Our sincere sympathy is extended to Sue Thacker in the recent death of her sister Lou Ann Gibson.
I am preaching this morning at Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Princeton, NJ where Brother Clay Curtis is pastor. The Lord willing Janet and I will return home on Tuesday.I covet your prayers as we travel and preach.
Eric Floyd and John Chapman will be preaching here this morning. Please pray for these men as they preach the unsearchable riches of Christ.
Our midweek service will be on Thursday this week when Pastor Marvin Stalnaker from Katy Baptist Church will be preaching for us.
ASSURANCE IN COMING TO CHRIST
Come to Christ.To those who will not come to Christ I ask why won’t you come to Christ?Let me give you two very good reasons to come to Christ: His commandment and His promise.
The gospel is a command to come to Christ.It isn’t an offer or an invitation.It is the command of God to come to Christ.Now come to Him in obedience to His command and He will not cast you out.
The second reason to come to Christ is the promise of Christ.He promised to never cast out any sinner who comes to Him seeking forgiveness of sin, righteousness in Him, and eternal life in Him.Then come to Him seeking forgiveness of your sin and mercy for your soul and He will not cast you out.
HE NEVER CHANGES
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and forever.” – Hebrews 13:8
I am so thankful that as I grow older and things change, inside and out, that there is One who never changes.
1. His love never changes with time, for He loved me with an everlasting love that knows no change.
2. His power never changes. He is just as able to keep me from falling today as when I first began.
3. His Word never changes: “God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? Or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?” (Numbers 23:19). Has He not magnified His Word above His Name? 4. His election of me shall never change. He will never cast off those whom He has chosen, for they will never do anything that He did not know about and has not already taken care of.
5. The power of His blood shall never change. It still cleanses from all sin. No matter how deep the stain has gone, His blood washes it away.
6. His Sacrifice will never change, it will never lose its effectiveness because it is always fresh in the midst of the Throne of God: “And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain…” (Rev. 5:6). We have a living sacrifice standing in the midst of the Throne of God. When we rise out of our beds in the morning and go through our changes, just remember that there is One who remains the same yesterday, today and forever: The Rock Christ Jesus.
To make a thorough study of all that is wrong with man, all of the specific consequences of the fall, would be a considerable undertaking requiring great time and effort. Yet we know that unless the Lord opened our hearts and understanding to His truth, we would yet be entirely ignorant on the subject. But if God is pleased to just show us Christ crucified, one glimpse of the Son of God at Calvary, will make us to know what we are. The horror of what we are. And that same glimpse, of that same One, will reveal how God made right all that is wrong. For the elect of God, all that we are and all that He is, is revealed at the cross. Our condemnation, and our sure hope, in one look. We preach Christ crucified.
THE GLORIOUS GOSPEL OF SUBSTITUTION The gospel of substitution declares that sinners are saved because Christ died for them as their substitute. The gospel of substitution is glorious because it glorifies the attributes of God in the salvation of...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
FREEDOM THAT CAN NEVER BE LOST Once a year on July 4th our country celebrates our freedom. As I celebrate, I like to think about how our freedom was gained. First I thank God for giving our country such freedom. We have freedom to worship...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
There will be a church dinner following the service today to celebrate Andrea Morgan’s 60th birthday and Janet Tate’s 50th birthday. Please plan to stay and enjoy a time of fellowship together. ***** THE GOSPEL: CHRIST IS ALL The...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
There will be a church dinner next Sunday, June 26th to celebrate Andrea Morgan’s 60th birthday and Janet Tate’s 50th birthday. Sign up sheets for food are in the vestibule. ***** FORGIVENESS Every child of God is very interested...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
A special thank you to our teachers and all of our volunteers who worked so hard to give us a profitable and enjoyable week of Bible School. I am thankful for our teachers who so diligently teach God’s Word (Deut. 6:7). Lets all pray that...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
We rejoice with Lindy Simpson who confessed Christ her Savior in believer’s baptism on Wednesday. If the Lord has revealed Himself to anyone else who wishes to be baptized, please let me know. ***** Vacation Bible School for ages 4...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Our sincere sympathy is extended to Michelle Simpson in the recent death of her brother, Scott David Hall. ***** Our Bible School for ages 4 through high school will be held here at the church from June 8-10 from 9:30 a.m. to noon....[ abbreviated | read entire ]
Our sincere sympathy is extended to the family of Bill Bartram who passed away last week. ***** HE MUST INCREASE, BUT I MUST DECREASE – John3:30 The key to a right relationship with God is found in this statement: “He must increase,...[ abbreviated | read entire ]
HERESY But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets. (Act 24:14) The word heresy means a choice. So someone...[ abbreviated | read entire ]