Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -16 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ JOHN FOR JESUS ”
Page 1 | Page 15 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item7/27/18 11:03 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
John UK...

That was me. I always try to address who I am talking to and I accidentally put your name in the wrong spot. Sorry about that!


News Item7/27/18 6:13 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
James Thomas...

Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
Romans 11:12

Romans follows what is said in Isaiah just fine. It shows the result of Israel's rejection and why we are all grafted into the promises of God.


News Item7/27/18 8:16 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
John UK...

"Of course, this has to apply to all men, because the word to all men is: Ye must be born again."

All men are grafted into the olive tree and therefore able to partake of the promises of Abraham's children.

For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
Acts 2:39


News Item7/26/18 9:26 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
James Thomas...

That's more of a prochecy about Israel's rejection of their Messiah and then Gentiles being grafted into the cultivated olive tree as a result of their disobedience.

Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
Romans 11:12


News Item7/26/18 4:48 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
John UK...

I think the roots of the cultivated olive tree are Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob through which the promises of God flow to the grafted in olive branches Also.


News Item7/26/18 9:00 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
John UK...

That's all well and good, but we were talking about the cultivated olive tree. Being grafted in doesn't mean one is saved.


News Item7/26/18 12:22 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
Dr. Tim...

Your comment didn't move the ball any, so why don't you just take your ball and go home!


News Item7/25/18 5:55 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
John UK...

1) He wasn't Jewish as far as the law, but all of the promises of God started with Him and he is the father of the Jewish people.

2) No, the cultivated olive tree is Israel and Gentiles are grafted in.

3) I think I know where you are going. There's always a twist of scripture with you. Israel has been replaced by John UK, right?

They were the cultivated olive tree branches who have since been cut off. You weren't grafted into them because they have already been cut off.


News Item7/25/18 3:16 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
John UK...

When you say that Israel was merely a type instead than being the cultivated olive tree to which Gentiles are grafted in, it sounds like you are boasting against Israel as if it is you to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.
Romans 9:4‭-‬5


News Item7/25/18 1:43 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
John UK...

The roots are the patriarchs. So don't boast against Israel because your blessings are a result of the promises to them.


News Item7/25/18 8:33 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
145
comments
Good, a Syrian warplane had no business being there! Of course, some people will use this event to teach replacement theology as if Israel did something wrong.

do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
Romans 11:18


News Item7/23/18 8:21 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
122
comments
Jaycobee wrote:
It reminds me of Mormon missionaries who , when confronted with the question of how they know the Book of Mormon is true, their default answer is "I just have a warm feeling inside in my bosom".
I am not the only one to notice! I've said that before about Calvinists. They have a coversion experience that is closely related to the burning in the bosom experience of the LDS.

News Item7/22/18 2:39 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
246
comments
Lurker wrote:
You'll never be able to make a convincing argument while trying to wing it through biblical terminology. Words and terms have meaning and the bible defines them. Your arguments are non-sensical.
Wing it? I've qouted irrefutable evidence as found in scripture. On the contrary, it must make sense or you wouldn't be commenting.

Wing it? I didn't say Jesus "probably" meant this or that like some people do. All of your arguments end with this verse:

But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Matthew 15:24


News Item7/22/18 1:12 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
246
comments
Simeon wrote:
A light to lighten the Gentiles
Sure, he said that. I also believe that God loves the world. However, the earthly ministry of Jesus involved seeking after the lost sheep of Israel. He wasn't concerned with the Gentiles.

and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Luke 24:47

Jesus started His ministry in Israel (those He was sent to) and then His disciples carried it out to the rest of the world after Jesus ascended to Heaven.


News Item7/22/18 12:19 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
246
comments
John UK wrote:
John, please read John's gospel and get the facts, and then you can argue with yourself. I'm not in the least interested in "winning" an argument.
I never said you were interested in winning an argument. It's apparent by your response that you are not.

But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Matthew 15:24

Who were the only ones that Jesus was sent to? What house did they belong to?


News Item7/22/18 11:01 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
246
comments
Hello wrote:
His own words to a Gentile!! Did He help her? Are there other instances where He ministered to Gentiles?
Yes, but that wasn't the main goal of His ministry. If He tells the truth to a Gentile, is it any less of a truth?!

Look at the example of the soldier who wanted his servant healed:

And when they came to Jesus, they begged Him earnestly, saying that the one for whom He should do this was deserving,
Luke 7:4

Why was that?

Because He came for lost sheep of Israel and the centurion wasn't a Jew, so they had to convince Jesus to heal his servant for a Gentile. The gospel is to the Jew first and then to the Gentiles, but He didn't go to India or China to preach the gospel.

John UK...

You aren't able to argue against the truth so you only feign like you are right. Weak sauce bro!


News Item7/22/18 10:27 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
246
comments
John UK wrote:
John, please read the NT and get the facts straight.
These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matthew 10:5‭-‬6

He was seeking the lost sheep of Israel.

But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Matthew 15:24

Those are His own words!


News Item7/22/18 8:57 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
246
comments
John UK wrote:
John, it is because of your unwillingness to read and study the NT that you come out with statements like this. I don't need to prove you wrong. All you have to do is read the Bible and you will see where you are going wrong.
So read your Bible, John.
These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matthew 10:5‭-‬6

I qouted scripture and it was not out of context, so I am not sure what you mean other than you don't like the fact that God was concerned first and foremost about the lost sheep of Israel.

Have a good day at church ya'll!


News Item7/21/18 10:38 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
246
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
1) So you are admitting what you previously denied in your 5:40 a.m. post that there are those who are referred to as sheep prior to belief.

2) But you are also saying no Gentile believers are known as sheep?

1) Maybe I could have been more clear, but no. Sheep are believers! However, at the time they were first believers in God, they didn't know Jesus Christ until He was revealed to them and they didn't all learn of Him at the same time. So the sheep herd belonging to the Father was given over to the Shepherd who then had to round the sheep up.

2) Jesus' ministry didn't involve the Gentiles.

These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, "Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matthew 10:5‭-‬6


News Item7/21/18 6:17 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
246
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
You keep making past tense statements on a future tense saying. This is why discussions with you go in circles. You are obfuscating the words of the text to fit your thinking
I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.
John 10:14‭-‬16

Jesus knew His sheep and they knew Him. Those people were what we would call today Christians. His sheep were people who knew Jesus at that time. That's why He spoke in the present tense. However, there were other sheep, as I have shown you, who were given Him of the Father who had not yet believed in the Messiah. Those people were Jewish believers who believed in God, but had not yet been converted to Christ. They were the other sheep that were not of the Christian fold yet but we're going to be in the future. Not everyone heard and believed Jesus at the same time. Jesus said He was going to bring in other sheep using the future tense because it hadn't happened yet.

Jump to Page : back 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 more




From Blasphemy to Faith
Dr. Peter Masters

Hourly: Do ALL Infants Go To Heaven?
Rev. Kyle Paisley
Oulton Broad Free...
Staff Picks..

Don Green
The Purpose of the Church

Truth Community Church
Midweek Service
Transcript!Play! | MP4

E. A. Johnston
Church Folk Boiling Mad In..

Evangelism Awakening
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Sermon: A Woman after God's Own Heart
Dr. Sacha Walicord

SPONSOR | 14,400+

SPONSOR




                   
Service is the overflow of superabounding devotion. ... Oswald Chambers


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Dashboard | Info
Cross Publish New!
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards | Biz Cards
Solo Sites
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories