Sign in or signup
Radio Streams
SA Radio
24/7 Radio Stream
VCY America
24/7 Radio Stream

My Favorite Things
Home
NewsSITE
Events | Local | Blogs
New Audio | Video | Clips
Broadcasters
Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Category
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -30 sec
Top Sermons
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Sermon DashboardNEW
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ ROGERANT ”
Page 1 | Page 11 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
Survey1/20/09 5:25 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
91
comments
John UK wrote:
Does the catechism have a question and answer for the text found in 1 John 3:8?
The Word does

Exekiel 37:1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest. Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD. So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith..


News Item1/20/09 2:32 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
343
comments
John UK wrote:
And so you have a half-Bible doctrine, Roger, whereas my TUPPIP is a whole-Bible doctrine. I know which I prefer, because when I read the Bible I like to believe every word and sentence.
And Lo! Spurgeon too!
Your charge to those whom adhere to particular atonement as only having half bible doctrine, and that we don't believe every word and sentence, is as arrogant as can be. Are you accusing Spurgeon of having a half bible doctrine and doesn't believe in every word and sentence?

And can you provide any scripture that says that Christ died for all men in order that some might be saved. My book says that in those He died for, all would be saved. That His death effectually and eternally redeemed them.

Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

But what you are saying is, that Christ's blood was unholy (or common to all)


News Item1/20/09 12:44 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
343
comments
John UK wrote:
Roger, you mean to tell me that you apply HUMAN logic to determine your doctrines?
Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the CHASTISEMENT OF OUR PEACE was upon him; and with his stripes WE ARE healed....He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of MY PEOPLE was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, HE SHALL SEE HIS SEED, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. HE SHALL SEE THE TRAVAIL OF HIS SOUL, AND SHALL BE SATISFIED; BY HIS KNOWLEDGE SHALL MY RIGHTEOUS SERVENT JUSTIFY MANY; FOR HE SHALL BEAR THEIR INIQUITIES"

Yes Christ would die for all men, but not all are saved. Therefore, He shall not see the fruit (travail) of his suffering.

Is this what you are saying?


News Item1/20/09 11:11 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
343
comments
John UK wrote:
An extreme position is reached when you make a doctrine out of one verse of the Bible, or by logically concluding a doctrine from other doctrines without scriptural support.
Please provide Sriptural support for the doctrine of the Trinity without logic and see if you can defend it.

No Scriptural support that Christ's death actually saved those for whom He died?

Heb 9:12 "He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, HAVING OBTAINED ETERNAL REDEMPTION"..."For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-now he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins commited under the first covenant"

Romans 3:24 "and are jsutified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus"

Thus whose whom have been redeemed have been saved.

Yes, and logic. To see what flows from the logic I recommend that you listen to the following sermon on the result of your logic.

[URL=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=928082234540]]]Is your god a failure or is He God[/URL]

[URL=http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=112908143515]]]


News Item1/19/09 10:20 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
343
comments
John UK wrote:
That's ok Roger, you can build 'your' truth on half the Bible if you want to. God gives you the freedom to do that, and I wouldn't call you extreme, far from it.
Me, I'll take the Bible, the whole Bible, and nothing but the Bible, and stand my ground, no matter what names men call me.
Now with that reasoning, if someone were to say that the Bible teaches salvation by faith or salvation by works, would your position be faith plus works? And would the other two positions be extremes? And if one held to salvation by faith apart form works as being extreme and only reading half of the Bible?

Is that how I am to understand your logic?

Or how about half way between Islam and Christianity, would that be a laudable position?

Please help me with this line of reasoning.


News Item1/19/09 6:02 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
343
comments
John UK wrote:
Too true, it's a shame both extremes can't let go of pet doctrines and find the true biblical path, as former Bishop of Liverpool John Ryle managed. It's a permanent cure.
Just like unblelievers who think that they are on solid ground in the middle of the issue with an open mind, we find these truths.

There is no middle ground between right and wrong. Middle ground is still wrong.

There is no one who sits in the middle between two extremes, he is just one who is ideologically confused.

One who hasn't made up his mind on what is truth, or can't figure it out, should not consider those who are confident of their position to be arrogant or extreme.


News Item1/19/09 7:40 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
John Yurich USA wrote:
I am reluctant to preach the Gospel Of Jesus via verbal communication because I am not that eloquent in verbal communication.
1 Cor 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with WISDOM of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Besides the fact that it does not require eloquent words, let me ask you, have you written to any of your own parishioners?


News Item1/17/09 7:48 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
Antinomian wrote:
Yes Legalism aka Christiana, there are rules (laws)on this forum that don't allow you to post back to back. The purpose for identifying yourself as alias is not so you can post back to back and break the rules. Nor has sermon audio placed it there because they support christian's misrepresenting themselves.Changing your alias I suppose would allow you to break or transgress those rules or laws. That would be sin. I thought that you had the ability or were empowered by the Holy Spirit not to sin? By your own standards you must not be saved. Rather unfortunate wouldn't you say.

Please read back in my posts to see if I said that "One could sin as much as one likes". We are commanded not to, but since we still are sinful flesh we still do.

You obviously adhere to some type of Wesleyan Perfectionist theology. As for myself, the closer I get to God's Holiness the more the depths of my deep rooted sin is exposed. There are more sins exposed, and therefore more grace that one must draw upon. "But, thanks be to God for the Lord Jesus Christ!


News Item1/16/09 8:42 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
anti wrote:
[AUTHOR]rogerant wrote:
Romans 7:14
Note here to, Paul is speaking in the first person, present indicative mood. Not in the past tense.
Read on..
aka Sharon S. aka Antinomian aka Christians aka Kendall aka Judgment aka Hope aka Me aka passing by aka Faith aka Sentinel aka whatever alias you use

Why do you hide behind all of these alias's? I thought that only criminals hid behind alias's and cloaks.

You don't realize the how far you fall short of the truth. You do not know yourself. You think that you are walking above and beyond the law. You believe that you are more spiritual than the Paul of Romans 7.

You spend time on these blogs condemning and the salvation of those who disagree with you, while lost sinners die on the street.

come join the rest of us sinners, in God's grace, and repent of this self righteousness.

I concur with the chief of sinners. Thanks be to God for the Lord Jesus Christ, for saving me by His grace for my inability to overcome sin. I am happy for you that are living the victorious christian life. As for me, I need a savior, and continual washing of the lamb.

Why are you misrepresenting your true identity?


News Item1/16/09 6:37 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
Anti nomian wrote:
Christ that is in you I can do all things
Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me....But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God--through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Note here to, Paul is speaking in the first person, present indicative mood. Not in the past tense.


Survey1/16/09 1:03 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
John UK wrote:
Somewhere along the line, a man of God has to make a decision on whether to baptise a confessed penitent or not. In my own case, after my conversion, I wanted to be baptised as soon as I realised it was important. Up till then I was telling people I was saved by God's grace, so what did I need baptism for.
I was actually kept waiting for some months, and had to do a weekly course with the pastor, along with eleven other converts. We were taught all about the doctrines of grace (being a '1689 Baptist confessional' Free Evangelical Church) which included the doctrine of salvation and the purpose and meaning of baptism.
Only when the elders of the church had interviewed all the candidates for baptism, and were happy with their testimonies of conversion, were we all baptised by total immersion, after giving a short testimony in church. It was a real glory day!
Seems like a lengthy and intrusive process. I wonder how many elders were involved in this fruit testing and interogation when over 3,000 believers were added to the church in one day?

News Item1/16/09 11:46 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
S. Smith wrote:
Perhaps you have not heard, "work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling."
Philippians 1:1 "Paul and Timothy, the servants of Jesus Christ, TO ALL THE SAINTS in Christ Jesus..."

2:12 "THEREFORE,...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh IN YOU TO WILL AND TO DO OF HIS GOOD PLEASURE"

Just like in all of Paul's letters, the verbs are all in the present indicative when he is dealing with justification, and then he says THEREFORE, and then the verbs change to the IMPERATIVE mood.

In other words, since God has justified and saved you (present indicative), THERFORE, do this (imperative) out of gratitude and obedience to this work.

So, since God has brought you to belief and saved you through the atoning death of His Son and made you a saint, (justification)therefore work out what he has already started in you (sanctification).

"But don't forget, It is God which worketh in you both TO WILL, and TO DO of His good pleasure"!

Arminians confuse these two verb tenses and add them together. They say God atoned AND you must do this to be saved.

The Bible says God has atoned, THEREFORE, since you have been saved, do this.


News Item1/16/09 11:00 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
S. Smith wrote:
Good Morning, Roger,
It's interesting how you appear as from the shadows whenever DJC49 is around. Hmmmm....
Let's see, would I be right in assuming that you are just getting up from the breakfast table and, if I remember correctly, you have stated in the past that you could not get up from breakfast without sinning - was it stealing or lying that you cited?
Actually, not just lying and stealing. I break all of the commandment by the time that I get to breakfast. And they can be summed up this way. I have not loved the Lord God with all of my heart, and I have not loved my neighbor as myself.

My first thoughts when I get our of bed are, "man, I didn't get enouph sleep" Not, "Thank you God for that sleep!

My next thought is, maaake coffey! Not for my neighbor, but for myself!

What say you? Have you followed all of the commandments of active and passive obedience before you eat breakfast. Did you sleep in your own bed last night, or did a homeless person sleep in it while you slept on the floor?

"The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air of nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay His head"

Your assertion sounds like legalism and a high regard for your ability to manifest evident graces!


Survey1/16/09 10:12 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2679
comments
John UK wrote:
Rogerant, I take it you didn't learn anything.
Well maybe, in God's sovereignty and purpose, you should not have looked it up. If you go out of God's will, only you can be to blame for that. Maybe you need to be filled with the Holy Ghost all over again.
But an article which is purely scripture without any words of man can never be detrimental.
Then link to Scripture, not to a uneducated blind guides personal testimony web site.

News Item1/16/09 10:08 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
43
comments
S. Smith wrote:
I fear the disconnect is working within YOUR own soul, Mr. DJC49.
And, the sadness should be for you.
While your posts clearly articulate the Reformed theological position, there appears to be a lack of the grace of the Lord when speaking with you via e-mail.
It is not enough to know the right doctrine - you must be born again - of the Spirit - and that will result in a change in attitude toward other people. I have found that Christ-like attitude sorely lacking in our brief e-mail exchanges, and, therefore, prefer the public forum for any exchanges.
May others join with me in praying for you - that your knowledge of Scripture would be united with faith in believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.
I say this with no malice, and only in sincerity. Abraham Kuyper, the Dutch theologian and statesman, was preaching before he was converted. May you, like he, come to know the Lord, having an understanding of Scripture, already.
There appears to be a MAJOR disconnect between your opinion of DJC49 and that of scripture. You have judged him according to the law of works, not by his profession of faith. I recollect the Pharisee's doing as such.

And now you are praying for HIS salvation?

Who can bring a charge against HIS elect?


Survey1/16/09 9:53 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2679
comments
John UK wrote:
Words of man can fail, but here is [URL=http://blessitt.com/?q=What_Jesus_Says_About_the_End_of_the_World.html]]]What Jesus Says About The End of the World[/URL]
I visited this site. What garbage!

"I walk for Jesus! At 5 am one morning, Jesus spoke to me, ‚ÄėArthur, take the cross off the wall of your building, carry the cross on foot....identify my message on the highways, road-sides where the people are'". Quote Authur Blessit

Every sentence in this fellows website starts with "I" This fellow is preoccupied with what "He has done, and what HE is doing for Jesus".

The confession of a christian is "what Christ has done for us" not "what I am doing and have done for him"

The false religion of the lost is focussed upon their own works, and what they are doing.

Such is the fruit of the teaching of universal atonement.

Many saints that have studied the subject of the millenium "in depth" have gone before us. Are we to follow this wingnut who flies by the seat of our own pants?


News Item1/11/09 1:10 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
Mike wrote:
You have a Jeep? Cool!
Yep! 2006 Jeep Commander Limited! 5.7 litre Hemi!

Just warming it up to go out ice fishing for Walleye. Fish on!!!

Did you know that our Lord was a fisherman! But I am not quite sure whether he had a Jeep. It doesn't say.

PS It is not a Land Rover John, but it does have the 6 speed Quadritrack Land Rover transmission.


News Item1/11/09 10:27 AM
rogerant | Saskatoon, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
John UK wrote:
Mike was saying that a person who is elected and predestinated unto salvation by God 'is saved' the moment he receives the Spirit.
As a matter of fact, a person who is elected and predestined unto salvation by God is saved at the cross in around 33 A.D. When one receives the Spirit and comes to belief, he is then made aware of his state, repents (changes his mind about Christ, and then clings to Christ for salvation. But the actual work of the atonement and saving takes place at the cross. Once the penalty of sin was payed for "in Christ" God no longer holds legal ground to punish you. Then:

Romans 4:26 "He was raised for our justification" is the sound of the judges gavel as He proclaims our acquital in a resounding "NOT GUILTY
"


News Item1/10/09 11:06 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
Sentinel wrote:
He is one in a million.
I savored the whole piece.
Thanks again, Pikestaff.
I can't believe that I missed this day of blogging! I am just choked! My favorite author. Their is no one else in my opinion that can find Christ in the old testament and exegete like Arthur! My MP3 of Pinks Sovereignty of God never leaves my 6 disc player in my Jeep. Priceless!!!

I have his:

Sovereignty of God
Exposition of Hebrews
Exposition of John
Exposition of Elisha
Gleanings from Exodus
Seven Sayings of the Savior of the Cross
Attributes of God

Can't get enough of him.

All of his written works can be found here:

http://www.godrules.net/library/pink/pink.htm

Anyone who wants the MP3 version of the Sovereignty of God, I will mail it to them. I will even send you free versions, Mike, Michael Hranek and Hidemi. Everyone need to hear them. E-mail me if you want a copy. Roger


News Item1/9/09 10:03 PM
rogerant | Saskatoon, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by rogerant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
John UK wrote:
FAITH and REPENTANCE
One of the best gospel passages in the Bible is found in Isaiah 55:6-7.
Yes GOSPEL, not LAW

Isaiah 55:5-11 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee. Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down , and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Sekk the Lord, do not dwell upon your repentance. focus on Him!

Jump to Page : back [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 more



John Pittman Hey
The Glory of the Lord's Coming

Dealing with America's Fall
Sunday Service
Grace Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Hourly: SA: Cost of Discipleship
Marcus Reyes
SermonAudio Classics
Staff Picks..

Joelee Chamberlain
The Prodigal Son - for Kids

Children's Bible Stories
Children's Bible Audios
Play! | MP3

Don Green
Such Great Love

Truth Community Church
Midweek Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Sermon:
Spiritual Adulterers
Ken Wimer

SPONSOR | 2,300+

SPONSOR




                   
Duties are ours and consequences are God's. ... Samuel Rutherford


Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal

MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Watch
Android
Church App
Fire Tablet
Wear
Chromecast TV
Apple TV
Android TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Echo
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts
2-MINUTE TIPS

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
SA Newsroom
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES
Sermon Dashboard | Info
Audio | Video | Podcast
Sermon Player | Video
Church Finder | Info
Mobile & Apps
Live Webcasting
Listen Line
Events Support
Transcription | PowerClips
Billboards
Business Cards
SOLO Sites New!
Favorites New! | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Embed Codes
Goodies
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BLB
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Auto-Upload Sermons
Upload via FTP
Upload via Dropbox
Picasa
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Earn SA COINS! New!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Privacy Policy | Support Us | Stories