When a Revival is to be Expected - Part Three Main Points By Charles Finney Body by Pastor Justyn Smith
“Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?” Psalm 85:6
If you would spend time reading the whole Psalm 85 you would notice that God had “been favorable” to their land, but that wasn’t enough...THEY DESIRED A GOD ORDAINED SEASON OF REVIVAL! Question: are we currently satisfied with where we are at spiritually? I beg of you, do not be satisfied with the “status quo!” Pray for God to revive us again!
The past two articles have dealt with when a revival is needed, and the importance of having a revival because of the need revealed. Today, we are looking at...
When a revival may be expected.
A revival may be expected... 1. When the providence of God indicates that a revival is a hand. I like it when God brings the spiritual temperature to the perfect climate for revival. It is true that God maneuvers life circumstances into the best position for a miraculous moving in individuals, families, churches, and countries, but we mustn’t forget the need to become humbled before Him and seek Him. Revival is two-sided. Put your pointer finger of faith into the air to see if the winds of revival are beginning to blow! I can’t wait for it...God’s been doing great things!
A revival may be expected... 2. When the wickedness of the wicked grieves and humbles and distresses Christians. It ought to bother you that the wicked continue to live the way the do. But it shouldn’t just bother you, it should also bring you to your knees in surrender to God and prayer for healing to a wicked people. Please allow the decisions of those opposed to God cause you to see the need to seek God personally.
A revival may be expected when Christians have a spirit of prayer for revival. As we continue to address revival we notice that prayer tends to be an important process of a God sent revival. I understand that prayers of repetition and prayers recited are pretty much useless and mundane because it is not done in a true heart of communication, but when one learns to truly step before the Throne of God in the name of Jesus and he enters into sweet communion with the Lord, he nows enter into one of the greatest communication relationships that a human can have with divinity. We should come to a place where we feel God nudging us into the prayer closet at any given point in a 24 hour period. Pray we say, but pray we must! Pray for revival my friends!
4. Another sign that a revival may be expected is when the attention of ministers is especially directed to this particular object, and when their preaching and other efforts are aimed particularly at the conversion of sinners. I, as a preacher, should gain a greater attention concerning the relationship we have with God, and the true conversion of sinners to Jesus Christ. Please preachers, get your sermons off of self and story and place your focus on the Lord Jesus Christ, for He is the Author and the Finisher of our faith!
5. A revival of religion may be expected when Christians begin to confess their sins to one another. This is not weakness, but being genuine. There is a releasing power in forgiveness that comes with this as well. This point happens as each party pushes the pride aside and realizes his problem between God and man. We may be amazed, if God would ever reveal it to us, how often God has desired to revive in a particular situation through our simple confession one to another, but revival never struck because we remained silent. Please be sensitive to the Lord in this, for there are some things that would be considered “better left unsaid”.
6. A revival may be expected whenever Christians are found willing to make the sacrifices necessary to carry it on. What are you willing to sacrifice to see God revive your life, your church’s, America’s, or the world’s? Or do you even care if God would send such a moving among His people again? Special meetings are necessary to the continuance of strong believers, because it draws them closer to the Light! So please, be willing to sacrifice something...maybe you should take this question of what? to God...yeah, ask Him what He’d have you to do, and then do it!
7. A revival may be expected with ministers and believers are willing to have God promote it by what ever instruments he pleases. Sometimes God will use “weak things” or “base things” to begin a great moving of God. Consequently, it may not be the good looking person or family that God chooses to use to bring a revival, but it just may be through the family or person that no one has ever noticed. Has it ever occurred to you that the person we never notice might be the very person God has taken great interest in listening to? Let’s desire to be known by God before we are ever known by man!
8. Strictly I should say that when the foregoing things occur, a revival, to some extent, already exists. “Revival. Revival! Could it be? Has God chosen to move so mighty upon me? Revival. Revival! Is it already here? Yes, Yes! God’s moving greatly everywhere! Revival. Revival! Will it cease? Please, continue, Lord, and let it ever increase!” JMS
I can’t wait to see a mighty moving of God in central Illinois. Please consider the words of these articles, and let it’s points become of great interest to you and set your attention on the things of God!
O, LORD, revive us again! (Sooner than later, please.) :)
When a Revival is to be Expected - Part TwoMain Points By Charles FinneyBody by Pastor Justyn Smith“Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?” Psalm 85:6If you would spend time reading the whole Psalm 85 you...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
When a revival is to be expectedMain Points By Charles FinneyBody by Pastor Justyn Smith“Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?” Psalm 85:6If you would spend time reading the whole Psalm 85 you would notice...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Tis the season for new beginnings, exciting resolutions, personal goals, and hopeful re-commitments. :) To many people this is just another day, but to some people, it's a journey toward new horizons. So as we take the bridge of life over the...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Dear Friends, Family, and Church Family, Well, it’s that time of year again, and we are so excited to share with you some of what God has done and is doing for us! There are many blessings that we could mention, but we would simply like to...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Info and Update Pastor Justyn Smith is an Illinois boy from birth, and he spent his teenage years as a member of Crossroads Baptist Church. As a child, after coming under the conviction of his sin against the holy God, he knelt by his bedside and...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Why Believe in the Christ of Christmas? Many people believe Christ is just a crutch, one of many faiths, or nonsense. I mean, how does one really know that Christ is the Messiah (the Chosen One) or not? Why should one believe in the real reason...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Dear Friend: There's only one reason I'd ever give any one a letter like this. The reason is because I care. I care what happens to you now, and I care what happens to you eternally. That's why I ask you to read this letter as though your life...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Ready in the Word Ezra 7:6 records a character trait of one of God’s choice men – Ezra. This character trait is known as being READY in the Word, and being READY in the Word will always lead to the place of blessing – as it did...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Answers to Questions concerning BaptismWhy Is Immersion (Dipping Under Water) Our Only Mode of Baptism at Crossroads?First, let's start with the translators of the Bible. When they were translating from Greek to English, every once in a while...[ abbreviated | read entire ]