Scott McMahan
Scott McMahan  |  Internet
on all products and blogs for this member

Blog7/27/14 12:12 AM
Holly from Arkansas  Find all comments by Holly
• Posted 3 days ago
comments
I received one of these E-Mails today for Global Who's Who. I
assumed it was a scam, so before I clicked on anything to view the
rest of it, I googled this guy John D'Augustino. There appears to
be a legit person by this name. Apparently he's an Entrepreneur, a
successful one at that! After reading what all of you have written, I
don't believe I will open this! I am, and have been retired since 1996!
Thanks to all of you who have posted about this scam! M

Blog7/25/14 4:29 PM
Daaave  Find all comments by Daaave
• Posted 5 days ago
comments
Well, I too had been get phone calls after phone calls. They started out with the life-time or 5 year option. I said no. They then offered a 3 year option. After another no, they came back with a 1 year option for a low $199. I said no again, and they came back with a special 1 year option of $69.

They said I had filled out a form which is why they called me to verify some info. The caller was then "surprised" that I didn't remember them and wanted to research them more. Honestly, I don't recall filling out a form, but I will also admit that I do sometimes just to see what will happen.

Anyway, I didn't bite.

Blog7/12/14 6:39 PM
CJ  Contact via emailFind all comments by CJ
comments
I just realized something. I bet you all have a LinkedIn
account, dont you? I just received the same email.
When I first read it, it made me feel good about my
accomplishments - so at least I got something for
free!

Blog7/12/14 4:26 PM
CJ from Florida  Find all comments by CJ
comments
John Dagostino congratulated me on this
achievement - umm, so I am a miniscule
manager in a healthcare company, really? I
am important now, I wonder if I get a raise
and a promotion!

Blog7/11/14 8:55 AM
drjimmy  Find all comments by drjimmy
comments
i got a subject bible i got it 75 dollars
that bible worth more than you think

Blog6/26/14 9:26 PM
Tony from USA  Find all comments by Tony
comments
I have found success with Covenant Eyes
for many years! I know that the primary
concern is personal information but
Covenant eyes does not assume any risk by
gathering such information. You should
only use personal information on secured
servers (ex. HTTPS://) and Covenant Eyes
does not gather information here or
anywhere else, only a record of the
visit.

Circumnavigation is also easy to thwart.
I choose to block links to ISO files that
may contain alternate operating systems
and utilize good-old-fashion
accountability to boost the filters
effectiveness.

"Flee from sexual immorality..." -1
Corinthians 6:18

Blog6/18/14 5:20 PM
Frank B from Ann Arbor MI  Find all comments by Frank B
comments
Well I guess I'm not as important a guy
as they originally said I was either,
after I informed them I wasn’t willing to
shell out $600.00 dollars either, I went
on to inform them that I thought buying
tool for my shoe string part time guitar
amplifier business needed a new tube
tester. So then I could get the $1oo.oo
certificate if I so desired, I declined
to be the nobody I Am…
Frank B, Owner, Ann Arbor Amp Repair

Blog6/16/14 6:40 PM
Desiree from Iowa  Find all comments by Desiree
comments
Thank You so much!
I received an email from these people but had never heard of Global Who's Who so I googled them and your blog popped up. I am happy to say I will now be deleting my email I received from them.

Blog6/14/14 2:13 PM
booboothafool from United States  Contact via emailFind all comments by booboothafool
comments
I got one and don't even have a job! !!

Blog6/12/14 12:51 PM
Agbejoro  Find all comments by Agbejoro
comments
Zergendoff,

Please note that not all scam emails emanate from Nigeria. Such hasty generalisation implies that you may be intellectually lazy. Scammers exist all over the world and I am certain that they exist in your country.

Blog6/8/14 11:45 PM
brother james from U.S.A  Find all comments by brother james
comments
i would never give some access to my bois
if they want it password it first. CE
seems over reaching with to many ways to
circumvent.

you could rat the family computer if you
!OWN! it and catch whatever your trying
to do without paying anything or risking
loss of private information to a third
party.

Blog6/3/14 2:33 AM
A Christian member from Silicon Valley  Contact via emailFind all comments by A Christian member
comments
Scott,

Are you responding to using CE for parental control and discipline, and our worried about children defeating the software? I know a lot of children who knows more about computers than their parents, but parents must realize that if they have computers for their children to use, they must take the time to learn about the computers and their kids in order to enforce rules. There is no way around that.

If an adult wants to defeat the website, the best way is not to join. If I am correct in determining CE's objective, it is to help people who want to be helped and is asking for support with temptation. It is not meant for people required to seek help such as under law or threat from spouse or church. I don't think CE provides those services. It is similar to a dieting services (weight watchers or Jenny Craig) to lose weight, alcoholics anonymous and gamblers anonymous to deal with these addictions, or most importantly church membership to worship God and live a Godly life (this is Biblically required. If my interpretation is wrong, please let me know). All of these services work if the person admits to a deficiency of some sort (being an alcoholic, an overeater or a sinner).

For trustworthiness, I pray to God about using CE's site or Googles or etc.

Blog5/13/14 6:02 AM
Manigun Sayed from Imphal  Contact via emailFind all comments by Manigun Sayed
comments
We are not talking about reaching the gospel
of Jesus Christ to China or Korea through
printed Bible and other medias. We are
talking about the sub-standard quality print
and bound system in China and Korea. Our
hard earned money is used to buy Bible.
Don't you expect good quality print and
bound Bible with your hard earned money? Try
to understand the issue before you call
others hypocrites!

Blog5/7/14 12:22 PM
Emerson Melville from NYC  Find all comments by Emerson Melville
comments
Just an apologetic follow-up to the previous comment. I had Googled that "Global Who's Who" and found these comments with no clear indication of the site name until I actually posted my comment. I realize that on a site called "SermonAudio," knowing Charles Spurgeon is a no brainer. Sorry.

Blog5/7/14 12:19 PM
Emerson Melville from NYC  Find all comments by Emerson Melville
comments
I found this scam in my spam folder this morning and opened the email just for the heck of it. When I had to click to download an image I closed and trashed it not trusting what might happen. I suppose my email is out there like everyone else's and these things are bound to happen, but it's sad to see fame slip through my fingers so quickly. At least you knew who Charles Spurgeon was off the top of your head, that should be enough to get you in some book.

Blog5/3/14 9:51 PM
Kat from CA  Find all comments by Kat
comments
I'm a retired teacher. They say I am a valuable secretary. I can
hardly type this. Really now.

Blog4/28/14 12:26 PM
osprey from North Carolina  Contact via emailGo to homepageFind all comments by osprey
comments
Well, what do you know. I got him down to $49. Though I still
didn't bite. I stated my modus operandi was to see persons
who already signed up, check out their medium and subject
matter, google that info to see if their name popped up on
their site and how far up on browser pages it appeared. He
then said he was sorry I wouldn't take this opportunity and
we hung up.
SPAM, YES!
PS: So glad there are sites like this one to check out whether
'opportunities' like this are spam or legit. Thanks Scott.

Blog4/27/14 4:14 AM
Zergendoff from Where the atheists play  Find all comments by Zergendoff
comments
It's amusing in sort of a pathetic way that any educated, intelligent,
person would fall for one of these scam emails. I find it nearly
impossible to believe that one of the posts, who claims to be a
reporter, fell for this scam. A reporter? Tell me that isn't so! My best
guess regarding this "John d' Agostino" is that this fictitious character
is very likely some Nigerian thug and likely part of a syndicate.
Whatever you do if you get one of these cretinous emails is to
NEVER open any attachments or click on any of the links. If you do,
well you can either kiss your hard drive goodbye or you'll have
spyware programs added on your computer that are virtually
impossible to irradiate. Like everything in life: if it sounds too good to
be true then is surely is. Cynical people like me are never defrauded.
Hail! James Randi! Hail! Dr. Steven Hawking! And to all the rest of
the truth seekers and slayers of the lying liars of the world!!

Blog4/26/14 3:06 PM
Unemployed elite from New Jersey  Find all comments by Unemployed elite
comments
I've received a few of these emails and finally decided to do some
research on it.
The only reason I found it hysterical is because I've been
unemployed for a year. So to qualify as an elite in my field, I must be
doing something very wrong!

Blog4/26/14 3:02 PM
Iroshi from Oklahoma  Find all comments by Iroshi
comments
I've been contacted by John D'Agostino by email twice. He seems awfully eager to include me in his who's who list.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more