We have our modern version of evangelism, but the blue print is " *teaching them all things* whatsoever I have commanded you"
It is the confrontation with truth that enlightens the mind and the spirit of man, as the truth of Christ his Spirit bears in the heart, not the three or four points of a minimised gospel.

" ... the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

"Go ye therefore, and *teach* all nations"


News Item8/5/19 8:52 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
42
comments
John UK wrote:
I have always held that... the law must do its work first of all, before ... the cure
While we engage in preaching a demi-gospel we are deceiving ourselves.

Yes, the fullness of God, as you point out, is needed in every life that is going to be of any effect. However, the content is as important

The church by large engage in giving a minimised version of the gospel stripped out of all doctrine. Hence, e.g. the tone of many enterprises such as Child Evangelism Fellowship that in spite of all good will and intent, induce in ignorance false conversions a galore.

Differently, Victorian Christian workers engaged the mind of the hearer in doctrinal presentation that demanded an intellectual and holistic commitment to truth, not a mere assent to an ethereal, semi mystical 'experience' of salvation as it is today.

Hence why RCs are not tackled at the key strokes. We have been seduced and reprogrammed to avoid such, falsely believing that truth has no power by itself, and we are content in presenting assent to the nice idea of being 'saved', of what they hardly know what from or what for.
Hence assent follows seeing no need for true conversion as we speak of different matters using the same terms because doctrine is missing


News Item8/5/19 8:18 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
17
comments
John UK wrote:
Old books on missions ...
John, there are local biographies from not very well known people dating from the late 1800's and early 1900's where one can glean information detailing the work of Independent British Baptists and lay Anglican missions bringing the gospel to Catholics in Ireland.
Such missions funded itinerant lay preachers that went house to house selling bibles, talking, preaching in the open air and teaching the bible in rural catholic areas and homes, starting schools to educate the catholic children before the national school system took over education in Britain.
Many were mobbed by the priests using the local authorities to chase them away and stop a totally legal practice.

Some tricks were remarkable.
E.g., in one occasion RC priests forward themselves to serve as teachers in those independent day schools started by the Anglican missionaries.
Naively in good faith they were accepted with the condition that the scriptures should be daily read each morning before starting the classes. This they promised to do, only to manage ceremonially to read the scriptures to an empty classroom each morning while keeping the children out of the building as the scriptures were read
Such was the hatred for scripture


News Item8/5/19 2:57 AM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
17
comments
John UK wrote:
Oluwole said:
“I am in the United Kingdom to bring back the true message of the gospel that Christians many years ago brought to Nigeria. I have seen first-hand what sadly many Christians have suffered in Nigeria.
It is ironic that I was accused of exactly what the Muslims are doing in my country... When will the UK wake up and realise that submission to Islam ...
I was interviewed, charged and put on trial for being a hate preacher... But the most loving thing that a preacher can do is tell people the truth not just about the gospel but also about false religions,... ”
... It takes a [Pentecostal] "Redeemed Christian Church of God" pastor from Nigeria to show how it's done, and when it's all over - back to sleep in Zion UK.
This trend started well into the end of the 1800's when Anglican lay preachers evangelised Irish catholics by showing them the inconsistencies of their religion against the bible teachings, getting many converts to the faith. This they did by giving children to memorize particular Scripture texts contradicting roman doctrines.
As now, the preachers were silent by threats and imprisonment, training indirectly with this the next generation never to dare to do the same to this day
Nothing new.

News Item8/4/19 7:38 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
42
comments
John UK wrote:
1. Sadly, the church's idea of preaching the gospel to every creature is to have a gospel preaching "service" once a week, at which they expect all the unregenerate to make an appearance and "hear the gospel". And so the Great Commission is fulfilled, and everyone is happy. God saves his elect, the church is being obedient and blessed, all is well with the world.

2. Now a tract, sister, is a preacher of the gospel of the grace of God. When people read it...

1. Surely the syndromes you describe here, typical of our age, apply, yet the causes and factors inducing or repressing evangelism may vary differently in every age, period or setting.

2. Literacy is a problem in our "illiterate" society

3. The demi-God called media preaches a total antagonistic gospel to the biblical gospel. Its main tenor being, man is good and truth is not only optional but relative. And while socialism cares for the individual from the cradle to the grave there is no need for a god.

4. The gospel is not preached today on the grounds of accountability against God's law, but as an utilitarian facility for peace of mind, feel good factor, or as a 'life insurance' type.


News Item8/4/19 1:46 AM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
42
comments
John UK wrote:
1. A parachurch organisation, Christian Concern, has gotten 45,000 signatures "demanding that the Home Office protect the rights of street preachers".
Well, for one thing, "Christian Concern" has no biblical warrant to exist.
For another thing, there is barely a church left in England or Wales who has the slightest interest in freely proclaiming the gospel in town centres any more, and the men who do so are either isolated independents, or they belong to parachurch organisations...

2.Now if these 45,000 people had gotten a hundred tracts each, and spent an hour of their life giving them out today, then four and a half million other people would have heard the gospel, and there could have been some folks saved, because it is God's will for the gospel to go out to the people.

1. John, still it is a mercy that the public can present a concern through lawful means in Britain.

2. On the other hand, marketing does not biblically mix well with evangelism, as that is a work of God's sovereign grace.
We can give as many tracts as you want without accomplishing grace.
Rather it is by God following with his enabling the foolishness of the preaching souls are gathered. Not saying that he will not use otherwise also.


Sermon7/30/19 7:09 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
Sermon:
The Confirmation of Jesus as the Messiah
Rev. Armen Thomassian
1
comment
“ Significant teaching ”
Useful and profitable

Sermon7/29/19 11:58 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
1
comment
“ Much edifying teaching ”
As preaching should be

News Item7/21/19 1:52 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
28
comments
John UK wrote:
It would be necessary to have all the facts to hand before watching such a thing, merely to check it out for accuracy. But most people are watching it to get the facts. Who but Christians, for example, know what the Gunpowder Plot was all about? I've never met anyone yet who knew about that, and why we have a bonfire with a Guy on top. Protestants could be right nasty as well as Catholics, both unregenerate.
John, no one can get to the bottom of all the facts about a particular, except God who was there all the time.

To investigate truth we simply compare primary and correlating topics, sources and issues, which method normally serves to detect flaws and slants.

See, one can deceive some for some time, but not all, all the time.


News Item7/21/19 1:44 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
65
comments
John UK wrote:
Here on these threads, it is a plain fact that not all are Christians. So what you call a "war" between Christians may in fact be a "spiritual war" between Christians and devils.
True.
Some of the most doctrinally affected clearly display symptoms of R.P.S.('religious personality disorder'), while all along presenting themselves as true believers, which kind can be quickly differentiated from the agitating trolls.

All the same however, the godly, in whatever rough stage they might be, can be promptly identified also.


News Item7/19/19 7:26 AM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
28
comments
John UK wrote:
If that be the case, Sister B, then there is no hope for me to gain a true knowledge of history. I do not have the books, and if I did, I have not the wherewithal to read them.
I have seen some good documentaries on TV, well I say good, but maybe there was an agenda which has transformed my thinking. One of those documentaries, a three part series,... the monarch Elisabeth I and her spy network. I think in the last episode it went forward into James I and the plots against his life, including the Gunpowder Plot by Catholics, which was most fascinating. It was a close shave. Other documentaries were on the UK when it was a system of kingdoms and there was no England, Wales, or Scotland at that time. I would love to read about all this, but I am too limited.
In that case a second hand Victorian text book on history for children found in second hand bookshops might be a good start.
On some of those topics you mention usually there is a dishonest slant under hand.

It is not necessarily what is portrait but what is not really said, or the conclusions forwarded to incite the viewer to take a side instead of allowing the viewer make his own mind after presenting all the facts, that makes the difference.


News Item7/19/19 3:09 AM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
28
comments
John UK wrote:
Actually Sister B, it was a genuine question, not a rhetorical one. My history knowledge is very limited, so that is why I ask questions to try to improve the situation.
I have tried to get a better understanding of the UK and how it came about, through watching documentaries on TV, and it is fascinating to see how it developed from the Roman occupation onwards.
John, the reading of old history books and primary sources, especially from the Victorian age or any sources preceding that time, is a must for true knowledge of history.
TV documentaries often carry hidden agendas and twisted takes about matters.
Regards

News Item7/17/19 7:27 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
28
comments
John UK wrote:
1. Chris GP, thanks for that

2. "How come there is a small part of Ireland, named Northern Ireland, which is run by the English?"

3. You can extend that to, "How come Wales, originally an independent territory, is now run by the English?"
You can then go on to, "How come the Scots, originally an independent territory, is now run by the English?"
Do you believe the English are quite innocent of any wrongdoing in the history of the British Isles?

1. Yes, thank you Chris for that informative summary.

2. Sorry John, you are holding the stick by the wrong end by saying this, exposing your poor knowledge of history.

3. What happened to the Welsh, to the Scots or to the Irish re. the English cannot be generalised or squared out under one single conclusion as you do.

4. Most of Great Britain's happenings between the 13 and 19th century should be understood as the conflict between faith and religion.

5. The Irish sustained such different indigenous ethics and laws from the English in history that made their politics, diplomacy, economy, and society totally irreconcilable in basic interests.

* * * *

Mike, present nationalisms exist out of blind secularism void of principle, identity, focus, understanding or logic.


Sermon7/15/19 8:05 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
1
comment
“ A testimony to the grace of God ”
Thank you Dr.Cairns for that Christ exalting word so fittingly followed by the singing of Mr Gingery "Christian anthem" of praise. A real taste of heavenly things.

News Item7/10/19 2:56 AM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
7
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Sinn Fein and the DUP, both may want the UK Parliament to handle these problems, so they don't have to take the blame for the results?
https://tinyurl.com/y6p8ryd9 (What does vote on Northern Ireland bill mean?)
This is what it is made to look like but there are other manipulating issues behind scenes creating such conditions

News Item7/6/19 12:40 PM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
500
comments
What is necessary for the salvation of one man is necessary for the salvation of another and of all. It is also of infinite value, being the righteousness of
the eternal Son of God, and therefore sufficient for all." —
(Hodge’s "Essays," pp.181,182

Thanks, Adriel

* * *

"... by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us,
... Christ,... through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God"

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life."


News Item7/6/19 9:58 AM
B. McCausland  Find all comments by B. McCausland
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
500
comments
Please, reconsider the line of thought presented and the issue at hand by rereading information discussed.
You are creating straw men of your own without digesting the facts explained.

No personal dialogue will be engaged in for the reasons already stated a while.

Again it would appreciated if your curtailed your negative, malicious remarks about those deferring from you.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 more



Dr. Andy Bloom
Steps To A Great Local Church

Psalm 119:105
Sunday - PM
Central Baptist Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS



Kevin Swanson
The Great Heritage of M. Henry

Generations Radio
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Stephen MacKenzie
Can Gays Be Saved?

Romans
Fishers of Men Bible...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sermon: The Pope Switches Religions
Kevin Swanson

SPONSOR | 14,100+

SPONSOR




                   
Mortification of the flesh is the true place of power in the Spirit. ... W. Kelly


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Solo Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories