Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -39 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ JOHN FOR JESUS ”
Page 1 | Page 3 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item1/13/19 6:22 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
27
comments
They would have lost members if he didn’t step down. I wonder if they lost any when he left?

News Item1/12/19 4:08 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
46
comments
“Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:16-17‬

“On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:7‬

The Apostles started gathering the church together on the first day of the week for communion and preaching.

“On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭16:2‬

They collected tithes on the first day of the week.

More than likely because Jesus rose on the first day of the week and the Jews were practicing the Sabbath on the last day of the week.

Back to the article, I wonder what Charles Stanley thinks of all of this?


News Item1/12/19 7:56 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
46
comments
“But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code. What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, "You shall not covet."

So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:6-7, 12‬ ‭

If the law points out sin, doesn’t that apply to believers?

“What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:1-2, 12‬ ‭

Being saved isn’t a free pass to sin. In order to not let sin reign , we must know what sin is through the law! It still applies!


News Item1/2/19 12:32 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
54
comments
John Yurich...

I didn’t vote for any of them. I just voted for local officials and issues. I couldn’t vote for Trump! James said show me your faith by your works. I don’t see any faith in the works of President Trump. I think he is just being politically expedient by keeping the evangelical vote for the next go around. Things may change if he gets their vote again. I think what keeps him somewhat conservative is his desire to win in 2020. Could he prove me wrong? Yes and I hope he does!


News Item1/2/19 10:53 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
54
comments
Jim...

Sure, President Trump can’t seem to run his cabinet, needed help from Dennis Rodman with North Korea, one of his biggest allies is Kanye West, and the First Lady may become the first to ever step down from office by divorcing him. However, I think he makes good political decisions like trying to build a wall and having people enter the country the right way. I also think he is correct that the US has some bad trade agreements that need to be tweaked. Romney comes across as bitter and knows all to well about those things that he charges the President with. Have you ever read about the history of racism, sexism, and dishonesty within the Mormon “Latter Day Saints”?! I know you have, that’s why you said we shouldn’t have to get moral leadership from Romney, but to just shoot off at the mouth is not leadership. He is acting exactly like Trump with his tweets.


News Item1/2/19 6:24 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
38
comments
My son was autistic from the womb before he ever had a vaccine. I tend to believe these studies that there is no correlation. However, some parents believe there must be a cause and want to find a cure. So I think their heart is in the right spot but they are barking up the wrong tree.

News Item1/2/19 6:14 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
54
comments
I couldn’t vote for President Trump for some of those same reasons Jim. At the same time, I support him as my President and I have to say, he has done a pretty decent job overall. I’m still waiting for the other shoe to drop and it to all go bad somehow. People can change, however he has always been kind of immoral and I doubt his Christian faith. He made money through owning casinos, cheated on his wives, filed for bankruptcy rather than pay off debts, his children have mostly converted to Judaism which he doesn’t seem to concerned about, and I could go on. I really don’t get Jerry Falwell Jr’s point.

News Item12/31/18 9:09 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
18
comments
He tripped the algorithm. At least they let him back on.

News Item12/30/18 6:06 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
9
comments
They should be more concerned with putting off divorce for their God.

News Item12/30/18 5:54 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
16
comments
No wonder my ancestors left Scotland and came to the US!

News Item12/30/18 5:46 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
12
comments
If this were true, I’m sure the news media would be all over this! We all know you can’t have one country trying to influence another country’s elections!

News Item12/9/18 4:45 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK wrote:
John, what happens then? Does he die? Does he perish in the flames? Does he cease to exist? Is that the final end of his life? Does he lose consciousness, blacks out? What?
“And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25:46‬

The punishment is eternal. If a person ceased to exist that wouldn’t be eternal punishment.


News Item12/9/18 3:05 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK wrote:
So "perish" in John 3:16 is talking about the second death. The second death is when Death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire. Is that it?
So, what happens to the unbeliever?
“Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:14-15‬

News Item12/9/18 1:49 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK wrote:
And what does this mean for the man in the street?
“And this is the promise that he made to us—eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:25‬

The promises which were given to Israel to take away their sins can be theirs through faith in Jesus Christ.


News Item12/9/18 10:27 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK wrote:
"dying like a sinner"
John, how do you understand the word "perish" in the following verse:
John 3:16 KJV
(16)  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
By perish it is talking about the second death.

“Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:14‬


News Item12/9/18 8:22 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK wrote:
1) John, you really need to be careful with words and how you put them together. Here is what you said:
"It is appointed unto us all to die, and Jesus died."
You see how you've tied in the death common to all men because of sin, with the death of Jesus? If you didn't mean that, why add "and Jesus died"?
2) As for saying that it is those who believe who have the Son, I can assure you that devils believe far more about Jesus Christ than you do, and they tremble.
3) John, it is time for you to begin trembling, over your sins and over your unbelief and over your rebellion against God. Until you feel able to cast yourself on God's mercy, shown through the substitute of Jesus Christ, when he died for sin, you will only ever have a man-centred faith, one which can never save.
1) Jesus came in the likeness of sinful man, yet He was without sin. He suffered for our sins by dying like a sinner.

“For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:3‬

2) “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:16‬

3) So you are saying there is something I can do to be saved?


News Item12/9/18 6:22 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK wrote:
John, you say, "It is appointed unto us all to die, and Jesus died, except He was without sin."
That is a dreadful statement! And heretical! It is appointed unto MEN to die, and that, for their sins.
Read these two verses an hundred times.
Hebrews 9:27-28 KJV
(27)  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
(28)  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Stating a fact is now heretical? Jesus did die. The Just for the unjust. However, because Jesus alone was sinless and faultless before God the Father, He was worthy to be raised from the dead. Now if you are without the Son, you are not a child of God. Who has the Son? Those who first believed!

News Item12/8/18 5:52 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK...

It is appointed unto us all to die, and Jesus died, except He was without sin. Therefore, He alone was worthy to be raised from the dead. It’s that simple! He couldn’t have paid back to God what we did because sin demands punishment. Therefore, our sins had to be forgiven and forgotten, as it is for those who are baptized into Jesus Christ. It is then that we are clothed in His righteousness, which is not a righteousness of our own. If Jesus somehow paid God the Father off for our sins, we would still be guilty of sinning. We just wouldn’t receive any consequences for our sins.


News Item12/8/18 4:38 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK...

The promises are real. So when God says He will give Abraham the Promise Land, Gentiles will also live there. When Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of the Jews, He is also the propitiation for the sins of the whole world.


News Item12/8/18 3:00 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
141
comments
John UK...

Different analogy. Gentiles weren’t even a part of the picture yet either.

It really doesn’t matter what I wish because God has grafted Gentiles into the olive tree regardless of how I would feel about it. Now if you ask me, I thank God for it!

“As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭11:28-29‬

Please understand, this is not talking about the church but Israel who is beloved for the sake of their forefathers. Why?! Because the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable. Capeesh?

Jump to Page : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more


Shane Stegemann
Beware the flatterer

Proverbs 26:23-28; Ephesians...
Sunday Service
Presbyterian Reformed Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Alex Montoya
Kindred Spirits: Unity

IFCA International Convention
IFCA International
Video!Play! | MP4

Dr. James M. Phillips
#116 Death

Matthew From the Greek Text
Discover The Word With Dr...
Video!Play! | MP4

E. A. Johnston
Jesus Is Able To Save Even You

Evangelistic Message
Evangelism Awakening
Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Warnings About Public Schools

Finally Time to Get Them Out?
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Event: Oct 11-13, 2019
2019 Springfield Bible Conference

"The Glory of Christ"
Conference
Faith Bible Church

Sermon: A Woman after God's Own Heart
Dr. Sacha Walicord

SPONSOR | 13,000+

SPONSOR




                   
I have a great need for Christ; I have a great Christ for my need. ... C. H. Spurgeon


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories