Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -54 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ LURKER ”
Page 1 | Page 4 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item12/19/18 8:22 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
B. McCausland wrote:
If ever Xmass had a decent or valid religious practice and context in some time past, it's materialistic side has been powerfully hijacked by secularism and its profits to the point of no return as you say.
It's perpetuation feeds and depends on the ongoing myth of the Santa guru, but needs the apeacing religious factor to navigate the compromise due to the substantial evangelical or nominal Christian contingent.
Eventually, when society has become mainly atheistic, the celebration will return to its origins of a winter solstice festival, as Easter is intensingly becoming the spring celebration of life already in many European secularized countries.
Of course, Santa will remain part of the myth as a substitute of deity, a false god that is ever-present, omniscient, a rewarder of practice and benefactor of the helpless.
In short, this will remain that way because for the unbelieving the powerless Xmass babe 'cannot' render the same, or any relevant tangible 'good'.
To the true believer however, the Christ of redemption will remain what has always been, the biblical sin bearer, separated from sinners.
Thank you, sister.

Very sensible summary with which I agree.


News Item12/18/18 9:01 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
About this Christmas business.

It's not going to go away out of our society so why fight against it?

Would anyone fly a rainbow flag in front of their house in commemoration of God's covenant with Noah? Of course not yet there are those who annually fight to keep Christ in the holiday just so they can argue against it. Seems rather pointless to me.

Call it Krismas (after Kris Kringle) and let the heathens take it over completely.


News Item12/16/18 1:25 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
27
comments
eyestoseeearstohear wrote:
The Mark of the beast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKiOKEiU_fI
Interesting video.

However, there is a problem regarding timeline. Revelation 13 speaks of a sea beast and an earth beast. The earth beast receives his power to give the 666 mark from the sea beast who had a deadly wound which had healed.

So, no mark until after the sea beast is mortally wounded and his mortal wound is healed.


News Item12/15/18 5:21 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
138
comments
sc wrote:
Speaking of silver and gold...
Jeremiah 10:2-5
So,the Lord was speaking to His children in warning them not to learn the way of the heathen...not because they would worship the tree, in this instance, but because they would be following after vain traditions.
The text has nothing to do with Krismas trees or a perceived principle. It's about carving an idol and overlaying it with silver or gold.

See Isaiah 44:6ff for the rest of the story. In verse 6 God declares He is God and there is none other, a clear reference to the false gods carved from wood and overlain with silver and gold.


News Item12/5/18 7:28 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
Lurker and John UK...
Gentiles have been grafted into the promises that God made to Israel, so if God has forgotten His everlasting covenant that He made to them, we are in big trouble! The text you gave me, Lurker, reminds me of the part of Israel which was cut off from the cultivated olive tree. That doesn’t mean that God is through with Israel because He has promised to once again graft them back in! You two remind me of those who boast against Israel:
“do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand
J4J,

Spare me the rabbit trails. I addressed just one thing.... the everlasting covenant God made with Abraham and His seed called through Isaac and ratified with Jacob. What you do with the scripture I provided is up to you.


News Item12/5/18 2:24 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
What part of “everlasting covenant” do you not understand?
J4J,

I know better but I'll give reason from scripture a shot.

The Promised Land was given as an "everlasting possession" (Gen 17:8). How'd that work out?

The first covenant, given in two parts (Beauty and Bands aka Decalogue/Levitical Law and Deut 29-30, see also Gal 4:24), was given with conditions which Israel didn't keep. They broke His covenant (Jer 31:32) therefore He broke the same covenant:

And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock. And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people. Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel. (Zech 11:7-14)

The context of the prophecy is most important as it provides the timeline when God broke the first covenant. It also establishes the spiritual reality of the renting of the veil, the breaking of bread and the tearing down of the middle wall of separation. And finally, if the symbolism is missed, the meaning of the gospel, Christ crucified, is not perceived.

Christ crucified (gospel) IS the new covenant.


News Item12/4/18 12:04 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Hey Lurker could not respond to your post in the other thread. Thanks for your input. God bless you as you prepare to live through another, Algore must be crazy, cold winter. God bless
Thanks bro.

Yes, the cold and snowey winter is already here.... came early this year. Oh well..... someone's got to stay and shovel the sidewalks and driveways. All my neighbors have snow blowers but I still do mine the old fashioned way.

Blessings to you and yours.


News Item12/3/18 1:15 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
The Quiet Christian wrote:
What do you think, Brother?
Thanks for your thoughtful reply, bro.

Since you asked, here's what I think which I believe finds some harmony with your thoughts.

The 144,000 are sealed during the time the sixth seal is broken. The book only the Lamb is worthy to open would not be completely revealed until the seventh seal is broken. I believe that book is the same as the "books" opened at the great white throne judgment but not the same timeline. The 1,000 year reign of Christ, which I believe is concurrent with and the same as the first four trumpet sounds, is bookended between two judgments called "Day of the Lord ['s vengeance]" in the prophets. I believe the judgment or day of the Lord that begins with the breaking of the seventh seal is the one recorded in Revelation 19-20:3. At that time innocent blood is avenged (Rev 19:2, 20:4).

That said, there is no reason to believe that the 144,000 are the sum total of all the tribes of Israel that will ever be saved. Nor is there reason to believe that the tribe of Dan has forever been cast off.

Whatever your eschatological belief, I hope we can agree that the reign of Christ will be a time when He will send laborers to gather together that which He had scattered.


News Item12/2/18 3:06 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
The Quiet Christian wrote:
Interesting, Lurker! I don't remember that Ephraim was not counted...I always thought that it was Levi uncounted because they received the Lord as their inheritance and not land like the 12 which did. But my memory is faulty. Nice point about Ephraim being God's first born.
Hey bro. QC,

You are right regarding Levi not inheriting land as God was their inheritance. But that was when Israel first received their inheritance after the Exodus and I was speaking of the timeline of Revelation 7.

Thinking on this more.... There really isn't such a thing as a tribe of Joseph as both Ephraim and Manasseh received land inheritances when God brought them into the Promised Land. So while Joseph was a son of Jacob his two sons became tribe patriarchs under their own names.

However, in the sealing of the 144,000, the tribe of Joseph is named as having 12,000 sealed. So is the tribe of Manasseh. I can only conclude that we are to understand the tribe of Joseph to mean the progeny of Ephraim. Does that ring true to you?

And finally, the tribe of Dan is still missing. Doc Tim gave some good texts regarding God's promises to the seed of Jacob. No doubt Dan was a son of Jacob in spite of a negative review (Gen 49:16-17).


News Item12/1/18 2:07 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
The Quiet Christian wrote:
Agree, Connor, but you may want to recount those tribes in Revelation 7. Dan is missing. Because Joseph got a double portion, one of his sons, Manasseh, got Dan's part. Lots of talk about why Dan isn't found there, but a survey of OT history shows a great deal of bad behavior (and who of any tribe, or us, hasn't fallen short of the glory of God?). Maybe someone else has a better explanation?
Hey QC,

I can't say I have a better explanation but here is more to add to the mystery.

Manasseh, an adopted son of Jacob, is numbered as one of the tribes of Israel yet Ephraim, along with Dan, is not. Ephraim was given the firstborn blessing by Jacob in Egypt instead of Manasseh and in Jeremiah 31:1 God names Ephraim as His firstborn. And we all know that God claims all firstborn males as His.

Moses blessed Joseph thusly before his death:

Deut 33:17 His [Joseph's] glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Perhaps faulty eschatology is the cause of the mystery? If not, then God has cast away some of Jacob's seed He claimed.


News Item11/28/18 12:50 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Both the passage in Jeremiah and Ezekiel use the words "house of Israel". I am not denying we are part of the New Covenant but am saying the apparent teaching here is that God will once again deal with the nation of Israel on a national basis as part of the New Covenant.
Good morning brother,

Your comment caught my eye so for the sake of clarity I thought I'd comment even though you probably already know what I'm saying.

The "house of Israel" is a reference to the ten tribes of the northern kingdom while the "house of Judah" references the two tribes of the southern kingdom; Benjamin and Judah. As you know all twelve tribes were one nation until shortly after King Solomon's death. So most of the OT mentions of "Israel" speak of the northern kingdom if those mentions are after Solomon's death and stand in contrast to "Judah"; the southern kingdom.

An example of one kingdom yet two distinct nations during David's reign:

2 Sam 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah...

This is helpful in interpreting prophetic texts such as the black and white horsemen going into the north country (Israel) to quiet the spirit of the red horseman.


News Item11/21/18 1:00 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
99
comments
Plain Old Tim wrote:
I don’t know where you live, Lurker, but the “squirrel-proof” feeder doesn’t work at my house. The squirrels just move a stepladder next to the feeders and go right on stealing birdseed.
Ha! Must be scary and intimidating to have squirrels bigger and smarter than you. I'm so embarrassed for you, bro! I sure hope you carry when filling the feeders.

News Item11/21/18 12:47 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
99
comments
Dolores wrote:
I had to give up feeding birds also because the squirrels kept eating the feed and sunflower seeds are so expensive now plus I don’t want to have to deal with 85 lb squirrels like yours!! 😂
Hi Dolores,

Enjoying your posts. I found a squirrel proof feeder several years back that actually works. You may want to check it out in the link below.

https://www.duncraft.com/Squirrel-Proof-Birders-Choice-Feeder

After many failed attempts the squirrels that frequent our feeder have been satisfied to feed from what the birds drop on the ground.

Blessings to you and yours this Thanksgiving season. And to all here on SA.


News Item11/15/18 4:53 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
277
comments
erIK Caasey wrote:
Heb 2:7-8 KJV - Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst SET HIM OVER the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in SUBJECTION under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we SEE NOT YET all things put under him.
I shouldn't bother but since you seem to think this text has some bearing on your argument, I'll help you out.

The context of the chapter tells us the timeline of the text is while Jesus walked amongst men on earth. These honors were bestowed on Jesus by the Father even though the Jews refused to come under His feet. If you don't believe me, check out Matthew Henry as he says the same thing.

The text you are looking for is in Daniel although it doesn't help your agenda.

Dan 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.


News Item11/14/18 11:51 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
277
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Erik is a false teacher spreading lies. “Everyone is a Christian” is in direct opposition to the words of our great God and Savior. No wonder he starts with the wrong premise. (I Corinthians 2:14) May God have mercy on him and lead him to a saving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
Agreed brother,

Erik isn't going to ride off into the sunset gracefully so it's up to us, who know he's looking for a platform to teach and spread his heresies, to shut his water off. It's been interesting to hear his views but reasoning with him from scripture obviously isn't going to work. He wants to teach/indoctrinate, not have his views challenged with sound biblical exegesis.

Btw, Erik contradicted himself when He said "First, there are no non-christians. Everyone who has been born since the ascension of Christ is a Christian." and then said this; "When one mentions a Christian Magistracy they immediately think of the Spanish Inquisition, or Bloody Mary or the like. These regimes are not Christians."

House of cards.

. . .

Erik, I ask again: What does God require of YOU?


News Item11/14/18 11:28 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
277
comments
Erik Casey wrote:
... we can't forget that Christ commands us to Nationally covenant with him and that we were violating the National Covenant that he already gave us.
Erik. Your absurd assertions, stated as though they are indisputable biblical fact, are getting tiresome. Your posts are filled with them and they're all your agenda driven spin at best to outright fabrications.

God and God alone makes and breaks covenants. The only covenant His people need to know is His covenant of peace. My guess is you have no clue what I'm talking about which tells me that YOU are the heretic on this forum.

Tell me plainly and simply.... what does God require of YOU? If you can't answer in 50 characters or less, you probably don't know God and worse He probably doesn't know you.


News Item11/14/18 9:38 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
277
comments
Erik Casey wrote:
First, there are no non-christians. Everyone who has been born since the ascension of Christ is a Christian.
2 Tim 3:16, sorry for butting in but I just can't pass this one up.

Erik, you would do well to search for "new name" and "another name" and read in context:

Is 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

Rev 2:17 To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Is 65:15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name.

I'll give you one guess what that new name was and a hint: Acts 11:26. And it comes in a white stone, a declaration of innocence before God.

You need to give it up while you're behind.


News Item11/14/18 8:45 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
277
comments
Erik Casey wrote:
Hey!! why isn't any one defending their US Constitution?
I have just one question, Erik.

Since you seem to be a little down on the US Constitution, why is it that you are a registered Republican down there in Fountain Inn, SC? Surely you wouldn't partake in the ungodly act of voting.


News Item11/13/18 12:10 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
277
comments
Susan Abel wrote:
Lurker, I do not believe that Erik was trying to put words in your mouth. I believe that he was trying to understand what you wrote. It is not all that clear.
Let me be very clear then.

Erik asserted: "Jesus fulfilled the law by being punished for our sins."

Paul wrote: Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

So who is right?


News Item11/12/18 11:48 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
277
comments
Erik Casey wrote:
1) Lurker, are you saying that the death of Christ saves his people simply because he loved them enough to die for them.

2) And that my assertion that Jesus' death was to pay the penalty for the sins of the elect, is wrong?

1) I didn't say or imply anything other than specifically addressing your assertion. So I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't put words in my mouth I didn't say whether they be true or not.

2) Once again, here is your specific assertion: "Jesus fulfilled the law by being punished for our sins."

Seems you and Susan are on the same wavelength..... anything to divert from biblically defending what you assert.

Jump to Page : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 more


Barry Spears
The Broken Ships

Break Every Chain Tent Rally
Special Meeting
Redeeming Blood Ministries
Play! | MP3 | RSS



Rev. Arnoud T. Vergunst
Marriage Enrichment (4) Him..

Marriage Enrichment
Netherlands Reformed
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Event: Oct 11-13, 2019
2019 Springfield Bible Conference

"The Glory of Christ"
Conference
Faith Bible Church

Sermon:
The Conversion Of..
E. A. Johnston

SPONSOR | 3,800+

SPONSOR




                   
Everyone who is a man of God has omnipotence as his guardian. ... C. H. Spurgeon


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories